Woman apologizes after calling Tennessee fan racial slur

Lol we are a nation of wus. who the f*** gives a s**** about something so stupid.
Glad I became a recluse and don't have to be around humans.

And yet in another thread you posted this:

it is the complainers and the doom and gloomers in the world that bring about change. If we were all satisfied with the status quo nothing would ever change. so if you are happy live with it and let the gloomers complain. you should thank them that you aren't celebrating the birthday of the queen or working 15 hours 6 days a week. Better yet on a message board, put them on ignore.

So which is it, complaining causes change or complainers are a bunch of "wus"?

While I disagree with her using a racial slur, the Tennessee fan was antagonizing UK fans by talking **** and video taping it. Don’t throw stones if you live in a glass house, talking trash to opposing fans right after an emotional game then posting this on the internet to look like a victim seems like a pu$$ified move to me..

I'm black and I dont use that word. Yet first thing some people say on here is I bet a bunch of black people where calling each other that or saying that and now they are mad cause she said it. She obviously said to try to hurt first of all. Black people have taken a word that was meant for belittling and made something that in a term of endearment between the culture. But when this lady used it was oblivious she wasn't talking about her brother or home boy it was to take back to those day of Jim Crow.
That all makes sense. I have a question though. What is your opinion on the second hand public outrage that so often happens when people say things like she said. Do you find any of the reactions disingenuous or overly crafted? Does it ever seem to you that some look to capitalize on these sorts of issues for their own profit? Also to clarify I'm strictly referring to the second hand reactions. I have an entirely different opinion on addressing the issue in person the instant that it occurs.

I’m not condoning this woman & her beyond cringeworthy 15 mins of shame but I read a now deleted link posted somewhere(probably within this thread/ still dealing with tornado crap though and mind a little frazzled ) of her UK alum bio page . She apparently survived a very serious brain tumor discovery & removal . Just to throw out a little extra wrinkle I wonder if she was just truly stating her true racist hatred or if perhaps the brain tumor caused some sort of cognitive damage ?? I am sure that will be her angle though , “I didn’t mean it , my condition rendered me temporarily insane & I lost al impulse control “. Just to restate my own personal feelings on the matter : “racist lady bad / said some really stupid crap”. Just wondering out loud and waiting to see if / when she tries to create this narrative .

While I disagree with her using a racial slur, the Tennessee fan was antagonizing UK fans by talking **** and video taping it. Don’t throw stones if you live in a glass house, talking trash to opposing fans right after an emotional game then posting this on the internet to look like a victim seems like a pu$$ified move to me..

Yep, pretty disgusting UK fan, but some people just can't have nice things(like a victory) without screwing it up. They had a chance to have class. Didn't.

So sad that people still embrace racism. This just gives the media and government more ammunition for hate. They want us divided and it’s so upsetting because in my day to day life I enjoy the company of many races and would not even think racism exists if it weren’t for the news.

Reactions: livefaith
Smh, wow some of these responses are quite telling about some of you, and makes me glad I don't know said ones of you in real life.

Also would bet my next paycheck the vast majority of the responses that are more critical of the response to the racist thing said than the racist thing are coming from white people just "telling it like it is".

Victimhood and selective outrage noted.

The thing I struggle to understand is people " white people" spending hundreds or (thousands of dollars if you're a season ticket holder ) to go watch young black men play a game, cheer them on then call an opposing fan the n word. Nutty

Reactions: BowlBrother85
Dude was being a fan we would all despise if he was on the other team. I would dare say many on here would be defending the reaction of this lady if the teams were reversed because if the instigation. (For the record, I find her language indefensible)

Girl was an absolute idiot for saying what she said. If Auburn banned the fan who told SV to go back to Uruguay then KY should do no less.

Tough, emotional, rivalry game. They both let their emotions get the better of them. Neither showed class. She just took it to a different level.

Win with class, Lose with grace.
Lose with class, Win with grace.

That goes for fans also.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Dude was being a fan we would all despise if he was on the other team. I would dare say many on here would be defending the reaction of this lady if the teams were reversed because if the instigation. (For the record, I find her language indefensible)

Girl was an absolute idiot for saying what she said. If Auburn banned the fan who told SV to go back to Uruguay then KY should do no less.

Tough, emotional, rivalry game. They both let their emotions get the better of them. Neither showed class. She just took it to a different level.

That goes for fans also.
I think everyone is already on the sides they would be on based on the response in this thread, hahaha.

For the record, I’m in VolSportsFan’s camp. I would think it was despicable if she were a UT fan too. Only mitigating factor is her previous brain cancer thing as that can make people say horribly inappropriate things

That goes for fans also.

She was definitely wrong and should be punished but a lifetime ban from all events is just pandering to the pc police. Guaranteed if the situation were reversed and she had been called a derogatory racial name nothing would come of this. I also find it sad and somewhat ironic that some people view the weight of a derogatory word more by who says it than the word itself. That’s just flat out ignorant. As long as one side is always the victim and gets to pick the rules for offensiveness there’s no hope of things truly getting better.

Reactions: PandamoniumReigns
The thing I struggle to understand is people " white people" spending hundreds or (thousands of dollars if you're a season ticket holder ) to go watch young black men play a game, cheer them on then call an opposing fan the n word. Nutty
That is a strange dichotomy... and you don't yell something out among a crowd of people like that, unless it is a part of your normal vocabulary. I don't buy the explanation that this was an out of character act. Couldn't she see that the guy was recording her with his phone? Good lord that was stupid.

That is a strange dichotomy... and you don't yell something out among a crowd of people like that, unless it is a part of your normal vocabulary. I don't buy the explanation that this was an out of character act. Couldn't she see that the guy was recording her with his phone? Good lord that was stupid.

When your first thought is to throw out a racist comment that's a pretty good indicator of where your heart is.

Outside of some social media shaming this situation probably won't impact her much. I'm guessing most of her friends and acquaintances are like-minded.

She could have said nearly anything else to him in that moment and nothing would have come of it.

She was definitely wrong and should be punished but a lifetime ban from all events is just pandering to the pc police. Guaranteed if the situation were reversed and she had been called a derogatory racial name nothing would come of this. I also find it sad and somewhat ironic that some people view the weight of a derogatory word more by who says it than the word itself. That’s just flat out ignorant. As long as one side is always the victim and gets to pick the rules for offensiveness there’s no hope of things truly getting better.
I'm saying if they ban one guy, they have to keep it consistent. Otherwise.....lawsuits are coming.

Heckle and video opposing fans after their team lost a rivalry game and I’d guess your lucky if the worst you experience is being called a derogatory name. Doesn’t excuse the lady’s poor behavior, but showing some class in victory is just as needed as showing class in defeat.

Heckling is part of sports. The UT fan said nothing extreme or derogatory. She rolled that N word (with the hard “er”) off her tongue effortlessly, which tells me she says it often. There is no excusing it - don’t care that she was heckled, don’t care that she had brain cancer.

That all makes sense. I have a question though. What is your opinion on the second hand public outrage that so often happens when people say things like she said. Do you find any of the reactions disingenuous or overly crafted? Does it ever seem to you that some look to capitalize on these sorts of issues for their own profit? Also to clarify I'm strictly referring to the second hand reactions. I have an entirely different opinion on addressing the issue in person the instant that it occurs.
You are some people are outraged just to be that outraged about something. If you say this word all the time and get called it and now appalled. You are no better then the people who use it to hurt and degrade others. Do I think ever white person that uses the word is a Racist the answer is no. I have had a friend of another race call me it during an argument a few years back. I was hurt but the big thing was understanding he has never been in my shoes or heard my parents tell me how they where treated when they where growing up. So I was mad and it took me a minute to speak to him about it. But instead of dismissing him as a person I took on my to tell him about how my family was affected and we moved on.

He was doing normal fan stuff after a win. “Where are you going? Haha” is pretty tame. She showed her true colors and it probably wasn’t the first time ever.

VN Store

Back