With Ramil off the board, OL targets going forward

Did Ramil chose Michigan State over us? Seems unusual. The NIL may really be leveling the playing field.
I honestly think NIL and playing with Nico is the only thing that’s drawing interest for us at OL right now. It’s hard to beat out the teams we’re recruiting against with our recent history. We have to start winning big games and we have to adjust our system into something elite OL want to play in. It’s hard playing 1000 snaps over 12 games as a 300-330 pound OL in the SEC. There’s a reason up tempo offenses like ours have had smaller more athletic linemen rather than the guys we’re recruiting and why until Kiffin it was never ran in the SEC. Sure our offense put up a lot of points last year, but eventually the gimmicks of not subbing so the defense can’t sub is going to have to change some so we can keep our own guys fresh and healthy. I’m sure every OL coach in America is using that pitch against us

I honestly think NIL and playing with Nico is the only thing that’s drawing interest for us at OL right now. It’s hard to beat out the teams we’re recruiting against with our recent history. We have to start winning big games and we have to adjust our system into something elite OL want to play in. It’s hard playing 1000 snaps over 12 games as a 300-330 pound OL in the SEC. There’s a reason up tempo offenses like ours have had smaller more athletic linemen rather than the guys we’re recruiting and why until Kiffin it was never ran in the SEC. Sure our offense put up a lot of points last year, but eventually the gimmicks of not subbing so the defense can’t sub is going to have to change some so we can keep our own guys fresh and healthy. I’m sure every OL coach in America is using that pitch against us

Yeah we’re really grinding them into the ground with the 13.5 minutes of total possession we had in the KY game. Or the 19 minutes we had to Bamas 40+. You may want to try again.

11-2, finished #9 in country. Unusual for many years, maybe not that unusual for 2022.
MSU has been pretty decent the last decade plus. They’ve beaten Michigan 10 of the last 13 years and finished in the Top 25 six times, including three times in the Top 10. I hope UT has similar success over the next decade plus.

the season will play out

hopefully TN Football overachieves

more names will surface and maybe some previous targets will reconsider

Go Vols !!

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Yeah we’re really grinding them into the ground with the 13.5 minutes of total possession we had in the KY game. Or the 19 minutes we had to Bamas 40+. You may want to try again.
You found 2 outliers in games where our defense couldn’t get off the field. That’s not the blueprint this staff wants to take going forward. We had 953 offensive snaps in 13 games last year. That number is likely to increase to close to 1100 if our defense improves and can get off the field. Of course if we’re up big going into the 4th the starters will get pulled, but OL playing 80 snaps per game isn’t an easy task in the SEC. Especially knowing there could be games where they play every down because we don’t like to sub players in and out mid drive

Hate losing the kid but in the era of the transfer portal I'm not worried. We have two wells to drink from.

You found 2 outliers in games where our defense couldn’t get off the field. That’s not the blueprint this staff wants to take going forward. We had 953 offensive snaps in 13 games last year. That number is likely to increase to close to 1100 if our defense improves and can get off the field. Of course if we’re up big going into the 4th the starters will get pulled, but OL playing 80 snaps per game isn’t an easy task in the SEC. Especially knowing there could be games where they play every down because we don’t like to sub players in and out mid drive

Ok. We had 7 minutes fewer possession than Bowling Green, 11 minutes fewer than S Carolina, 11 minutes fewer than Florida and 9 minutes fewer than Ole Miss. There’s 6 outliers out of the 6 games I checked. Want me to keep going…..? Here’s a hint, this isn’t going well for you.

Edit: I checked two more for you. We had 5 fewer minutes than UGA and SEVENTEEN fewer than Vandy. I’m 8-8 and this REALLY isn’t going well for you.

Reactions: imavolfan1970
Ok. We had 7 minutes fewer possession than Bowling Green, 11 minutes fewer than S Carolina, 11 minutes fewer than Florida and 9 minutes fewer than Ole Miss. There’s 6 outliers out of the 6 games I checked. Want me to keep going…..? Here’s a hint, this isn’t going well for you.

Edit: I checked two more for you. We had 5 fewer minutes than UGA and SEVENTEEN fewer than Vandy. I’m 8-8 and this REALLY isn’t going well for you.

Double edit: Outpossesed by South Alabama by an even 14 minutes and Pitt by 13 minutes. That’s 10 outliers. We had 3 more minutes of possession than Mizzou and I can’t remember who our 12th game was,and I’m too lazy to look.

Losing Wright, Carvin, and Crawford after this year (along with Hooker) could lead to a step back in 2023. Not sure why we've been unable to close on so many of these OL, but we're likely going to need some help in the transfer portal for next year.
Welcome to college football.

VN Store

Back