With Hooker out this means......

Bama and Georgia are almost sure losses.
SAlabama and Vandy are almost sure wins.
UK is a tossup.

You guys are hilarious. KY clearly has a good football team this year but you just refuse to see it or acknowledge it. Calling that game a toss up this year is a refusal to admit where both of these prograns currently are.

Heupel has shown us that he will not divulge anything until kickoff.
He gives no actual FACTUAL injury information.
Thats his right, of course.
However frustrating that might be to fans especially those that gamble on games.
Im going with Ala**** 56 Vols 0 assuming Milton starts

Our rapidly diminishing depth is the elephant in the room. Vandy came pretty close to being 3-3. I’d be more worried about slipping up vs them than I am about beating Alabama, Georgia or even Kentucky.

6-6 with 2 close losses to ranked teams is nothing to be disappointed about.

You guys are hilarious. KY clearly has a good football team this year but you just refuse to see it or acknowledge it. Calling that game a toss up this year is a refusal to admit where both of these prograns currently are.
Agreed for this year, but Kentucky is in a once in a lifetime high right now. Tennessee is down, but this coaching staff has them trending the right way to go back to how it should be.

Reactions: Wireless1
I wish they would put Bailey in and hold Evans out to heal for the bye week. I am hoping Hooker is back for Kentucky. If not give Bailey his chance. My guess is they play Milton next week. Hopefully he tries a little harder than he did at the end of the game.

I know Joe Milton is unpredictable....and that run out of bounds at the end of the game was the bonehead decision of the year in college football.

But....the play before.... it was catchable for a game-winning TD.

Milton can run the offense effectively, especially vs weaker teams like South Alabama and Vandy. But his inconsistencies won't get it done vs Bama, UGAm, or UK.

I, too, would rather see Bailey get a fair shake. Maybe like Hooker, he will look better in real game action. I know he didn't look so hot vs Tech, but coming in cold isn't easy no matter the opponent. Either way, you gotta figure he will see significantly more reps in practice and Milton hasn't been the picture of health either. So pretty decent chance he will be called upon at some point the rest of the way.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
I read a comment earlier that won the internet...it was something to do with Milton and throwing or lack thereof...does anyone remember what the comment was?

I think he just kinda froze because he was surrounded by like 4 or 5 guys. Like there was no where to go. Maybe he just couldn't figure out what to do?

It was bad, but idk it was kinda a hopeless spot. Dudes in front, beside and behind him. Still you plow forward...

Too bad he wasn't Vince Young in that moment.

I mean….he couldn’t figure out that the only play was to throw it in the endzone? It was literally the only chance. He wasn’t going to scramble in and it was for sure the last play of the game.

I certainly don’t put the L on him but that was a horrible lack of awareness.

Kentucky may not average 40 points a game, but why is this considered a game “we should win?” They beat Fla (which seems be impossible for UT), and pounded an LSU team that also beat Fla. And although the outcome wasn’t in doubt, they lost by 17 to Georgia without 2 of their best DTs.

Kentucky is this close to wrapping up a major bowl game for the first time in our lifetimes. They will not overlook us like 3 years ago. Their front 7 will destroy our OL. We play them after Alabama so who knows how many other guys will be hurt.

The Vols are better than a month ago. But so is Kentucky. We CAN beat tnem, but I would stop well short of saying we SHOULD beat them.
There is a very realistic scenario in which they finish the season 11-1 and a good argument for the CFP playoff

I know one thing. If he is out and they trot Joe Milton out there i am going to lose it...
Why would you toss Bailey into the bama game with 2/3 of the OL out of commission? Kid doesn't deserve that. Let him come out vs UK when he's had some practice time and the OL is healthier. Nope, if I start anyone, it's Milton. Nope, my sacrificial lamb vs Bama is Milton. Anyone not 100% gets this week off, too.

Umm we beat UK on their best years and our worst. 2018 UK ranked 12 we had a losing record and took them to the woodshed 24-7. They are never as good as advertised in FB.

Reactions: preacherwebb

certainly not a toss up, more like KY is our best bet for an upset between the big three, AL, GA, KY

Yes, our season is now ALL about the UK game. The other 4 should not be in doubt.
I say for Bama we basically play our second and third teamers.
Rest any first teamers or those with injuries.
plus they then get the bye week to prepare for UK.

To a lesser extent that is what Florida did with UT and UK. Florida sat out two or three players that could have played against UT to make sure they were healthy for UK.

Got news for you, we ain't beating UK unless Hooker is playing. Gonna be a tall task even with him with all the other injuries we're still dealing with.
Hopefully it's not that big of an injury and he sits this week and next to heal. I hopes he's healthy after the bye week. I am curious to see how this staff prepares for a team during the bye week.

Reactions: BigOrangeFanatic
Why would you toss Bailey into the bama game with 2/3 of the OL out of commission? Kid doesn't deserve that. Let him come out vs UK when he's had some practice time and the OL is healthier. Nope, if I start anyone, it's Milton. Nope, my sacrificial lamb vs Bama is Milton. Anyone not 100% gets this week off, too.
Who are you going to play WHEN Milton goes down???

VN Store

Back