With all the Reverend Wright crap clogging up the airwaves

OBAMA'S DIMESTORE 'MEIN KAMPF' - Yahoo! News

When his mother expresses concern about Obama's high school friend being busted for drugs, Obama says he patted his mother's hand and told her not to worry.

This, too, prompted Obama to share with his readers a life lesson on how to handle white people: "It was usually an effective tactic, another one of those tricks I had learned: People were satisfied so long as you were courteous and smiled and made no sudden moves. They were more than satisfied, they were relieved -- such a pleasant surprise to find a well-mannered young black man who didn't seem angry all the time."

First of all, I note that this technique seems to be the basis of Obama's entire presidential campaign. But moreover -- he was talking about his own mother! As Obama says: "Any distinction between good and bad whites held negligible meaning." Say, do you think a white person who said that about blacks would be a leading presidential candidate?

I think if you read my posts on this topic I've acknowledged that is guilt by association and I've also not had a big problem with the Wright/Obama connection (I'm not judging Obama by his connection to Wright).

I was merely pointing out why the story is getting so much attention relative to the McCain/Hagee story. I'm addressing the phenomena; not stating my personal feelings on the matter.

Misunderstanding - I sent you the link to that piece b/c I thought you'd agree with it. I should've been more clear about that.

JZ, I don't understand either of your last two posts. But from what I can decipher, at worst they're completely irrelevant.

What's becoming clear to me is that those who are overly concerned with his relationship to Rev. Wright never were going to vote for the man anyway. I'd have more respect if anti-Obama voters stuck to more substantive reasons they don't like the man - his stances, his actions, his votes, to name a few.

JZ, I don't understand either of your last two posts. But from what I can decipher, at worst they're completely irrelevant.

What's becoming clear to me is that those who are overly concerned with his relationship to Rev. Wright never were going to vote for the man anyway. I'd have more respect if anti-Obama voters stuck to more substantive reasons they don't like the man - his stances, his actions, his votes, to name a few.

And it's clear to me people will continue to make excuses for a man who has duped you into believing the garbage that comes out of his mouth.

I have no respect for anyone that supports Obama, period.

And it's clear to me people will continue to make excuses for a man or woman who has duped you into believing the garbage that comes out of their mouth.

I have no respect for anyone that supports Obama, Clinton or McCain period.

Fixed your post.

All things being equal, no one can own up to the pressure thats placed on running for president.

OBAMA'S DIMESTORE 'MEIN KAMPF' - Yahoo! News

When his mother expresses concern about Obama's high school friend being busted for drugs, Obama says he patted his mother's hand and told her not to worry.

This, too, prompted Obama to share with his readers a life lesson on how to handle white people: "It was usually an effective tactic, another one of those tricks I had learned: People were satisfied so long as you were courteous and smiled and made no sudden moves. They were more than satisfied, they were relieved -- such a pleasant surprise to find a well-mannered young black man who didn't seem angry all the time."

First of all, I note that this technique seems to be the basis of Obama's entire presidential campaign. But moreover -- he was talking about his own mother! As Obama says: "Any distinction between good and bad whites held negligible meaning." Say, do you think a white person who said that about blacks would be a leading presidential candidate?

Ann Coulter is an idiot.

I do not care for her either but she is better than the likes of Al Franken which would be her counterparts to the left.

Nothing against you, but I don't see the purpose in immediately naming someone similar on the other side everytime someone calls a conservative pundit an idiot.

That being said, you are right about Franken being an idiot, but I wouldn't call her better. They are on pretty even footing when it comes to intelligence.

Nothing against you, but I don't see the purpose in immediately naming someone similar on the other side everytime someone calls a conservative pundit an idiot.

That being said, you are right about Franken being an idiot, but I wouldn't call her better. They are on pretty even footing when it comes to intelligence.

Fair enough. And on second thought you are probably correct about them being on equal footing. I guess my point is that extreme liberals and conservatives on each side actually balance and cancel each other out.
What scares me is I would hope that Coulter would never think that running for office was a good idea. I am afraid for this country that Franken thinks it a good idea.​

I question some of your accusation here. While I am sure they have helped to keep the fire going...they can't make Wright stand up at the NPC and look like a total idiot. He did that on his own.

I think the government may have failed him , same as they failed Japan , Vietnam , or the U.S..:)

what?

again, you place too much faith in the government providing an identity for you.

This was a joke refering back to what wright had said about the US government failing every one and several countries in one of his speeches . Dont take everything I say so seriously mg . I joke more than I'm serious especially in politics .You guys are pretty comical the way yall wait on someone to say something that you dont agree with just so you can try to drive your point home with your superior intellegence . It's really fun to throw stuff out just to see who bites , dont you think. Lighten up man >:p

VN Store

Back