Windy's football discussion thread.

someone also needs to be discussing addition by subtraction. Vandy, for instance, does not belong in the SEC any more. Most P5 conferences have a school or two that should be G5. If it's all going to be about generating great match ups that will get views and generate clicks, the hind teat schools need to be jettisoned. Those schools can join up with what's left of the Big12 and maybe a few others and position themselves as a top six conference with an automatic bid to the expanded playoff.
They win in baseball though but might be a better fit in the BIG 10 because of academics

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
They win in baseball though but might be a better fit in the BIG 10 because of academics
We have to remember that baseball is a money loser at over 90% of schools that field a team. I'm gonna guess that it's not a consistent revenue sport anywhere in the SEC outside of Starkville, and that's only because there's nothing else to do in Starkville. Also, the CWS format lends itself to situations where a team like Rice or Coastal Carolina can win the championship, or a Cal State Fullerton can have a dynasty run. I just don't think "baseball school" should be enough to keep 'em in.

I just don't think "baseball school" should be enough to keep 'em in.
200.gif

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
I don't pay attention to Media Days but saw our new coach on the Losers list from a Winners/Losers article. Was he that big of a dud at the podium?

THE NEW SEC

OG Division
Ala****
Auburn
Florida
Georgia
Kentucky
LSU
Mississippi State
Ole Miss
Tennessee
Vandy

New Age Division
Arkansas
Clemson
Florida State
Missouri
Michigan
Ohio State
Oklahoma
South Carolina
Texas
Texas A&M

So who we gonna pull for to win the west if that's where they put Tex and ou?!

VN Store

Back