Willis wanted to be a Vol and Got snubbed.

Just goes to show that the stars don't mean nearly as much as the heart.

Willis was a beast. Hate that we screwed up so badly. I want people here who really want to be here.

I believe this kind of thing will not happen with Coach Jones.

Patrick Willis would have been a true VFL!

Reactions: 6 people
More like Fulmer's fault. That said it might have turned out for the best. No way for sure to say he would have turned out the same player if he came here.

Reactions: 1 person
It's good to see he didn't give up because of the snub and went on to be successful. Good for him.

I cant believe Kiffin and Dooley messed this up, SOB's
Seriously, it hurts this kid got a way. However maybe it was the snub by UT that made him the player he is today.

I'm very proud of Pat and wish him the very best...followed him thru college and now in the NFL...BUT...this happens every day...coaches HAVE to make decisions and every team has a story just like this one....Coaches evaluate and they miss on some....always has happened and always will happen...CBJ will have his share of misses as well...thats why recruiting isnt an exact science....Hope he has a GREAT superbowl...but Ill be pulling for Baltimore and hope Morgan Cox and Michael Oher bring home a superbowl ring!!!!

Well then, Tennessee can claim his NFL success. If he wouldn't have been snubbed, he wouldn't be motivated so he can thank The University of Tennessee.

I'm trying to use "Bammer logic" but that concept is a contradiction in and of itself.

Reactions: 2 people
"“I never forget looking at him and being like he basically said, ‘We’re not really interested, we don’t want you,’” Willis said. “I’ll never forget getting in the car with my foster dad and we’re riding home and I cried. I cried, not because I was sad, but more so because I knew how badly I wanted to be a Tennessee Vol. I knew what type of player I could be.”

Found my motivation for the day.

Fulmer passed on this guy. Fulmer wanted a kid named Daniel Brooks from JCM in Jackson cause he , at the time, was a 5*LB & was rated the #1 LB in the nation. Plus Brooks was the #1 player instate. We all know how that played out don't we? If Willis wanted to be a Vol so bad he could have been a walk-on & proved his worth & made a liar out of Fulmer.

Last edited:
It's a good thing Tennessee has had so much good fortune since then to make up for this

Good read. Really just goes to show how bad Fulmer was dropping the ball in recruiting there towards the end. Smh...

Well...NOW we know who is responsible for the curse!

If only we had given him a shot! <shakes hands to the heavens>

Same old story how many girls do you wish you had asked out and decided against it. Now you look back and go, "Damn she turned out hot, what was I thinking". Its called life.

VN Store

Back