Willie Mack gave Lyles $1,500 for a...

I like the last paragraph where it says that Lyles says that having a third party pay for the ticket and the University reimburse the third party is common place....but he refused to name any other University....except for UT. They might as well have bold faced "TENNESSEE, MAJOR VIOLATION, PAYED FOR PLAYERS...plane ticket."

I like the last paragraph where it says that Lyles says that having a third party pay for the ticket and the University reimburse the third party is common place....but he refused to name any other University....except for UT. They might as well have bold faced "TENNESSEE, MAJOR VIOLATION, PAYED FOR PLAYERS...plane ticket."

Wouldn't surprise me if the reason he isn't naming other schools just yet is because Yahoo! Sports/Rivals is paying him on a per dirt basis to drive "news reports."

Wouldn't shock me at all to see one of those "other universities" named in a few months, with "Yahoo! Sports has found" in the header.

Dont think that this is going to be a big deal for us but seriously how much is it going to take for Kiffy to get booted from NCAA

Last edited:
Dont think that this is going to be a big deal for us but seriously how much is it going to take for Kiffy to get booted from NCAA

After seeing their game on Saturday, I think our last coach is gonna take care of that himself. I don't think Monte is gonna be able to keep getting him jobs. They made a big "media splash" at TN and, fortunately for us, USuCk thought they were missing out on something and hired him. Yes, we were upset at the time. But don't you feel so much better about it now than you did that night? I know I do. We seem to have found a coach that wants us to be Tennessee, not USC east. He also appears to want to do it the right way.

Reactions: 5 people
Whatever undercover dirty stuff that they’re doing, I’m pretty sure that Willie Lyles is not the only person. He’s just the only one that’s been caught. This is something that they’ve been doing forever.”
NCAA has enough crap on their door step...nothing to retry UT. End story. name 5 teams off the top of your head awaiting penalties. i will wait.:)

It's time to abolish the ncaa and start paying players on a level commensurate with their contribution to one of the greatest money-making industries in America - college sports. If everyone's getting paid, then there'll be no more controversy over only a select few getting money or extra benefits.

Kiffin: The gift that keeps on giving.

If the 'AA tacks on a repeat offender then that will be some colossal horsesh*t. Scum like Lyles is what is wrong with college sports.

Just hope the Bray and Palardy recruitments (two early commits in the Kiffin regime) don't have some skeletons in the closet.

Article is a sensationalized piece of garbage.

They kinda lost me at "repeat offender. . . after Bruce Pearl." Considering that Bruce Pearl didn't go under investigation until 2010 and this happened in 2009. . .

Doesn't the article seem to indicate that Lyles had informed the NCAA of the issue before sanctions were handed down?

Edit: Actually says Lyles talked to the NCAA a week after the sanctions were handed down.

Last edited:
I am seeing a lot of UT beat writers saying we're under investigation again though. So the article isn't all crap. The repeat violation stuff is crap, but I'm really sick of the NCAA snooping around.

if all of this was live when he tried to leave I bet the riots wouldn't have been so mattress-burning and a little more car bashing

Thank God that Ohio St, Miami, UNC, and potentially Oregon, Auburn, and LSU are in a world of **** right now. If we were the only ones getting in trouble recently, then we would have been under the hammer. Luckily there are many teams doing much worse stuff than we did, or at least stuff that's public knowledge.

VN Store

Back