Will We See a Jennings Effect?

When healthy during games you could see him arrive, never late.
He stood six foot three and weighed two hundred eight
He had a well-built torso and was sort of narrow at the hip
Now, sure opposing players could give him trashing talking lip
But it would But it's cost them later as the game went on

Big Juan, Big Juan
Big Bad Juan

He didn’t bark, nonetheless, they called him ‘Dog.’ I’ll tell you why later.
He liked scoring but liked knocking players on their asses better.
He liked bulldozing, ground-pounding, and pile driving foes.
For the sake of seeing blood spurting from their nose.

Somebody said he came here from Murfreesboro.
Got in a fight with a man over a rabbit meat burrito.
He hit the fellow hard with his stone-like hand.
The guy didn’t die but still lives believing he’s Peter Pan

Big Juan, Big Juan
Big Bad Juan

Then came the day his beaten-up team lost all hope.
He told his guys, “Stand up. These menstrual muppets are a joke.
Exhausted teammates panted thought the game was as good as done.
And everybody thought time was against them, except Juan.

Down the sidelines running like a bat out of hell. Six points.
Over the middle catch, bulling 60 yards more, his team knew this version well. Six points again.
Grabbed a deflected pass, got hit hard, gave out a pained groan
Without any blocking but lots of opponent knocking, he struggled home. Six points more.

Big Juan, Big Juan
Big Bad Juan

Now I know these words are long and lame.
But it’s how Juan will help his team win games.

Big Juan, Big Juan
Big Bad Juan
Somewhere William Shakespeare and Jimmy Dean are smiling over sausage, gravy & biscuit.

Last edited:
Reactions: WoodsmanVol
Pardon the comparison, but he’s our Hines Ward. For a small amount of players having a position like WR beside his name doesn’t do him justice. This sounds corny, but he’s not a wideout, Jennings is straight up football player. If he played on the defensive side of the ball he probably would lead the league in personal foul penalties and ejections, probably a good thing he plays offense.

Reactions: bigorange and 37L1
The cursing was definitely unnecessary, but the sentiment was spot on. The coaching staff, specifically Butch, were snakes and Vandy sucks. Both true.

I don't disagree with you about the cursing. I don't judge the guy either as I've cursed at times. It leaves me feeling disgusted later as I feel I'm better than that despite being a hapless sinner. Here's the thing. Humans like the machines we build for one reason or another get overheated. We wear out, grind and clunk as well. And sometimes downright explode. The phrase, "reach a boiling point" is all too true no matter who we are or think we are. It happens to teachers, cops, preachers, all across the social spectrum. All we can really do is keep trying to cage the beast, and pray. And yes, there are times even those efforts just don't work. But if we stop trying, well, crime (which is, in reality, a war against the victim) and wars have shown us that Ole General Tecumseh Sherman was right in his description of what that uncaged beast is. It remains no excuse to indiscriminately spew profanity. Unfortunately, we possess a fuse that sooner or later, under certain conditions, will blow. Whether muted as a whisper or shouted at 140 decibels, it'll blow.

Last edited:
I tried to read it in my best Jimmy Dean voice. But legendary and Jennings just doesn't compute.

Y'all need to get some recruits in here and fast.

Our wide receiver corp sure gets a lot of love for such an under-performing group.
Right!! When they do "turn it on" look what they can do. Just makes the rest of the time look really poor. If they played like that game all the time, it could take pressure off every other phase of the game. They don't have to make a catch every play, just going all out makes a defense pay attention to what they are doing. The halfhearted efforts don't have a defense paying much attention to them.

I think you guys might be pleasantly surprised come season time. We actually have a OC that knows what he is doing.

Yeah, I hope he can figure out what this bunch on the UT offense can do. With the limits they pose, he better know what he's doing.

When healthy during games you could see him arrive, never late.
He stood six foot three and weighed two hundred eight
He had a well-built torso and was sort of narrow at the hip
Now, sure opposing players could give him trashing talking lip
But it would But it's cost them later as the game went on

Big Juan, Big Juan
Big Bad Juan

He didn’t bark, nonetheless, they called him ‘Dog.’ I’ll tell you why later.
He liked scoring but liked knocking players on their asses better.
He liked bulldozing, ground-pounding, and pile driving foes.
For the sake of seeing blood spurting from their nose.

Somebody said he came here from Murfreesboro.
Got in a fight with a man over a rabbit meat burrito.
He hit the fellow hard with his stone-like hand.
The guy didn’t die but still lives believing he’s Peter Pan

Big Juan, Big Juan
Big Bad Juan

Then came the day his beaten-up team lost all hope.
He told his guys, “Stand up. These menstrual muppets are a joke.
Exhausted teammates panted thought the game was as good as done.
And everybody thought time was against them, except Juan.

Down the sidelines running like a bat out of hell. Six points.
Over the middle catch, bulling 60 yards more, his team knew this version well. Six points again.
Grabbed a deflected pass, got hit hard, gave out a pained groan
Without any blocking but lots of opponent knocking, he struggled home. Six points more.

Big Juan, Big Juan
Big Bad Juan

Now I know these words are long and lame.
But it’s how Juan will help his team win games.

Big Juan, Big Juan
Big Bad Juan
Oh Lord 😂

Reactions: Bigun
I don't disagree with you about the cursing. I don't judge the guy either as I've cursed at times. It leaves me feeling disgusted later as I feel I'm better than that despite being a hapless sinner. Here's the thing. Humans like the machines we build for one reason or another get overheated. We wear out, grind and clunk as well. And sometimes downright explode. The phrase, "reach a boiling point" is all too true no matter who we are or think we are. It happens teachers, cops, preachers, all across the social spectrum. All we can really do is keep trying to cage the beast, and pray. And yes, there are times even those efforts just don't work. But if we stop trying, well, crime (which is, in reality, a war against the victim) and wars have shown us that Ole General Tecumseh Sherman was right in his description of what that uncaged beast is. It remains no excuse to indiscriminately spew profanity. Unfortunately, we possess a fuse that sooner or later, under certain conditions, will blow. Whether muted as a whisper or shouted at 140 decibels, it'll blow.
I would say Jajuan's Outburst was very similar to Pruitt showing up at Richt's house and challenging him. They both show a Winner's attitude

Reactions: WoodsmanVol
Anybody with a vid of that JJ block on Richardson would be appreciated to post it here. I did a quick youtube search and nary a one of the J Jennings highlight vids have it. However if you want to get fired up about Vol football, watch JJ;s highlight vids, this kid wants to win for the Vols so much and he's a dog man.

Reactions: Jacksonvol and 37L1
Anybody with a vid of that JJ block on Richardson would be appreciated to post it here. I did a quick youtube search and nary a one of the J Jennings highlight vids have it. However if you want to get fired up about Vol football, watch JJ;s highlight vids, this kid wants to win for the Vols so much and he's a dog man.

1:36 mark

J.J. is bottom of the screen
Video isn’t working for some reason. Just look up JG vs Auburn and you should be able to find it

Last edited:
Reactions: bigorange
I don't disagree with you about the cursing. I don't judge the guy either as I've cursed at times. It leaves me feeling disgusted later as I feel I'm better than that despite being a hapless sinner. Here's the thing. Humans like the machines we build for one reason or another get overheated. We wear out, grind and clunk as well. And sometimes downright explode. The phrase, "reach a boiling point" is all too true no matter who we are or think we are. It happens teachers, cops, preachers, all across the social spectrum. All we can really do is keep trying to cage the beast, and pray. And yes, there are times even those efforts just don't work. But if we stop trying, well, crime (which is, in reality, a war against the victim) and wars have shown us that Ole General Tecumseh Sherman was right in his description of what that uncaged beast is. It remains no excuse to indiscriminately spew profanity. Unfortunately, we possess a fuse that sooner or later, under certain conditions, will blow. Whether muted as a whisper or shouted at 140 decibels, it'll blow.

Every time I read one of your posts full of folksy wisdom I imagine Gary Busey is reading it to me.

Reactions: bigorange

VN Store

Back