Will we get to see the games?

Volfaninfl2

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. – One month from today, the Tennessee women's basketball team will depart for its three-game European Tour, visiting the Netherlands, Belgium and France from Aug. 5-15.
The Lady Vols will stay in Amsterdam from Aug. 6-9, playing a game vs. Den Helder on Aug. 8 at 6 p.m. local time in the naval port of Den Helder.

Hope we can see the 3 European games, want to see how our team looks. 🙂

I have no idea whether the games will be broadcast -- I kinda doubt it it -- but I would imagine that Kellie will want some film to learn from, so someone will be shooting some video. At the very LEAST I would expect to see a few short videos of some of the action posted on the Lady Vol team page and/or on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram accounts.

Everyone associated with the Lady Vols likely understand that folks like us are itching to get even a brief glimpse at the early-EARLY results of the few workout opportunities the team is getting leading up to the tour. None of us expects to see them meshing like they've been together and playing in Kellie's system for a year, but we WILL be able to see things -- very IMPORTANT things -- like body language, consistent hustle and possibly hints at which players might be budding team leaders. We could get a lot to talk about out of just a little bit of game video, couldn't we? :p

I have no idea whether the games will be broadcast -- I kinda doubt it it -- but I would imagine that Kellie will want some film to learn from, so someone will be shooting some video. At the very LEAST I would expect to see a few short videos of some of the action posted on the Lady Vol team page and/or on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram accounts.

Everyone associated with the Lady Vols likely understand that folks like us are itching to get even a brief glimpse at the early-EARLY results of the few workout opportunities the team is getting leading up to the tour. None of us expects to see them meshing like they've been together and playing in Kellie's system for a year, but we WILL be able to see things -- very IMPORTANT things -- like body language, consistent hustle and possibly hints at which players might be budding team leaders. We could get a lot to talk about out of just a little bit of game video, couldn't we? :p
We sure could. I’d like to see post play, and if Lou and Jessie can hit threes, and point guard play, and Rae’s improvement, and Zaay and Rennia, and well, everyone. GO LADY VOLS!

We sure could. I’d like to see post play, and if Lou and Jessie can hit threes, and point guard play, and Rae’s improvement, and Zaay and Rennia, and well, everyone. GO LADY VOLS!

We'll need to keep in mind that the NCAA allows teams only 10 days of practice before going on any kind of tour such as this. That is obviously waaaaaaay too little practice time to expect any major improvements, but still enough to see how the players are responding to a new coach and how they interact with each other. We'll get just a small, small taste of what could come later -- with MUCH more practice.

I guess we should be happy that the Lady Vols at least get the 10 days, which are 10 more days than the programs NOT taking a summer trip will get.

Agree,,,too early for public

the new coach is fortunate that this trip was scheduled this year. ten days and three games are definitely positives , including players getting getting to know each other. all good.
During their stay in Amsterdam, the UT contingent will also take a canal boat tour as well as visit the Anne Frank House, the Van Gogh Museum and the neighborhood and windmills of Zaanse Schans in the nearby town of Zaandam.

The next day, the group heads to the beaches of Normandy for more sightseeing and history lessons of the D-Day Invasion before traveling on to Paris.

Among the excursions the Lady Vols will enjoy during their stay in Paris will be visits to the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, Musee d'Orsay as well as a Seine River cruise.

This is a wonderful trip, and an impressive history lesson!

Reactions: mcannon1
Lady Vols heading out on tour.

This will be a wonderful trip, I've been to all these places. Amsterdam is such a beautiful city with so much to do and see. Belgium has the main square that is amazing to look at. They will be surprised at all the statue of man can pee, in as popular as the Eiffel Tower in France. They should see the real one at the main square. Going to Normandy will be an eye opener. I walked around for a day and wonder why did they send out men into this place. It is well preserved, I brought some sand back off the beach with me and have given some to some WW2 vets, I was there in 2000 they were still a few left then. Then to Paris will be visits to the Eiffel Tower, when they go up it will amazed them how much it moves, they have a restaurant on the first floor, hope they get to eat there. The Louvre is a wonderful museum, you can stand right in front of the Mona Lisa, so much to see there it takes all day to see. The Seine River cruise is wonderful. Oh yes there is some basketball games, hope to win all three and see some videos.

Lady Vols heading out on tour.

This will be a wonderful trip, I've been to all these places. Amsterdam is such a beautiful city with so much to do and see. Belgium has the main square that is amazing to look at. They will be surprised at all the statue of man can pee, in as popular as the Eiffel Tower in France. They should see the real one at the main square. Going to Normandy will be an eye opener. I walked around for a day and wonder why did they send out men into this place. It is well preserved, I brought some sand back off the beach with me and have given some to some WW2 vets, I was there in 2000 they were still a few left then. Then to Paris will be visits to the Eiffel Tower, when they go up it will amazed them how much it moves, they have a restaurant on the first floor, hope they get to eat there. The Louvre is a wonderful museum, you can stand right in front of the Mona Lisa, so much to see there it takes all day to see. The Seine River cruise is wonderful. Oh yes there is some basketball games, hope to win all three and see some videos.

I have been to Rome a long time ago but nothing like what these players are about to be involved in ..... What an opportunity!

I am more interested in our recruiting process and I believe you might have some insight about a few of our recruits. Can you elaborate on any of them that you can say? Such as: is Kamilla a UConn lean ? Could Hayes and Treasure be a potential joint commitment? What happened with the Esmera (spelling) commitment to Miss.st. then to Texas. Was the coach recruiting over her? Did he not know if these other players would comit at the time he offered her? Do you have negative feelings on how Holly left? I wish I could spend about an hour or two listening to you.

Thanks for your consideration for my questions. I know you will have to be discreet! I have watched you for a few years now! I am impressed.

Phil

Reactions: mcannon1
I am predicting a down year for the LVs, at worse, SEC Championship and only getting to the sweet 16...........sorry, but we have to give Kelly time to recruit.
If that's the worst we achieve this year, can't say that I'll be crying in my chocolate milk.

Belgium has the main square that is amazing to look at. They will be surprised at all the statue of man can pee

I know our ladies have been sheltered but still have to believe that at least the sheilas will be aware that males have this capability.

Reactions: gule
Belgium is one of my favorite countries, they are very pro-American and speak very good English (non-British accent)..........food, wine, beer............food, wine, beer...........food, wine, beer, I know there other good stuff :) I can't remember =\

Go Vols!

Belgium is one of my favorite countries, they are very pro-American and speak very good English (non-British accent)..........food, wine, beer............food, wine, beer...........food, wine, beer, I know there other good stuff :) I can't remember =\

Go Vols!

And don't forget the wine and beer. And the hemp.

Reactions: FlyFishnVol
question? how many days or perhaps hours are teams allowed to practice BEFORE going on an overseas summer trip?

Go Vols!

Belgium primary language is French, Dutch & German. I have no idea where u get that from that they speak perfectly great English. Few ppl speaks English depending on the city.. maybe Brussels.

Reactions: Amb3096
Belgium primary language is French, Dutch & German. I have no idea where u get that from that they speak perfectly great English. Few ppl speaks English depending on the city.. maybe Brussels.
The breakdown is as follows:
Flemish (Dutch) about 60%
French about 39%
German about 1%
English is widely taught in schools
(American version, generally without English accents)
Many young adults speak 3+ languages.
For interesting listening, go to YouTube and search for "Voice kids Belgium".
You'll be amazed how many (and how well ) they sing in English.

Reactions: Ladyvol777
French about 39%
German about 1%
This is true, when I was there in 2000, many can speak English there and all across Europe. The lady vols will have a great trip and will learn a lot about history. Especially when they go to Omaha Beach.

French about 39%
German about 1%

I actually went to Secondary school in Belgium be4 we moved to London. I understand ur point,..I speak 8 languages, grew up in 6 countries.. Respectfully!!

VN Store

Back