Will Wade to be subpoenaed in upcoming federal basketball trial

I’m not advocating doing things against the rules, and if you are found to be breaking the agreed upon rules you should face consequences. Does the FBI really need to put people in prison for some of this? Tim Donnaghee? Sure. The Boston College thing with Henry Hill ? Hell yeah. Maybe I don’t know all the specifics in this case, but jail time seems excessive .

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Teams like Kentucky,North Carolina and Duke cheat with impunity and the NCAA looks the other way
To your point I'm still awaiting to her about the punishment where UNC was found by the NCAA to have passed kids with grades, some of whom never even did any work in the classes (recall the JR can't read chants), for decades at that vaunted school of the celebrated upper crust of academia in their minds ACC.

To your point I'm still awaiting to her about the punishment where UNC was found by the NCAA to have passed kids with grades, some of whom never even did any work in the classes (recall the JR can't read chants), for decades at that vaunted school of the celebrated upper crust of academia in their minds ACC.
If it were football the NCAA would nail the hell out of North Carolina,Duke and Kentucky

I’m not advocating doing things against the rules, and if you are found to be breaking the agreed upon rules you should face consequences. Does the FBI really need to put people in prison for some of this? Tim Donnaghee? Sure. The Boston College thing with Henry Hill ? Hell yeah. Maybe I don’t know all the specifics in this case, but jail time seems excessive .
Its a form of trafficking minors. Maybe not of sexual nature. Thats why the sentences arent as long as violent criminals but still affecting young mens lives on a non taxable under table fraud.

They got off on a technicality. Since any student could take those classes, the NCAA determined it wasn't an "improper benefit to student-athletes." In the NCAA's mind, that differentiated it from a tutor changing answers on a test for a basketball player, because that is an impermissible benefit specifically for a student-athlete.

How would you feel if you son had been shopped and sold by people not associated with your family and they profit significantly over it? There is a ton of money that is being made by "handlers", etc and the kid & their family isnt aware whats really going on. Its the basketball version of Albert Means but on a much larger scale and involving millions of dollars.

Of course he’ll get a long show cause. But NCAA should come down hard on LSU. They let this guy continue to coach even though it was clear he was breaking the rules

I think LSU figured everything would eventually come crashing down. Might as well enjoy it for as long as possible.

Reactions: C/O
I think LSU figured everything would eventually come crashing down. Might as well enjoy it for as long as possible.
Classic case of a school deciding that rule-breaking would probably be worth it even if they were caught. LSU does have some good history in basketball, but obviously they aren't a basketball school. Schools are generally winning to push the envelope with their non-golden goose programs because you don't expect much from them anyway, so you can live with it if the NCAA hammer comes down.

Same kind of thing Ole Miss did under Freeze. Stay with your man, especially when he's above your typical pay grade, then when you can find a way to fire him for cause (phone logs), do it. If they didn't cheat they almost certainly would be mediocre anyway, so might as well cheat, win some games, and make the money while you can. Wade is almost certainly going to be fired for cause under his re-done contract.

🧐
EgW6pwNWsAIdeTR

EgW6pwLXkAEPjoE

VN Store

Back