Will this finally settle the Manning - Brady debate?

You're post was funny too, I just used less words.

I do wonder if anyone in this thread actually thinks they are changing others opinion. Like after reading the other 1145 posts, someone read your wall of text and thought "me and my two kids Payton and Peyton always thought Manning was the GOAT, but Hops post changed our mines, Brady is the GOAT an he never deflated no balls either!!!!"

Haha, just joking man. We're all guilty of something here.

"Wall of text?" Seriously... I know most of you guys have short attention spans but I see novels published on this board every day and I've never seen one described as a Wall of Text. And no, he didn't deflate no balls Jethro. Now prove me wrong.

"Wall of text?" Seriously... I know most of you guys have short attention spans but I see novels published on this board every day and I've never seen one described as a Wall of Text. And no, he didn't deflate no balls Jethro. Now prove me wrong.

This very board is where I learned "wall of text". I see it occasionally. Yours wasn't as bad as others.

I know he didn't, he had someone do it for him. He's a crybaby but he ain't stupid.

This very board is where I learned "wall of text". I see it occasionally. Yours wasn't as bad as others.

I know he didn't, he had someone do it for him. He's a crybaby but he ain't stupid.

Thats funny, the league never proved that either, nor was anything leading to some sort of conspiracy found in the equipment manager's texts. Guess you need an upgrade to your antennae too.

tin-foil-hat.jpg

Reactions: lifeisdeep
Thats funny, the league never proved that either, nor was anything leading to some sort of conspiracy found in the equipment manager's texts. Guess you need an upgrade to your antennae too.

View attachment 193308

Yea, Belichick and Brady are genius enough to figure out how to cheat to get to 9 Superbowls and win 6 of'em, but can't figure out how to let a little air out of some footballs without getting caught. Oh wait...

Lol, it was all made up, no trainers got fired and Brady didn't get suspended. Tin foil hat? I ain't the one bro.

Yea, Belichick and Brady are genius enough to figure out how to cheat to get to 9 Superbowls and win 6 of'em, but can't figure out how to let a little air out of some footballs without getting caught. Oh wait...

Lol, it was all made up, no trainers got fired and Brady didn't get suspended. Tin foil hat? I ain't the one bro.

Don't let the fact that the league doesn't have any actual proof of wrongdoing stand in the way of you tinfoil prognostications, do you also run seances on the weekend, that would be fun. Do you think you can summon back Gen. Neyland, maybe we can all do a Hangout. ROTFF

Don't let the fact that the league doesn't have any actual proof of wrongdoing stand in the way of you tinfoil prognostications, do you also run seances on the weekend, that would be fun. Do you think you can summon back Gen. Neyland, maybe we can all do a Hangout. ROTFF

"No actual proof". Haha, OJ approves. Apparently some know how to get rid of or hide evidence better than others.

Anyway, its all in the past now.

"No actual proof". Haha, OJ approves. Apparently some know how to get rid of or hide evidence better than others.

LMAO So they hid the evidence did they? So I guess thats an admission the league has no proof. Thanks for playing, you're not very good at this.

Or apparently it's only a big deal if the Pats do it.

I mean it's not like they only tested 4 of the Colts balls and 3 of them were under inflated as well, and probably all 4 considered the 4th value was found to have been recorded incorrectly. And the 4 Colts balls were tested at the end of the half and spent more time in the warm locker room thus likely meaning they were even more under inflated. And it's not like they re-tested at the end of the game and all of the Pats' balls were properly inflated but the Colts' balls were still under inflated, meaning they continued to "cheat".

Oh wait....that is what happened; because it's in the final report. Yet I guess that's not as cool to believe as running with the Chris Mortensen narrative (that was proven false) that it appears about 99% of the people still harping on this are doing.

I mean it's not like they only tested 4 of the Colts balls and 3 of them were under inflated as well, and probably all 4 considered the 4th value was found to have been recorded incorrectly. And the 4 Colts balls were tested at the end of the half and spent more time in the warm locker room thus likely meaning they were even more under inflated. And it's not like they re-tested at the end of the game and all of the Pats' balls were properly inflated but the Colts' balls were still under inflated, meaning they continued to "cheat".

Oh wait....that is what happened; because it's in the final report. Yet I guess that's not as cool to believe as running with the Chris Mortensen narrative (that was proven false) that it appears about 99% of the people still harping on this are doing.

Oh, its in the final report? That changes everything, it was all just a big misunderstanding. Nothing to see here.

At this point deflate-gate doesn't even matter in the grand scheme of things. Brady's still got his 6 rings, 9 Super Bowl appearances, 4 SB MVP's, 3 league MVP's, 14 Pro Bowls, 5 All Pros, 30-10 playoff record, and is gonna be top 3 in virtually every significant statistical category and probably #1 in several of them before all is said and done. Nobody, not Montana, not Manning, not Elway, not Brees, can put a resume up against that. Some of y'all just ain't gonna like Brady's place in history, but it changes nothing.

See I can’t give Brady any credit when he always had to have a big lead or relied on the kicker to win his super bowls.
The ones he has lost are the ones where he had to go down the field and get the TD for the win. He had no problems when he only had to get into FG range but was never able to take them to the endzone.

That doesn’t even begin to get into all the rule changes and ignoring of known cheating that has taken place throughout his career to allow him to win as much as he has.
If he played 30 years ago I doubt he wins one. I also don’t think he’d have a single title on any other team.

Now I also believe Brady has pushed things too far with his buddies at the NFL by not retiring after they just handed him the 6th ring, )not a single D penalty on the pats til late in the third???) with the story book ending of winning it against the team he beat for the first. I see a VERY ROUGH future for Brady from here out. He will be subject to the same hits and probably worse that every other QB has to deal with and his buddy Roger willbalso turn the refs the other way now to send the message he should’ve retired.
Congratulations! You have officially outdone all the other witless liars in this thread with your assertion that Brady has never been responsible for his wins in the Super Bowl.

I already posted this previously: the most game-winning drives any other QB has in the Super Bowl is two - Eli Manning and Bradshaw.

Brady has six game-winning drives in his six Super Bowl wins.

Until Sunday, the Patriots had never won a Super Bowl by more than eight points, so your assertion that he has relied on big leads is about as inaccurate/dishonest as a person can be.

Reactions: MustafaRasta

Actually a federal judge stated explicitly that the NFL had not provided any proof whatsoever that Brady tampered with the balls, or had anyone else do it. But don't let facts get in the way of your narrative.

Don't you know that minor details like the actual demonstrable, recorded facts of what transpired aren't relevant if it takes away their right to act like junior high kids and slander grown men?

No one ever said HE did...he has people. If you want proof, glue his phone back together.

Actually a federal judge stated explicitly that the NFL had not provided any proof whatsoever that Brady tampered with the balls, or had anyone else do it. But don't let facts get in the way of your narrative.
Federal judge was a T-Mobile loyalist.

Reactions: PhoenixAZVol
He’s the most overhyped athlete of this generation. Yes his team his given him six rings but I’m just not impressed with his body of work and certainly not the degree of difficulty of his contributions. I have tried hard to understand why some people think he’s all that. I’m sorry I just don’t see how standing there throwing three yard passes is that impressive. I’m not sure why pats fans want to claim Brady as the goat while discrediting belichek. If you don’t thing belichek is the one who has had more of an impact after Sunday’s game you are missing something. I hate belichek but he’s the goat.

Reactions: norrislakevol
He’s the most overhyped athlete of this generation. Yes his team his given him six rings but I’m just not impressed with his body of work and certainly not the degree of difficulty of his contributions. I have tried hard to understand why some people think he’s all that. I’m sorry I just don’t see how standing there throwing three yard passes is that impressive. I’m not sure why pats fans want to claim Brady as the goat while discrediting belichek. If you don’t thing belichek is the one who has had more of an impact after Sunday’s game you are missing something. I hate belichek but he’s the goat.

I am generally in the camp that Brady gets more hype and Belichek less than deserved, but did you not see the two passes he made to Gronk on the TD drive. He’s a very good QB.

Last edited:

Yep. Imagine Manning with a REAL defense!!

At this point deflate-gate doesn't even matter in the grand scheme of things. Brady's still got his 6 rings, 9 Super Bowl appearances, 4 SB MVP's, 3 league MVP's, 14 Pro Bowls, 5 All Pros, 30-10 playoff record, and is gonna be top 3 in virtually every significant statistical category and probably #1 in several of them before all is said and done. Nobody, not Montana, not Manning, not Elway, not Brees, can put a resume up against that. Some of y'all just ain't gonna like Brady's place in history, but it changes nothing.

Error: Brady was All-Pro 3 times. In 19 years. Not 5.

Pro-Tip: "All-Pro" means 1st team. Manning was 7 times All-Pro (1st team) in 16 years. There's only 1 All-Pro QB every year.

In 2013, when PM had the best season of any QB in history, setting several unbreakable records, the Denver D was 28th.
And they got blown out 43-8 in the Super Bowl, by the Seattle Seahawks. The same team and #1 defense that Brady mounted a ten-point fourth quarter comeback against in the Super Bowl the following year.

Also, your asinine stat about Manning being 3-1 in AFC championship games against Brady includes two games played in Mile High, which makes every other home field advantage in the league look meaningless. If Brady had played his career there they never would have lost a home game in seventeen years.

Actually, I couldn't care any less than I do about a Justin Beiber song. I was just playing around with Hop, but got bored because I really don't know that much about all of it, just enough to wad some panties. Haha.

Funny how someone earlier said the only ones who cared about any of this were the Manning Homers. Haha.

And they got blown out 43-8 in the Super Bowl, by the Seattle Seahawks. The same team and #1 defense that Brady mounted a ten-point fourth quarter comeback against in the Super Bowl the following year.

Also, your asinine stat about Manning being 3-1 in AFC championship games against Brady includes two games played in Mile High, which makes every other home field advantage in the league look meaningless. If Brady had played his career there they never would have lost a home game in seventeen years.

You've proved by point: PM carried bad Ds almost every year. In 2013, the 28th D got smoked in the SB despite having a QB with the Best season performance in history. Next year, a better Pats D did better, including winning the game after Brady's 2 turnovers late? Next year, when PM was injured, the best D PM ever had shut down both the Pats in the AFC-CG and the Panthers in the SB.

"Asinine"? How do you think PM got the Home Field?

Reactions: KBVol

Okay, I think you now get the credit for the most outlandish response. There is no way playing at a high altitude trumps the noise and disruption caused at other stadiums like at a Seahawks game. But, don't let my opinion influence you. Read this - Mile High comes in at 18 out of 32 - or, to put it another way, the bottom 50% of the stadiums. :rolleyes:

Toughest Stadiums to Play In

Reactions: PhoenixAZVol

VN Store

Back