Will they name the championship trophy after Pat when she retires?

That would be sweet, but what if Geno A. ends up with more NCs? On a side note is the trophy still named the Sears Trophy?

Yes, this is already in the works and, the SEC East trophy will be named after Fulmer.

RNV is my source so write it on the wall with a Sharpie.

That would be sweet, but what if Geno A. ends up with more NCs? On a side note is the trophy still named the Sears Trophy?

Well he has 3 more to go to tie Pat (2 if UConn wins tonight). Plus remember, Pat has not finished coaching. She could win more championships before she retires. Also look at total career wins. With Pat already over 1000 wins, I don't see any other coach surpassing that. By the time she retires, I think she will have put that number so far out of reach that it will be impossible for any other coach to surpass.

Geno is a great coach but Pat is a legend.

Name the national title trophy after PS? Please, that's a bit much. They should name the national DEFENSIVE player of the year trophy after her--that's it.

Or maybe the Auriemma National Championship Trophy is more likely.

If ESPN has any say, yes. It is disgusting to watch any of their networks today when they run tons of features about UConn and the coach who shall remain unnamed. I don't recall half as much time devoted to the back to back championship team that we had last year. I guess you can use ESPN to recruit when they do it for you...

VN Store

Back