Will there be football in 2020?

Must be why Sweeden said f it
Yeah I mean at the very least, Germany first did these antibody tests and discovered that way more people had it than we thought.

Its really obvious when you think about it.

I've heard many accounts about a weird respiratory infection or a nasty flu that was going around in January and February.

How else would it, as we started testing for it, start popping up all over the world?

It had been here!

Reactions: JacketVol
Yeah I mean at the very least, Germany first did these antibody tests and discovered that way more people had it than we thought.

Its really obvious when you think about it.

I've heard many accounts about a weird respiratory infection or a nasty flu that was going around in January and February.

How else would it, as we started testing for it, start popping up all over the world?

It had been here!
Oh gosh be prepared for an onslaught of angry typing from the libtards in this forum who like to bold, cite articles, and use their expansive vocabulary because they have LMS

How are they gonna explain this away?
I work for largest medical facility in US. Corona has been here since late 2019 bur nobody knew what it was. They were all sent home to rest. 100% recovered. Covid is a big joke. U guys think a vaccine will save ya they cant even create a flu vaccine that works. People need to wake up and think for yourself

I work for largest medical facility in US. Corona has been here since late 2019 bur nobody knew what it was. They were all sent home to rest. 100% recovered. Covid is a big joke. U guys think a vaccine will save ya they cant even create a flu vaccine that works. People need to wake up and think for yourself
I one of my best friends has a sister who is a pulmonologist.

In January she was dating some guy who traveled around the world for his work. Even had a layover in China.

Came back home and was sick for like two weeks. She got sick. All her colleagues got sick and they noticed some people coming in who had the same crap they all had. Some bad respiratory flu.

I mean there are 1.3 billion people in China. The Virus is known to have begun its spread in late November.

People travel all over the world everyday. Not exactly sure when flights from China stopped. Maybe in late February or March?

The first confirmed case in the US was January 21st.

I mean its obviously been here.

Communism?

yes, I feel mandatory vaccines are a form of communism. Women won the right to have an abortion based on their belief that “it is their body and the government should not have a right to say what they do with it.”
So why cant I have the right to say what goes in my body? Please explain the difference.

yes, I feel mandatory vaccines are a form of communism. Women won the right to have an abortion based on their belief that “it is their body and the government should not have a right to say what they do with it.”
So why cant I have the right to say what goes in my body? Please explain the difference.

Dude, no way am I going to reply to such a rambling mess of nothingness. omg

was quoted by SDS as saying we will not have fans in the stands this fall. Wow, what a bold statement. Contrary to what he's saying, SEC campuses, with Vandy being the exception, have all said students will be back on campus this fall. I'd say football season is a go with fans in the stands......no doubt in my mind. Somebody needs to reel this guy in..........

He’s a disease EXPERT and Vanderbilt is a Magnolia league school. Instead of reeling this guy in maybe we should, idk, listen to him?

He’s a disease EXPERT and Vanderbilt is a Magnolia league school. Instead of reeling this guy in maybe we should, idk, listen to him?
His response was as closed minded as a VN poster....that's why we don;t need to listen to him. It an opinion only, his lack of desire for further investigation and consideration eliminates him as unbiased.

Last edited:
Reactions: FBtime
And Vanderbilt students were the driving factor for the middle TN infections. A student returned from Italy, felt bad but went on spring break anyway with other students and when they got back refused to shelter, instead went to the open bars in Nashville that also refused to shutter.

Why does her stance on vaccines diminish he intellectual expertise?

Her expertise can only really be judged based upon her contributions to the field. Her only contribution of any note was a paper that was ultimately retracted.

But, even if she were more accomplished, her stance on vaccines would disqualify her as any kind of expert.

Just my opinion, but I think it is very unlikely there will be 2020 season. I would change my opinion, obviously, if a vaccine or effective therapy is discovered in the next several months. But, from what I read, that too is unlikely to happen.

The head of the NCAA has already stated that if colleges don't have students back on campus in the fall, there will be no NCAA sports. Why? I think because the optics would be terrible. In addition to the liability issues. The colleges and the NCAA would essentially be saying its too dangerous to have students on campus, but its OK to expose the athletes. It's possible that most colleges will figure out a way to have students back on campus this fall, but that is not a sure thing by any stretch.

So, let's assume the colleges reopen and have students on campus. Everyone seems to think that most or all of the athletes will gladly commit themselves to a situation where they are being potentially exposed, on a daily basis, to the virus. I am not confident that will happen. Some--maybe even most will, but that is a personal decision for them and their families. Some will opt out.

Assuming you get a critical mass of players who commit to play, there are the logistical and other issues of how you even manage a season. Given the current attitudes toward mitigation, players would have to be constantly tested. If a single player on a team is found positive, pretty much the entire team would have to be quarantined. For 14 days. Any team that the quarantined team had played in the prior few days would presumably have to be quarantined as well. It looks to me like it would be a constant "start, stop, cancel" situation that would be impossible to manage.

I mention the "current attitude toward mitigation" above for a reason. The only way I see the 2020 season not going down the drain (other than a vaccine or effective therapy) is if there is a total sea change on public attitudes toward the virus and what we should do about it. I personally think we have overreacted to the virus and adopted policies out of all proportion to the real health risks presented. But, even a significant minority of people who are risk averse will be enough to keep the policy makers from green lighting a season, given the obvious difficulties and potential liabilities.

Naturally, nobody is going to make this call until they absolutely have to. The economic results of not having a 2020 college football season will be catastrophic for athletic departments. Some smaller schools may have to get rid of sports altogether if this happens.

I would like nothing more than to be wrong about this, but given where we are medically and from a public attitudes standpoint, I just don't see it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dumbledorange
Fauci said today that we will still be homeschooling come Fall semester for all levels of education. No students on campus means no players playing football.

Let the masses storm Washington with torches and pitchforks.

Fauci said today that we will still be homeschooling come Fall semester for all levels of education. No students on campus means no players playing football.

Let the masses storm Washington with torches and pitchforks.

You didn't listen to him clarify at the end. He believes schools will, and should, be in session with students in class.

Reactions: eaglevol

VN Store

Back