Will there be football in 2020?

Here is Trumps statements. You can argue what he meant and what he didn’t mean.

“I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute,” Trump said during Thursday’s coronavirus press briefing. “And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning? Because you see it gets inside the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that.”

“I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute,” Trump said during Thursday’s coronavirus press briefing. “And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning? Because you see it gets inside the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that.”
I’m confused...someone said that he said to inject Lysol? Am I missing that?

I think.... that video has a lot of issues.

I hear her, now I would like to hear from some others, several others. If that is true other doctors would be willing to speak up. Lets here from them. I do have a sense that something is not right just don't trust 1 source or YouTube. I really hate YouTube deciding what I can see.

Reactions: feathersax
Is the risk of contracting the virus, and potentially dying as a result worth a football season ?!
Is driving hundreds of miles to the game risking an auto accident and potentially dying worth a football season? I've been taking that risk for decades.

Unless you're in one of the high risk groups, the odds of dying by a lot of other ways are greater.

He is correct.

There will be no college football this Fall. Sorry.

We're still at the beginning of the pandemic in all likelihood. The South largely missed Round #1, but Round #2 after the virus mutates will hit TN during normal flu season (beginning October or so). It sucks, but real life is on hold.

The NFL might be able to finagle something... having all the players congregate in one location and not leave kind of situation. "Football Island". Could happen.

This sucks for UT. We were going to really have fun this season, I think. 9-3... maybe even better.

If there's a silver lining, hopefully we'll appreciate life even more once this passes.
Ummm the virus has mutated already. But before you poop your pants it’s mutating at manageable and rate

Gene Smith the AD at Ohio St made a comment recently that he didn’t think it made sense to play games without fans in attendance. Of course if it’s either that or not playing at all I’m sure he wouldn’t scrap the season
The OSU campus makes UT look like Dandridge. It's the most densely populated area in pretty much all of Ohio. Franklin County (which is most made up of Columbus) also leads Ohio in COVID cases. Fans flocking to Columbus for games is a major component of the regional economy.

There will be fans in the stands. YouTube Dr. Judy Mikovits and tell me what you think.
Judy Mikovits is an anti-vaccer. I can hardly take her as a credible source when talking about the timeline of developing a cure at all seriously. But go off, I suppose

There is going to be football this fall with fans. It's not the smart thing to do but it is the economically must thing to do. At the end of the day we're going to accept 1 million dead if that's what it takes to open things back up and if no vaccine or effective medical treatment is developed. I'm one who believes that we should listen to the real experts and take all precautions. But there are people who are being devastated economically by this and I understand their overriding prerogative that they have to eat and have a home even if it means they and society must take risks.

Now I have zero patience for the bozos who get on here and say things like it's a conspiracy to control America, or it's no worse than the flu or the death rates are being inflated with absolutely no support for their position except for the you tube video being channeled into their brains through their aluminum foil hats. And it infuriates me that some people actually refuse to take reasonable precautions, such as wearing masks, as some kind of political statement. What gives them the right to purposely endanger another person? (By the way, for you idiots who say your constitutional rights are violated if a business will not let you enter without a mask, you have no idea what constitutional rights are. A private business can do that. It's only when the government takes an improper action that a constitutional violation occurs.)

Can you tell I'm getting cranky over my irregular sleep patterns?

But in the end, there are people out there who are losing everything, their livelihoods and their futures and that is not sustainable. Let's face facts, this administration and Congress have proven incapable of running an effective economic relief program. So throwing $4 trillion at the problem hasn't worked.

That brings us back to football. It's not just having the games, it's having the butts in the seats spending $2-4 million a ballgame on concessions and souvenirs. It's the hotel rooms, condos and cabins for those 7 weekends filled to capacity from Knoxville to Gatlinburg at twice the normal rental rate. It's the restaurants and bars filled to capacity from Friday happy hour through Sunday brunch. It's the groceries, the liquor stores, and the caterers for the tailgating. You take that way and a bunch more businesses are going down the tubes. It's impossible to put a price on a loved one's life, but it is possible to put a price on the lives of individuals in the larger society and we're there.

So we're going to hear our politicians talk about being safe and listening to the experts, but they have no intention of doing that. They need the economy to open back up.

Finally, I can't stop laughing at the talking heads who go on about what happens if a school is located in a state which is still mandating social distancing while other schools in the same conference are playing. You're kidding. There will not be a SEC or Oklahoma or Texas school that's not ready to play football this fall. First off, most of those governors are already saying it's safe to open up when it's really not, outside of the economic necessity. But can you imagine the political lifespan of a southern governor who says his state's universities can't play this fall when another state's teams in the same conference are playing.

So get out your masks and grab your hand sanitizer because we're going to play ball. Personally I'm going out and investing in the mortuary business.

was quoted by SDS as saying we will not have fans in the stands this fall. Wow, what a bold statement. Contrary to what he's saying, SEC campuses, with Vandy being the exception, have all said students will be back on campus this fall. I'd say football season is a go with fans in the stands......no doubt in my mind. Somebody needs to reel this guy in..........
I read the same from the UAB Dr. who is on the White House Advisory committee............not sure of his name.

I expect fans will be in attendance. What that looks like, I have NO idea.

I would imagine, temp will be taken at the gate, all season ticket holders will receive a mask in the mail, everyone else will get a mask at the gate. JMO

**Note** By NO means am I telling people what to do, but there are many studies on "self isolation," what affects it has on the immune system. The key for folks, imo, is to be careful, and practice good hygiene.

Last edited:
In a way, you are making my point. If you can’t have a vaccine to eradicate something that is not as bad then how do you think they will have a vaccine to rid us of this. Poster said he wasn’t going back to Neyland until we had a vaccine. Hence, he is never going back. They will not have a vaccine to rid us of this but it still has killed about .000006 of the entire world’s population
Ok, but my opinion is, this is not fake and there are real people dying.

And in NYC alone, there were 30 poisoning incidents in the 18 hours following his comments. BUT, then he said he was being sarcastic. 50,000 people dead, sounds like a good time for a joke.

I don’t see how anyone could be surprised that he’s undermining everything his top doctors are saying. They look so uncomfortable. The guy clearly has no idea what he’s talking about, and yet there are people who believe him enough to drink/inject disinfectant.

Look, I’m a full red-blooded republican, but at some point you have to put political bias and emotional loyalty aside for some realistic sensibility.

Guys. There is literally 0.00% chance of a college football season this Fall. Why?

(1) Covid-19 isn't miraculously disappearing;
(2) There won't be a vaccine by the Fall;
(3) Crowded stands with fans shoulder-to-shoulder is an impossibility;
(4) Teams playing in empty stadiums also impossible. The legal liability is a non-starter to "force" kids to play.

Adjust your mindset. Find another hobby.

Hopefully, we'll get either a vaccine, herd immunity or viable treatments prior to the '21 season.
Keep being a pompous a$$, the look fits you well

He is correct.

There will be no college football this Fall. Sorry.

We're still at the beginning of the pandemic in all likelihood. The South largely missed Round #1, but Round #2 after the virus mutates will hit TN during normal flu season (beginning October or so). It sucks, but real life is on hold.

The NFL might be able to finagle something... having all the players congregate in one location and not leave kind of situation. "Football Island". Could happen.

This sucks for UT. We were going to really have fun this season, I think. 9-3... maybe even better.

If there's a silver lining, hopefully we'll appreciate life even more once this passes.

Lol. This is a slow mutating virus. Doesn’t mutate anywhere close to as fast as the flu. Hence why a vaccine for this will be much more effective.

Anyways, COVID-19s mortality rate is super low compared to other viruses.

Also, this virus has been in the US since Atleast January and probably sooner then that. Which means it was basically going unnoticed in the US for a period of about 3 months. Get your facts straight.

The shutdown was important at first to ensure hospitals did not get over ran. Which most never even came close to capacity. On top of that if you look at the new study the most infected people were those individuals who were AT HOME SOCIAL DISTANCING. Lol 😂, this crap needs to end period.

Everyone needs to get back to their normal lives. People are going to die. That’s what happens with these kinds of things.

VN Store

Back