Will the Vols make the NIT?

Will the Vols make the NIT?

• Total voters
They may not be totally out of the Dance yet. I think their showing in the SEC tournament will be the deciding factor. I hope so anyway. ARE they out already??

I think we are out. If UT was to win their last 2 games and win in the tourney we could have a shot depending on what other SEC schools do. I am not holding my breath at this point. :shakehead:

After tonight's game with Vandy, I don't think the Vols deserve to go to the NIT, let alone the NCAA tournament. The Vols will be WINLESS on the road this season. Guess that "youth and inexperience" Buzz keeps talking about isn't just hot air after all.

Originally posted by LadyinOrange@Mar 3, 2004 11:23 PM
After tonight's game with Vandy, I don't think the Vols deserve to go to the NIT, let alone the NCAA tournament. The Vols will be WINLESS on the road this season. Guess that "youth and inexperience" Buzz keeps talking about isn't just hot air after all.

It's hard to take. It sounded like we played well enough to win tonight. We just gave up some shots at the end. :bash:

When you first posted the poll, I voted "no". We do have a really young team & hopefully with the addition of Jackie Butler next season we will be able to fill one of the gaps.......we still need a large body to pound the paint though..........Overall, if we did not have the split divisions, we would be ok. Bottom line for the remainder of this year is Buzz has to make sure he has control of the team ~ we keep hearing "the players are getting tired late in the game", well heck, sub them B) . I know we aren't really deep on the bench, but when you have players walking back down the court, that is just not enough effort........... :disappointed: If we do well in the tourney, then we do have a shot @ the NIT as a bubble team; however, the tourney isn't being played in Knoxville :flush:

Originally posted by secrivals@Mar 4, 2004 3:29 AM
& hopefully with the addition of Jackie Butler next season we will be able to fill one of the gaps..

Butler should be a nice addition but we also get Jordan Howell, Andre Patterson and Damien Harris. Hopefully this will be the last year we have to say "just wait til next year".

VN Store

Back