Will The Real Tennessee Vols Please Stand Up?!

All Vol!

Today was outrageously great! I honestly don't remember the last time we played a more complete game.

Was it an anomaly? Will we promptly return to mediocrity next week? Or is this the greatest ressurrection in over 2000 years?

Will the real Tennessee Vols please Stand Up?!

Got a long way to go but we will see what happens.
I have been waiting for this team to step up all year and with their backs against the wall today they stood tall. I hope like heck it can carry over to the rest of the games. GOD I HOPE SO.

I think yesterday's performance bodes well for the Vols in their games against Bama, Vandy, Arky and Miss St. SC will be a little different, probably more of a defensive struggle, and KY will probably be a shootout of sorts.

last year, after the california game, i thought UT really had something going. then they made air force look like SC. air force! and then i had to sit through the arkansas fiasco. i loved this game, but i ain't gonna get my heart broken again.

I agree, unless the real Tennessee Vols were the team that played the first 4 games.

We had two weeks to prepare for georgia. We were fresh, that i think had alot to do with it. As far as the team that showed up yesterday and the one that played the first four games. Well we are probably somewhere in the middle.

fortunately, the remainder of our conf. schedule is looking less formidable every week. Nothing's a gimme, of course, but Bama is really starting to stink it up in 2000 & Saban, and SC looked only a little better than KY. We'll learn all we need to know over the next 2 weeks, imo.

fortunately, the remainder of our conf. schedule is looking less formidable every week. Nothing's a gimme, of course, but Bama is really starting to stink it up in 2000 & Saban, and SC looked only a little better than KY. We'll learn all we need to know over the next 2 weeks, imo.
Yes october will tell the tell.

South carolina will be tough. MSU will probably be tougher than everyone would like. But with a senior qb i like our chances against them. Bama they are looking more beatable all the time.

I don't know how to think about this my self. I watched the whole game with the " Ok ,here is were we bomb out" thought but it didn't happen that way. I was a little surprised in the second half when we just put the game on cruise control and let the defense do it's thing. I was also wondering why we didn't let crompton in the 4th just play.
But, I loved it!!! I loved it!!! Was a very good looking team. My hopes are up a little and they are that we will play like we have something to prove and show as a team and a Volnation. We are going to have people that can't be pleased and I for one have said my fair share of things about the coaches and players. Not anymore. I'm a Vol fan. I have been and will be. Guess I need to learn how to ride the ups and downs waves from here on out. Not every team is going to win every game year in and year out. USC's loss to Stanford shows that. I am glad that LSU are were they are at, if the Vols can't be number one then at least an SEC team is! Nay says keep going with your thoughts, it gives everyone something to debate. But at the end of the season we will all look back and say what we thought about the season. Then we look on to the next and hope that we look like the Vols of old and when another title, but there still is a lot of ball yet to be played and growing to do. Here comes the waves! :hi:

VN Store

Back