Will O-line Gel?

Coach Pruitt's comment on having eight or ten offensive linemen in the rotation gave me pause. He says eight or ten guys are earning playing time, so they will get it. That seems like good news, to have a high level of competition and ability. But what about the cohesiveness of five starters working together and knowing each other?

ā€œI think weā€™ll probably play eight to 10 guys. I really do. I think there are going to be that many guys that deserve to play. I think weā€™re going to need to play that many guys, so weā€™ll keep working them that way. Itā€™s good for competition. Nobodyā€™s going to get complacent. Just go out there and work. Whoever performs the best every day will be with the [first string]. Itā€™s a production-based industry, so we just do it that way. Can be a good thing.ā€
I dunno they may spray or go all natural.

Reactions: MoodyVol
What he is saying is that there are about 3-4 players who haven't separated themselves from the 2-deep yet.

Competition is a good thing. It pushes players to higher levels of performance.

The O-line can't be worse than last year but I'm still pessimistic.

At our best we can get to 9-3 but with our luck my goals for the team are:

1) Make a bowl game (6-6 not some 5-7 crap bowl)

2) Be within two possessions in the four quarter every game.

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
It's always nice to have a few capable OL waiting in the wings, so that one can come in while a starter gets his arse chewed out for missing a block, committing a penalty or otherwise screwing up.

Now look up the definition for ā€˜gelā€™.

20190821_233357.jpg
20190821_233428.jpg20190821_233357.jpg

Calm down buckaroo. We all know what he meant. No one slammed him and its likely no one will. You've been here long enough to know we have all made the same type of error...and most of us got roasted.

Last edited:
Well we really dont even know who the starting 5 are. Thats concerning. Our best OL will not be playing. We still have an undersized guy (Jahmir Johnson). Will Friend has yet to prove he can coach anything. Will the OL finally come together and play like they should? It seems like we have beenasking this same question for at least the past 5 years. And what has the answer been?

Its hard for me to be optimistic about the OL. I fully expect Georgia State to get multiple sacks and stifle our running game. It just seems like we cannot filed an OL unit thats even average. IMO, I think the OL will be slightly better than last year but still a LONG way from being a very good SEC caliber unit.
Just a day of sunshine

FYP the rest was unnecessary and unfair. Guys that medically retired deserve just as much if not more credit than the ones that stuck around. These guys literally were putting their bodies on the line. they didn't quit they were forced to make a life decision and they made the correct one. I dunno, I think every guy that showed up and tried whether they transferred,, retired or "quit" deserve some respect. Its easy for us to put shade on a kid because he transfers or quits the team not knowing how hard that choice is for these kids to make. 99% of the people on these boards passing judgement on these kids has ever had to make choices of the scope these kids have to make daily.

Think about waking up knowing that whether or not you decide to show up to practice or light a blunt can affect millions of people. I mean down to the kickers and long snappers. That's a lot of weight on a kids shoulders. I think it takes more to be able to walk away from that than just stick around for the sake of saving face.

Seems like a long winded way to say you advocate quitting...

I watched them play against Vandy and they looked more like jello
I have to disagree. Jello actually will provide some resistance to initial pressure before folding. That definition is too much for what we saw in the Vandy game.

VN Store

Back