Will not happen today

I don't think anybody expected the hire today, but it is a new age technology wise. I am sure things will move pretty swift usually these type hires get made in 7-10 day timeframe. Sometimes a little sooner. I think we will have a coach sometime this upcoming week, but you never know. GBO!

White knows he must get this hire right. If he does, he’s a legend and if not, he’ll be gone at some point. Don’t rush the vetting. Get it right!

I expect an announcement sometime late this week or next.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
That’s the point. You don’t do it when it is not the top news. I feel this hire is going to shock some people.

Could you be anymore Vague? A blanket statement such as yours could go either way. Either shock in a good way or shaking heads and shocked in a bad way. Way to cover your bases sir! Ignore is a great feature... Thanks Freak!

this is getting ugly ... recon they call Rankin ..the coach at Alcoa here in Blount Co ??

Well if we are to believe White's "no stone unturned" speech, I wouldn't expect an announcement 2 days after he said it. I would think if they are truly taking this "scour the earth" approach then we won't hear anything for a week or two.
I believe it’s been reported when he was interviewed he claimed to already have offensive minded coaches ready to go already. If that’s true then he had his hire before he gave his press conference. And if that’s the case all of this is just for show. I believe he has his guy but waiting a little bit to announce it so it looks like he done a “search” for best coach possible.

Does White really think he will be able to tell team who it is before Media gets it ???? but come to think of it .. probably so cause its gonna come from outta left field .. lucky if we even heard of the guy ..

Announcement will occur after 3pm today, look for a presser down the road.

tumblr_nimk8a4sij1skru9ro1_500.gif

Does White really think he will be able to tell team who it is before Media gets it ???? but come to think of it .. probably so cause its gonna come from outta left field .. lucky if we even heard of the guy ..

I think he can keep it a secret until he tells the team. After that? Pfft good luck.

Relax. Playoffs are going on today, so the NFL is top story. This hire will have the day to itself.
Dusty, no story gets the day to itself. Yesterday was NFL playoffs. Today is prep for impeachment trial (Senator Leahy, not Chief Justice Roberts to preside). Tomorrow it will be riots in Portland turning violent. The day after it will be the death of a beloved old movie star.

And so on.

When managing public and media relations, the common wisdom is, pick a day that works well for you and don't worry about how it fits the rest of the world. The rest of the world will mold itself around your news naturally.

VN Store

Back