Will Neyland be at 50% Capacity like Texas, or higher?

TSSAA decided high school games will be allowed fans the number depends on the schools. Temp checks and masks have to be worn by fans, band, cheerleaders etc

heh

Q. How do you do a temp check at 6' distance?
A. You can't unless you have the arm length of an orangutan.

087011e665ee0c9898ca24bb44b27728.jpg

Reactions: Boca Vol
Then prove its ignorance. You have no evidence that any intervention that is being proposed will even work. It is a FACT that the football teams have considerable numbers of high risk populations, and you are completely and utterly ignorant to the litigious nature of the US legal system today. Additionally, in case you have been playing WoW for the past year, the amateur athlete is actually finding his voice, and will not be pushed around anymore by corporate interests. If they push this thing, yes there will be players die, and yes you will see lawsuits. The smartest thing to do is just call an end to this right now and wait on a vaccine/herd immunity to develop after the virus decimates our country this winter. Anything else is just fat, bloated money men sacrificing amateur kid's lives for their millions.

There are many good things coming from COVID and one of them is that it has highlighted those who have both eyes on their wallets and none on those who they subscript.

If they push this thing, yes there will be players die

It's possible, just as the possibility of players dying exists every single year. However, there is absolutely no reason to believe that engaging in football is going to increase a 20-year-old's already laughably-infinitesimal risk of succumbing to COVID-19.

Then prove its ignorance. You have no evidence that any intervention that is being proposed will even work. It is a FACT that the football teams have considerable numbers of high risk populations, and you are completely and utterly ignorant to the litigious nature of the US legal system today. Additionally, in case you have been playing WoW for the past year, the amateur athlete is actually finding his voice, and will not be pushed around anymore by corporate interests. If they push this thing, yes there will be players die, and yes you will see lawsuits. The smartest thing to do is just call an end to this right now and wait on a vaccine/herd immunity to develop after the virus decimates our country this winter. Anything else is just fat, bloated money men sacrificing amateur kid's lives for their millions.

Actually football teams are comprised of the LEAST vulnerable age group for covid. Under 25. Kids are especially resistant to covid and have higher odds of dying from the flu.

No need for me to prove the ignorance; your post speaks for itself, sweetheart.

Keep in mind, you have been extraordinarily active over the last three years on VN. You've seen so much. So darn much.

Hope you're not outside tending to your half acre of veggies, but instead inside watching one of those 600 movies you have recorded. It's too hot for your kind to be outside, you might melt.

There are many good things coming from COVID and one of them is that it has highlighted those who have both eyes on their wallets and none on those who they subscript.

"there are many good things coming from COVID"...........wow, that explains a lot about you. Don't want to waste those 600 recorded movies, all those MP3's, and that half acre of veggies? "many good things coming from COVID" .......LMAO, yes that explains a lot.............

High School administration will muck up whatever plan is made. I look back to the graduation ceremony last month where the graduates were carefully positioned 8 feet apart for safety while all the parents and relatives were jammed in to the bleachers, far way, for the entire service. Afterward it was total chaos with everyone jamming together in front of the school. My point is the event was ruined by social distancing but in reality there was no real social distancing. They just don't know how to think things through.

Beaurocrats are robots.

Actually football teams are comprised of the LEAST vulnerable age group for covid. Under 25. Kids are especially resistant to covid and have higher odds of dying from the flu.
I think by September or October we will see much better therapeutic drugs which will greatly reduce the death rate of covid. That and the fact every person who tests positive will know very early and the earlier you are diagnosed the better the outcome.

Wait. And. See. A kid or two that play will die of COVID this year- about half every team is obese and 80% are black, which have the highest risk of any group. Watch what happens when they broadcast that kid's funeral to all the non-sports people on CNN. These AD departments are wise in canceling the season, which will happen.

Yup. I’d much rather miss out on one season if it means getting things back closer to “normal” in seasons to come. Try to force it now, and it may change football for the rest of our lives.

I think by September or October we will see much better therapeutic drugs which will greatly reduce the death rate of covid. That and the fact every person who tests positive will know very early and the earlier you are diagnosed the better the outcome.
I hope you’re right!!

Reactions: LAVol1
And what happens when ONE SINGLE player tests positive? Every single kid on both teams would need to be quarantined for 14 days. For those in denial, this virus spreads quickly and easily. A contact sport like football, and it's all over everyone.

Cancel the season. Yes I know I suck for saying it, but it will likely need to be done. Pros can sequester themselves in a couple cities and remain in quarantine, while kids gotta go to class, so we should/could/might have the NFL.

Not in denial. Are you? What are the consequences of a 18-22 year old athlete in excellent health contracting the virus? In almost every case with young healthy individuals, the symptoms are no worse than a mild cold. Denial is believing that everyone is at high risk. That is not the case. Play ball!

Yup. I’d much rather miss out on one season if it means getting things back closer to “normal” in seasons to come. Try to force it now, and it may change football for the rest of our lives.
Nope! We'll have a vaccine by the end of the year and we now have viable treatments available (budesonide, chloroquine, hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin). The death rate is dramatically lower now than it was just a couple of weeks ago because doctors are treating the virus effectively. The numbers support that, but the media is just hyping the increase in cases. I really don't have a problem with that, but I do have a problem with them not pointing out the positives.

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.." - Thomas Jefferson

First off, these kids are rigorously medically screened before they can even play football. Second, these 18-22 year olds are in better shape then the average 18-22 year old even at their weights and size.

They aren’t “high risk” and it is just laughable that you even put that in your statement. These kids workout 24/7 and aren’t considered “obese” 😂.

On top of all this the SEC stated it is up to the kids to play football or not and that either way their scholarships will be honored..... so.... yeah

Your post is very misinformed.

Not a single player on that team is even remotely close to being high risk. Only 190 people between the ages of 15 and 24 have "died" from coronavirus. They are all either people who died and tested positive for covid, or they had serious health issues. And that's out of the millions in that age group who have had it. Yes we are at 4 million cases now, but the CDC thinks we could have anywhere from 6 to 24 times that amount. Which means there are virtually no risks.

They will be more protected from the virus if they play than if they dont. Because there will be an incentive for them to stay away from people. You think those young guys will just steer clear of everybody if they don't play? You think they've been hunkering down and not hanging out with friends and family all this time?

Get real.

It's possible, just as the possibility of players dying exists every single year. However, there is absolutely no reason to believe that engaging in football is going to increase a 20-year-old's already laughably-infinitesimal risk of succumbing to COVID-19.
I agree, there is a much higher probability that a players career will end due to a neck, back or knee injury than contracting Covid and having long term complications. And there is a higher risk that a player will drown or die as a result of a car accident, or even be shot while in his home town (recent causes of death by college athletes) than as a result of Covid. If I was an athlete with a comorbidity or complication would I set out a year....probably.... but the great majority of players should just go play.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
You really should stop placing your ignorance in a trophy case, its getting embarrassing for you. Of the major risk factors from the CDC:

Obesity in people UNDER 60:

Obesity in Patients Younger Than 60 Years Is a Risk Factor for COVID-19 Hospital Admission

African Americans have a SIX FOLD risk of death due to COVID than whites:

The Johns Hopkins University and American Community Survey indicate that to date, of 131 predominantly black counties in the US, the infection rate is 137.5/100 000 and the death rate is 6.3/100 000.5 This infection rate is more than 3-fold higher than that in predominantly white counties. Moreover, this death rate for predominantly black counties is 6-fold higher than in predominantly white counties.

COVID-19, African Americans, and Health Disparities

This virus will kill some of our African American athletes, yet you seem perfectly fine with it as long as you can munch on your bang bang shrimp and chug your Sam Adams at your tailgate or in your living room. Stop being a selfish buffoon. Let us take care of these young men's lives. There is always next season for you to grow your spare tire.
What utter asinine baffoonery.

When did the virus kill Russel Westbrook, Donovan Mitchell, Rudy Gobert and all of the athletes across the nation that have already gotten it?

There's no way, Quavarious Crouch is 6 times more likely to die from it than Brian Maurer. Are you serious? The only real discernable difference in blacks and whites is melanin. I have a fat white friend who got it whose 50 year old parents got it and his dad is obese and they were all fine. My overweight uncle has it and is fine and he's 52. You're gonna tell me its gonna kill some 19 year old football player superhuman athlete and not them. YOU ARE A JOKE.

Ya wanna know why they have gotten it more per capita? BECAUSE THEY DONT SOCIAL DISTANCE. They typically have larger families in general in cities, where often they hang out more. I have first hand knowledge of this. Ya know why? Because I lived in a predominately black neighborhood in VA until June 20th. So I was there for the majority of this pandemic. The people across the street from me literally every day during the whole thing and my neighbors sold weed so they had people comin in and out of there everyday. And I'd go join those festivities myself! I even threw my own festivities with blacks and whites over and everybody had a good time. How many people died? None. There's some anecdotal evidence. Otberwise I remember an old black lady im friends with on Facebook posting upset about how all the black folks were out in her neighborhood carrying on. Ya know what all the guys on the team and other teams have been doing black and white? Hanging out with people!!!!! You can see it on their Instagrams! Ya know what else? THEY WILL DO THAT WHETHER THERE IS FOOTBALL OR NOT AND THEY WONT DIE BECAUSE THEY ARE IN GOOD HEALTH. Furthermore the CDC estimates that there are 24 to 96 million people who have it right now. There is no stopping it. No bloody way unless we take ridiciulously draconian measures. Get off the irrational fear train dude. Get real.

Reactions: bullet20 and FBtime
Kind of surprised that people would want to risk the possibility of contracting Covid and potentially spreading it to their family simply so they could see a damn football game.
What about putting your family in a car and driving several hours to see a damn football game? For most that is a far riskier undertaking.

So you're saying it's better because in this case a family would be taking twice the risk?
No, I'm saying to live is risky and many everyday activities that many people don't think twice about doing are more likely to cause death or serious injury than COVID-19 if you're not in one of the high risk groups.

No, I'm saying to live is risky and many everyday activities that many people don't think twice about doing are more likely to cause death or serious injury than COVID-19 if you're not in one of the high risk groups.

Many of those things are necessary, like driving to work. Or flying on a plane for a business meeting. Taking such a doubled risk to see a football game doesn't seem too wise, especially if such a person is going to then be around people who ARE in the high risk group you referenced.

That said, I hope there is a season and that there are enough.... "risk takers" willing to go to the games in order to make it financially viable for the season to continue. But that's just me being a fan.

Reactions: Devo182

VN Store

Back