Will high and middle school baseball in Tennessee be canceled?

I'm not sure we'll be returning to school this year. TDOE has already cancelled all required assessments for the 19-20 school year. So, I do believe all sports will be cancelled. I hope for the best but I expect the worst as far as sports this spring and summer.

Reactions: sbm362
My son is a high school senior baseball player and I’m praying we haven’t seen his last game. His is committed to play football at Georgetown college but was getting a few baseball offers. I also have a 11 yr old daughter who plays softball but we get to see her for a few more years. These seniors are being robbed of the best times of their life and it stinks. We were all seniors once so keep them in your prayers, it affects more than just the sick. Hope everyone in volnation is well and GBO !!

9th grade son plays varsity and JV soccer in Shelby County. His coaches fully expect all TSSAA Spring season cancellation any day now. While many areas of state might be ready by 4-15, Davidson County wont be and they run the show in this state.

My brother is a coach and school teacher in Nashville, he said he believes the school year is over. No school no sports

Reactions: sbm362
In Virginia they are hoping to start VHSL at the Varsity level only towards the end of May and play through the first part of July. Or they were talking about just having a big tournament, however I don't see a path forward for either. Our Governor closed schools for the year without having a plan in place and now everyone is in freak out mode because essentially we are expected to teach our own children now according to the Virginia Department of Education. I'm afraid even Little League will be cancelled soon, all these rushed decisions without plans in place are irresponsible and cause panic. Our Governor closed all non essential business yesterday without defining whats essential and said those details will be on the website soon. Crazy times

VN Store

Back