Will Florida playing Bama this weekend help us?

It will adversely affect FL but not enough to matter if the Vols still can't hit wide open passes, stay under control with the penalties , or not turn the ball over.

It seems even when Florida has a OK team we always seem to lose. We just need to turn the table on them . I think we can beat them if we attack them . Only time we beat them is when we are able to run on them for a bunch of yards.
Early prediction
Tennessee 30
Florida. 20

Pretty Tough Guy meets Really Tough Guy. Takes a whoopin', but walks away from the fight having learned a few things about himself.

Next week, trouble arises yet again and Pretty Tough Guy squares off with Not So Tough Guy. Filled with resilience and confidence after giving a fair account of himself while facing down Really Tough Guy, he proceeds to beat the daylights out of Not So Tough Guy.

The end.

Bama will not have an effect on Florida unless there's injuries and I don't want that to happen to anyone. This is just another wives tale fans come up with to make them think they have a better chance.

Florida has Bama on the 18th then us on the 25th. Bama has a tendency to break teams. I guess my question assuming they get absolutely beat down by the Tide is that good for us? Or will that just sharpen their team, as great competition has a tendency to do, and make them more dangerous. At the very least they will not have a lot of recovery time before meeting us.
No, if anything it hurts us; you want to catch a team looking ahead to the red elephant.

Maybe the coach for forfeit the game so we don’t have to make the trip.
Nah, we can hope the gators become ill after watching how we play the game of football and lose every other game this year. Tennessee has no chance though.

We will more than likely be facing Emory Jones. That is very good news for the Vols.
Richardson has a hamstring injury and even if minor, you do not get over a hamstring in a few weeks time.
To be honest, he shouldn't be expected to practice with that injury. You have to have complete rest and physical therapy to recover from it.

Reactions: HooahVol
Florida has Bama on the 18th then us on the 25th. Bama has a tendency to break teams. I guess my question assuming they get absolutely beat down by the Tide is that good for us? Or will that just sharpen their team, as great competition has a tendency to do, and make them more dangerous. At the very least they will not have a lot of recovery time before meeting us.
Reasoned post. I hope it helps us one way or another.

Reactions: HooahVol
It doesn’t matter. Florida is better coached like Pitt. We don’t have the dog in us yet.

Assuming Florida leaves the game without injury issues, I think it's a bad thing for Tennessee.

We all believe Alabama will beat Florida. And that means that Florida absolutely, positively has to beat Tennessee.

So, I think the best case scenario for Tennessee would actually be for Florida to do the unthinkable and beat Alabama.

We will more than likely be facing Emory Jones. That is very good news for the Vols.
Richardson has a hamstring injury and even if minor, you do not get over a hamstring in a few weeks time.
To be honest, he shouldn't be expected to practice with that injury. You have to have complete rest and physical therapy to recover from it.
Compound that with the emotional trauma that he will experience from what Alabama does to his team. He may cry so hard for the next few weeks that he wouldn’t be able to get on the field anyway.

Reactions: 1989Vol

VN Store

Back