Will Florida playing Bama this weekend help us?

It will help expose weaknesses at put them their players at a greater chance of injuries/getting banged up.

Don’t get your hopes up. Regardless if they lose to Bama by 30 or beat them by 30 they will still beat us easily. I just wish it was a 11am game so we can get this beatdown out of the way early so we could have the rest of the day freed up. I guess I will drink all day and watch us lose to Florida again at least I will be drunk.

I was wondering if anyone felt happy that Florida finally has to play areally hard game before us for once? It seems for years we almost always have played at least one game that is tougher like Oklahoma or whatever while they play cupcakes in most tune ups. And I remember there is a percentage out there for awhile they showed of teams winning percentges go down the week after they play Bama in the Saban era as his teams take such a toll on you. Anyone believe that this could help us next week at all or it's irrelevant and not going to help us at all? Not saying that it will make us win. But I am more optimistic because I feel Florida will have to empty the bucket this week and we should be getting a tune up against Tennessee Tech. Perhaps they have to mentally and physically limp into our game because Bama takes its toll on them. And maybe just maybe Heupel can work out a package or 2 that Florida hasn't seen meanwhile Mullen will have to unload the gun for Bama defense. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Reactions: HooahVol
Only advantage is that they're likely to get pretty banged up this weekend, while we have a tune up game and can rest some of our starters. If they play Bama close, they could have sort of a mental hangover effect that could help us out.

Either way, I expect we will score some points on Florida. The question will be, can we stop them from scoring?

Reactions: DeepSpringsVol
Only advantage is that they're likely to get pretty banged up this weekend, while we have a tune up game and can rest some of our starters. If they play Bama close, they could have sort of a mental hangover effect that could help us out.

Either way, I expect we will score some points on Florida. The question will be, can we stop them from scoring?

I feel good about our defense to be honest. ESPECIALLY with Byron Young

Pitt was without question “Real Competition”

giphy.gif

Reactions: GulfCoasterVol
Nah, Bama will knock out a QB or RB and the replacement will be vying for the Heisman after they play us. Not sure Milton finishes the Florida game, I can see him getting drilled multiple times.

I’m already ready for Florida week, but I will try to enjoy this week.

As for Florida game, I see a competitive first half but their backup qb will come in a torch us in the second half and they will win by 20+. Sucks but I’m still ready for it!

No,, nothing they could do to each other short or an asteroid striking the field would matter in any way vs 2021 Vols.

If Bama goes in and stomps a mud hole in them……..I mean literally…like a Haynesworth head stomp and half the Florida players have PTSD or concussion cobweb head…….then yea………that could help Tennessee.

The ideal situation would be for Tennessee to play both Florida and Alabama this weekend.

We would rack up penalty yards for too many men on the field, and win by three field goals.

Will Florida playing Bama this weekend help us?

Slightly, but barring injuries to key Gator players - QB's - defensive play callers - that prevent them from playing, I don't think we have enough talent to beat them; especially in the Swamp. I do think Tennessee makes this closer than some may think. The last three years average has been 37-14. I'm expecting something like 37-27, 44-30.

VN Store

Back