Will Curt Maggitt get a Medical Red Shirt?

2nd round? Negative. Not even if 100% healthy, which is laughable in and of itself.

Also, he's not "falling" anywhere. He was never going to be drafted in the early rounds. He's far too slow.

Before the knee injury, he was. I still believe he can make it to the 2nd contract. He was a menace in the backfield last year. If he can get into a 3-4 defense in a role like Clay Matthews used to play for Green Bay, he can be very successful.

Reactions: 2 people
Doubt it. Signed as free agent perhaps. But I doubt a tweener type LB/DE who has been chronically injured in college gets drafted. Love Curt and sure hope he does get drafted. but I just don't think it happens.

I hope he can stay healthy. Prolly be on a one year deal next year somewhere. Good luck to him...

Agree won't get drafted... Maybe a pickup after draft and uphill battle to make a team. Curt had a lot of heart but body just won't hold up.

Doubt it. Signed as free agent perhaps. But I doubt a tweener type LB/DE who has been chronically injured in college gets drafted. Love Curt and sure hope he does get drafted. but I just don't think it happens.

An ACL that he gave extended time to heal and a fluke hip injury, imo, are not enough to deem chronically injured. He played practically 3 full seasons. Their doctors will do their due diligence. I think the way he played after returning from the ACL injury only helps his stock.

Reactions: 1 person
The answer is yes...if your other redshirt was due to medical reasons, you're eligible for a second. I don't think he even applies fwiw.

So, supposing he didn't want to apply for one ... does that make it likely that he might play in the bowl game or maybe even Vandy one also? Or just finish out the year resting and training before pro combines?

So, supposing he didn't want to apply for one ... does that make it likely that he might play in the bowl game or maybe even Vandy one also? Or just finish out the year resting and training before pro combines?

I'd assume that he's not playing anymore. He wouldn't rush back from the ACL and I think he's going to do right by himself here. A girl I used to work with dated him for a year and a half, including most of the time he was on crutches. She said that the ball was completely in his court back then and the prospects of the NFL compared to a reinjury kept him from returning that whole season. He didn't want to risk his future then, so I'd assume he's treating this as a final opportunity.

Reactions: 1 person
I'd assume that he's not playing anymore. He wouldn't rush back from the ACL and I think he's going to do right by himself here. A girl I used to work with dated him for a year and a half, including most of the time he was on crutches. She said that the ball was completely in his court back then and the prospects of the NFL compared to a reinjury kept him from returning that whole season. He didn't want to risk his future then, so I'd assume he's treating this as a final opportunity.

Thank ya. :hi:

I would apply just as a back up plan if he doesn't think he can get drafted if he still wants to play.

Might be more damaging trying to get ready in a tight window. Such a freak injury, you'd have to wonder about any medical opinion that would ok rushing him back.

VN Store

Back