Will Coach Pruitt Get A Raise?

He and the staff held the team together against what could have been an epic collapse. One year extension and a small raise is warranted (<$500k). That is my prediction. The staff is developing players, something we have not had in a while. We should have another good recruiting finish. Fulmer of all people understands how important continuity is to the program. He is smart enough to let Pruitt know he is wanted here.
It will be announced before the bowl game but after the early signing period.

Not sure about getting a raise but I think he gets a bonus for getting to a bowl game. Seems like that is in the contract.

Reactions: tbh
I say pay the man some more. He has earned it with the second half of the year. Up him to like 4.5-4.6 range and add a year. At least show we appreciate what the coaches pulled together this fall. I think they actually created a”team” from the Ga St/BYU debacle. That “team” concept and thinking could be huge going into next year.

If you raise Coach P, then be sure to raise them all. Not a one pony show.....

Reactions: spencer1989
He'll have to be extended or fired after next season.

With how we finished this year and the schedule next year, no way we should be worse than 8-4, that's everyone we should beat and lose the 4 big ones. 9-3 will mean we beat one out of Oklahoma, Florida, Georgia or Bama.

Without listing 15 different possible scenarios, 8-4 or better gets him an extension and raise. What happens with 7-5?

With how we finished this year and the schedule next year, no way we should be worse than 8-4, that's everyone we should beat and lose the 4 big ones. 9-3 will mean we beat one out of Oklahoma, Florida, Georgia or Bama.

Without listing 15 different possible scenarios, 8-4 or better gets him an extension and raise. What happens with 7-5?

I agree 8-4 gets him an extension and a raise, I don't like it but it's what will happen. 7-5 probably doesn't get him fired (unless this class implodes) but it should, Fulmer will extend him with that.

Reactions: Behr
I agree 8-4 gets him an extension and a raise, I don't like it but it's what will happen. 7-5 probably doesn't get him fired (unless this class implodes) but it should, Fulmer will extend him with that.

After looking at the schedule, let's just pray 8-4 is the floor. I don't think I can handle 7-5. I'm really gone hope he surprise some and gets a late field goal against Oklahoma to win by 1, and finds a way to beat Florida at home. I'll buy in 100% on him then. Probably will if he gets any of the 4.

But, I won't fuss with 8-4, especially if we give the others hell and just lose.

Reactions: 12 Monkeys
Don't see how anybody can get by on less than $4million, poor guy, bet he signs up for food stamps.

Its interesting how the money coaches make seem to really bother some people. I mean, its fun to talk about, but some act like it pisses them off.

I find it interesting because I don't remember it happening back before the internet. I don't remember even discussing it back in the day.

No big deal, just a thought.

Reactions: SolidRockGolf
After looking at the schedule, let's just pray 8-4 is the floor. I don't think I can handle 7-5. I'm really gone hope he surprise some and gets a late field goal against Oklahoma to win by 1, and finds a way to beat Florida at home. I'll buy in 100% on him then. Probably will if he gets any of the 4.

But, I won't fuss with 8-4, especially if we give the others hell and just lose.

I can live with 8-4 one more season, I could live with it better if he can stop getting blown out by UG, GA and Bama.

Reactions: Behr
It's no big deal to me, but maybe it is to others. It's my opinion, which is worth about 3 cents these days.
Haha, I was just curious. I think the bonus for going bowling is good, but wait until next year for raise.

But, that said, I don't really care.

Reactions: cardvolfan
Haha, I was just curious. I think the bonus for going bowling is good, but wait until next year for raise.

But, that said, I don't really care.

Raise only I could live with as long as it doesn't increase his buyout. Pruitt is still an unproven commodity.

Reactions: NCFisher
Its interesting how the money coaches make seem to really bother some people. I mean, its fun to talk about, but some act like it pisses them off.

I find it interesting because I don't remember it happening back before the internet. I don't remember even discussing it back in the day.

No big deal, just a thought.

Doesn't piss me off, just throwing a little humor out there. But on another note my VA doctor makes about 3.8 mil less.

I get and understand the idea of not giving him a raise and extension because of the performance the first part of the year. At the same time it is important to balance that with university’s insurance that if someone comes calling for him we are sufficiently compensated for them taking our coach. So, I would not be surprised that a small raise and a 1 year extension is done over the offseason to protect our interest. I think he has proven enough that other schools could come calling. At the same time, when you do this it can put the university in a bind if you have to fire the guy (aka Dooley & Jones). So you want to balance your investment without putting your neck out too far. That is a fine line when the coach is unproven over time, but extremely easy if the coach is proven like Meyers and Saban.

Reactions: KBVol

VN Store

Back