Will AD Danny White be good for both men’s and women’s sports?

teacherdean

Football wise the hiring of AD White and HC Josh Heupel appears to be a good hire for the football program. That is a good thing but I am also concerned about the Lady Vol programs. UCF’s women’s sports programs are really nothing to brag about. They were part of the AAC whose women’s basketball programs, with the exception of UCONN, before they got out, and South Florida, are very much subpar.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
At their level of play the women's basketball team has done very well. In the last three seasons they are 54 and 19 and 30 and 9 in their conference. This years team is 8 and 2 and has a win over SEC LSU. A school like UCF is not going to be able to recruit to the level of an SEC school and especially Tennessee. I think everything Tennessee Lady Vol basketball had in the past they will have now. I think the budget will not change and Kellie will have all the resources she needs to build the program back to the National top level. UCF only lost to UConn by 7 at home and 13 on the road the last season UConn played in their conference. They are the huge favorite to win their conference this season with a 6 and 1 record thus far. Other than UConn they have the best conference record and overall record of any team in their league. Now that UConn is gone they have taken over as the league top team. This year South Florida number 13 is first in the league and they are second but still a lot of games to go and think they have a game with South Florida at home.

At their level of play the women's basketball team has done very well. In the last three seasons they are 54 and 19 and 30 and 9 in their conference. This years team is 8 and 2 and has a win over SEC LSU. A school like UCF is not going to be able to recruit to the level of an SEC school and especially Tennessee. I think everything Tennessee Lady Vol basketball had in the past they will have now. I think the budget will not change and Kellie will have all the resources she needs to build the program back to the National top level. UCF only lost to UConn by 7 at home and 13 on the road the last season UConn played in their conference. They are the huge favorite to win their conference this season with a 6 and 1 record thus far. Other than UConn they have the best conference record and overall record of any team in their league. Now that UConn is gone they have taken over as the league top team. This year South Florida number 13 is first in the league and they are second but still a lot of games to go and think they have a game with South Florida at home.

Softball has built up solidly the last two years since White hired Cindy Malone away from Boise State. They beat UT last year, I believe twice, and are ranked in the preseason top 25 polls and picked to win the AAC. If Karen doesn't take over when Ralph retires, I could see White reaching back into the UCF pool.

Football wise the hiring of AD White and HC Josh Heupel appears to be a good hire for the football program. That is a good thing but I am also concerned about the Lady Vol programs. UCF’s women’s sports programs are really nothing to brag about. They were part of the AAC whose women’s basketball programs, with the exception of UCONN, before they got out, and South Florida, are very much subpar.
Ummm no

VN Store

Back