Wildcat Nation Board -- Worth a Read

kxtop

POST-----Wow, Dane Bradshaw!! I think this is great for us. Although I hate seeing UT winning.
e=6]

The wish list of the "big blue nation"
[/size]

(kxtop @ Feb 22 said:
POST-----Wow, Dane Bradshaw!! I think this is great for us. Although I hate seeing UT winning.
e=6]

The wish list of the "big blue nation"
[/size]

Don't really understand the post, but UT is a big-time program now. All we needed is Bruce Pearl and we are there.

Saw another one

They're a decent match-up for us.

But they are also a very, very good basketball team.

Sometimes the match-ups aren't as consequential as the skill of a team. And the Vols have skill at most every position. They're not the most talented team in the league, but they play together and they execute Pearl's system flawlessly. They're the best offensive team I've seen in the SEC since the 1996 Kentucky Wildcats.

Very impressive win tonight for the Vols. I didn't think they could do it.

Tennessee is about to make Bruce a very, very rich man. Count on it. He's going nowhere.

Hamilton, Thornton, Haslam, et al will make sure of it.

UT IS a bigtime program, that is the most idiotic comment I've read in a LOOOONG time. The "big time" programs he's talking about don't have the Tommy to play in. They've been complaining and whining about TBA being bigger than Rupp for years... they're about to learn WHY it is so.

Can't we just all be happy about tonight without worrying about Pearl going somewhere?

(Orangewhiteblood @ Feb 22 said:
Can't we just all be happy about tonight without worrying about Pearl going somewhere?
who's worried? i'm just waiting for the si issue with the two greatest coaches in history on the front....bruce and pat

(crazyguy @ Feb 22 said:
who's worried? i'm just waiting for the si issue with the two greatest coaches in history on the front....bruce and pat
Looks like UConn and Duke are going to have some competition from a school down in Knoxville for the best overall hoops program in a few more years. :biggrin2:

This is all ridiculous. I'd like to congratulate Tennessee on what has been one of the most unbelievable one-year turnarounds I've seen not only in college basketball, but sports in general.

(milohimself @ Feb 22 said:
This is all ridiculous. I'd like to congratulate Tennessee on what has been one of the most unbelievable one-year turnarounds I've seen not only in college basketball, but sports in general.
Glad you're finally comming around my fine PNW friend.

I think you said it better than anyone... ridiculous is a primo way to describe it... scarily, Pearl seems to have expected it all along!!!

Ridiculous? I couldn't agree more. Gee, I guess Buzz was a great recruiter. :birgits_giggle:

(milohimself @ Feb 23 said:
Well, weren't you guys expecting maybe single-digit wins this season?
The early non-conf seemed cushy enough I was thinking around 10 wins... so yes. What a difference a coach makes!

None of us were expecting to be 20-4 and 11-2 in the SEC with a East title....that's for sure. Add to that the sweeps of SC, UGA, UF and hopefully UK.....no way.

(Orangewhiteblood @ Feb 23 said:
None of us were expecting to be 20-4 and 11-2 in the SEC with a East title....that's for sure. Add to that the sweeps of SC, UGA, UF and hopefully UK.....no way.
Don't forget the possible sweep of the Comode'ores.

Has any team is history went from not making it to the NIT tourney one year, and turning right around the next year as a #3 or better seed in the NCAA tourney?

~*Crystal*~

VN Store

Back