Wichita State's Gregg Marshall in big trouble

Well, we know why there was a revolving door now for players and assistants.

Among the allegations Stadium uncovered:
  • Marshall punched Morris in the head during a practice in October of 2015. “I love my teammates, the city and Wichita State,” said Morris, who played at Wichita State from 2014-18. “But if I could go back to that day when he punched me, I would have left.”
  • Marshall choked Lindsted, then a Shockers assistant coach, at a practice during the 2016-17 season, sources said. Lindsted, now an assistant at Minnesota, declined comment.
  • Marshall taunted junior forward Isaiah Poor Bear-Chandler, who is of Native American descent, “to get back on his horse” and made “Indian howling noises” while in practice during the 2018-19 season.
  • Marshall body-shamed a former player by lifting his shirt up during a practice in the 2015-16 season, grabbing the player’s stomach and then mocking the player’s girth.
Of the 36 players and coaches Stadium interviewed, only Morris and former Wichita State guard Ty Taylor agreed to be identified for this report. The remaining individuals, who corroborated the allegations against Marshall, said they feared retribution and possible community backlash because of Marshall’s support and power in Wichita.

Sources: Wichita State’s Gregg Marshall Punched Player, Choked Assistant - Stadium
$7.7 million. I need that kind of trouble.

Reactions: BUBear
The coaches i played football for thru HS never beat anybody. Punishment was severe...and running and crawling up and down the Hill until nearly all of us were throwing up in September 90 degree practices was our normal...but there is no excuse for beating on a player.

I had good coaches and bad. For the good coaches, who knew their stuff and easily earned our respect....I would have done nearly anything for them. Play through concussions and injuries, hide both when possible to stay on the field. Real coaches do not need to hit anyone...players will do any and everything to make them proud.

Marshall is a coward that beats on kids. No better than a wife beater, and just 1 rung above child molester In my book.
Have you seen some of the UT football teams lately? I’m not sure beating aren’t warranted. As long as we can start with the coaches.

Within 365 days dude will be coaching somewhere else and probably a better job to boot.

VN Store

Back