Hugh Freeze mega thread and poll [merged]

Do you want Tennessee to hire Hugh Freeze?

• Yes

Votes: 1,219 77.4%
  • No

Votes: 360 22.9%

• Total voters
I don’t know if he would be or not....but here are some reasons he might.

10-3
7-6
8-5
9-4
10-3
5-7
8-5
8-0

The year before at Ark ST they were 4-8 - His first year they went 10-3

The year before at Mississippi they were 2-10 - his first year they were 7-6

The year before at Liberty they were 6-6 - his first year they went 8-5

He improved teams from the get go.
His teams have beaten: Bama, Auburn, LSU, A&M among others.

He certainly has baggage.....but it was asked why......and while no one “knows” (if he would or not) above are solid reasons as to why he “could.”

It must be nice to be Saban, you get to set your own schedule, you pick all the coaches at your competitors because they are from your coaching tree. You know their strength and weaknesses and for that reason alone I think Freeze would concern Mr Saban.

Reactions: preacherwebb
His Ole Miss teams were Bama’s nemesis when he was there. I imagine he would have better (legal) talent here than at Ole Miss. His contract could be structured to strongly discourage cheating and ethical issues as in dismissal for just cause without compensation. Unfortunately he will be off the coaching carousel by the time we decide to make a move though.

He should be able to get better talent at Tennessee than he was able to get at Old Miss.

He is able to come up with a plan to maximize that talent that he has and adjust accordingly.

He can make a good player better by working towards their strengths and I promise you if he had been here for the last 3 years we would have either JG playing better or have another player ready to take over.

I legit don't know anything about Hugh Freeze. Is he a good motivator, good strategist, good recruiter, etc? I know he had a good record at Ole Miss in the SEC west and is doing well at liberty. But why would he do well at Tennessee?

On that last note, are his past troubles an indicator of how well he would do? Like can he actually recruit high end talent without cheating (or getting caught lol)
Uhm Liberty being ranked and all....LIBERTY

Reactions: lifeisdeep
His record is a result, I'm trying to understand why. You shouldn't give stupid answers if you don't understand the question. K thanks
Well, let me try. His record is an indication of his ability. He is reported to be very good at offensive scheming, in game coaching, and putting a team together. He hasn't head coached at a place like Tennessee where he could recruit to the name and tradition. It would be a whole new advantage for him.

It must be nice to be Saban, you get to set your own schedule, you pick all the coaches at your competitors because they are from your coaching tree. You know their strength and weaknesses and for that reason alone I think Freeze would concern Mr Saban.

Lol. You really think Freeze would strike fear into Saban if he came here?? We would still get steamrolled by Bama. Just maybe not quite as bad.

Lol. You really think Freeze would strike fear into Saban if he came here?? We would still get steamrolled by Bama. Just maybe not quite as bad.
What's wrong with you, BOT? You don't know that we'd get steamrolled. You're giving up and saying nobody can beat Bama. Clemson proved you wrong. With the right coach and good recruiting, we could definitely beat Bama. You got a reason to think Freeze isn't the guy who could do that?

I legit don't know anything about Hugh Freeze. Is he a good motivator, good strategist, good recruiter, etc? I know he had a good record at Ole Miss in the SEC west and is doing well at liberty. But why would he do well at Tennessee?

On that last note, are his past troubles an indicator of how well he would do? Like can he actually recruit high end talent without cheating (or getting caught lol)
he just isn't a suckass bag full of suck like the suck meister we have now.
Why would Freeze do well here?

Because he's a great coach
and why is he a great coach?
Because he beat Bama a couple of times is the only reason I could think of.

VN Store

Back