Why we we still can be a #1 seed...(theory)

Dougie_D

There seems to be about 7-8 clear #2 seeds. Only 1 clear #1 seed.
Out of the projectcted #1 seeds, only DUKE won their tournament.
Gonzaga and TN got to the final but lost.
Kentucky and NC didn’t even get there but lost to projected number 1 seeds.
Virginia loss early.
Michigan st and Michigan was projected to go 2/2 or 2/3 seeds depending on what happens.
Duke
Virginia
TN
Zags

NC
KY
Michigan
Michigan st.

I like what he has with us in Louisville as a number two I think we can win a final four bid out of that one.

Virg and Duke are clear 1 seeds. UNC lost by 1 at the end of the game to Duke, Mich St can make their claim later today, Gonzaga might have more of a claim over Tennessee now that Tennessee lost by 20,

If Tennessee had lost a close game today, maybe they could have still had a shot, but they didn’t and they don’t.

Hey I still think they should get one...... but their sos is higher than others and they don’t have like 15 top wins like some others and they ended their season losing by 20.

Hell no. Hell to the no. They are lucky to be considered for a 2 seed.

Reactions: amorange
Common opponents and the fact the committee doesn’t always put a lot of weight into Sunday championship games. That being said the chance it happens is basically 0

That was one of the most disappointing performances of a Vol game I have ever had. Hope they learned something and will make us be proud in the NCAA's. They have worked too hard to let this define this season.

UNC - They only beat Duke because Zion was out. We beat Louisville and UK twice. They lost to both teams. They didn’t make their conference tourney championship we did.

Reactions: Vol49er
Hell no. Hell to the no. They are lucky to be considered for a 2 seed.
I swear half of y’all love when we lose. You think Michigan State fans are saying they don’t derserve to be a 1 after getting swept by Indiana? You think Zag fans are campaigning to be a 2 after having only 1 good win all year? You think UK fans are saying they should be knocked to a 3 after getting blown out by both Tennessee and Duke? Have some pride

Don't deserve the 1 seed. 5-4 last 9 and can't win when a championship is on the line

Reactions: amorange
UNC - They only beat Duke because Zion was out. We beat Louisville and UK twice. They lost to both teams. They didn’t make their conference tourney championship we did.
UNC lost by one point with Zion to the Conf Champion Duke, UNC beat the brakes off of the Zags... UT not so much... Now if you want to talk about UNCch having 6 losses vs Vols 5 losses Ill entertain, but no way in hell is UT getting a #1 after getting beat by 20 IMO.

UNC lost by one point with Zion to the Conf Champion Duke, UNC beat the brakes off of the Zags... UT not so much... Now if you want to talk about UNCch having 6 losses vs Vols 5 losses Ill entertain, but no way in hell is UT getting a #1 after getting beat by 20 IMO.
The committee specifically mentions taking a ‘results based’ based approach. And using common opponents which the committee specifically considers them we have the edge. The committee can’t logically discount Dukes losses without Zion without also discounting UNC’s wins.

There seems to be about 7-8 clear #2 seeds. Only 1 clear #1 seed.
Out of the projectcted #1 seeds, only DUKE won their tournament.
Gonzaga and TN got to the final but lost.
Kentucky and NC didn’t even get there but lost to projected number 1 seeds.
Virginia loss early.
Michigan st and Michigan was projected to go 2/2 or 2/3 seeds depending on what happens.
Duke
Virginia
TN
Zags

NC
KY
Michigan
Michigan st.

For those wondering if Kentucky or Tennessee can still get a 1-seed, I leave you with this stat: Only twice in the past nine years has a 1-seed been given to a team that didn't win either its regular-season or conference tournament title.

The committee specifically mentions taking a ‘results based’ based approach. And using common opponents which the committee specifically considers them we have the edge. The committee can’t logically discount Dukes losses without Zion without also discounting UNC’s wins.
You forget what I know growing up on tobacco road... ACC>SEC when it comes to basketball seeding. I have argued with a former Tarheel player yesterday and today why I think UT deserves a 1 over UNC but after a 20 point loss in the tourney by the same team you have lost to already, I just don't see them going that direction.

I would quite frankly rather get "home" seeding number 2 than 4th place 1 seed and getting shipped to Phoenix or LA or BFE to play. Just my belief that we saw with the ranking this year the Bluebloods of BB will get preferential treatment on fouls inside, rankings and seeding LOL. We will know in a few hours.

We get a #2 seed and get put in Dukes region

I would think that if Duke's being rewarded, they would more likely put Duke into that EAST Quadrant due to both how much closer D.C. is to them than Louisville and give them an opening game in (Columbia, SC).

If Duke ended up there, I'm not sure they'd throw us all the way to a Des Moines, Iowa, or something in that same region to start the tournament. I would think the South Quadrant (Louisville) would be more likely.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back