Why we we still can be a #1 seed...(theory)

You forget what I know growing up on tobacco road... ACC>SEC when it comes to basketball seeding. I have argued with a former Tarheel player yesterday and today why I think UT deserves a 1 over UNC but after a 20 point loss in the tourney by the same team you have lost to already, I just don't see them going that direction.

I would quite frankly rather get "home" seeding number 2 than 4th place 1 seed and getting shipped to Phoenix or LA or BFE to play. Just my belief that we saw with the ranking this year the Bluebloods of BB will get preferential treatment on fouls inside, rankings and seeding LOL. We will know in a few hours.
I know. I’m not saying we deserve a 1 and I certainly don’t think we will. However I do think you can make a logical argument vs UNC and Gonzaga.

Reactions: bag12day
My prediction after another trashing by an SEC team is that Tennessee will not go past the elite 8. I was hoping for a title but after that play, it is clear that the beloved Vols can’t close in games that matter.

Common opponents and the fact the committee doesn’t always put a lot of weight into Sunday championship games. That being said the chance it happens is basically 0

Tennessee's biggest obstacle, or committee reasoning, will be that they didn't win either the regular season, or conference tournament championship.

Tennessee's biggest obstacle, or committee reasoning, will be that they didn't win either the regular season, or conference tournament championship.
Yeah I’m just saying there are reasonable arguments on both sides. Of course we know who gets the benefit of the doubt 😒 We could have removed it today.

The committee has specifically stated in the past regarding regular season titles - they consider lopsided scheduling, which LSU certainly had. Oh well

Yeah I’m just saying there are reasonable arguments on both sides. Of course we know who gets the benefit of the doubt 😒

We could have removed it today.

We unfortunately probably removed that today, (especially with how that whole only 2 non-regular season champion, non-conference champion teams getting one seeds in the last 9 years statistic feels).

Hopefully the team at least sees some scheduling benefit and receives a Friday game - so that the team can get an extra day of rest - at a favorable location (so ideally, a Friday game in maybe Jacksonville instead of a Thurs. game in Des Moines).

My prediction after another trashing by an SEC team is that Tennessee will not go past the elite 8. I was hoping for a title but after that play, it is clear that the beloved Vols can’t close in games that matter.

What worries me is that they'll win the first game easily then come out and play like today against a 7+ seed that's hot after their first game.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019

Overall record.

strength of schedule.

Virginia and Duke are the only clear cut cases where there is no argument.

I wouldn't sweat it anyway. Again, the key is the bracket. I've seen brackets where I was more afraid of the 3 seed than the 1 or the 2.

I just wouldn't want to be in duke's region. That's all I'd want from the committee.

We are a very bi-polar team. We beat Kentucky two out of three times-- slaughtered most of the SEC and took down number one Gonzaga, but Auburn had our number. I just hope we get a good bracket.

We are a very bi-polar team. We beat Kentucky two out of three times-- slaughtered most of the SEC and took down number one Gonzaga, but Auburn had our number. I just hope we get a good bracket.
Auburn will almost certainly be in our region

What worries me is that they'll win the first game easily then come out and play like today against a 7+ seed that's hot after their first game.
and it will be Wofford -- the top 3 point shooting team in the Nation

I think Tennessee is still a 1

Big Ut Basketball supporter here. We aren't a #1 seed. If our losses had been spread across the season and maybe 1 less, sure. 23-1 to start the season. 6-4 to finish the season. We didn't finish strong. Make all the reasons you want and they may all be 100% true. We went from #1, who can beat Tennessee.. To TN gets a fight from everyone and loses as many as they win in close games win or lose.

VN Store

Back