why we still have a good chance

TennesseeVols317

We play 2 more sec teams (vanderbilt 2-7 and kentucky 1-8) and right now both tennessee and georgia have 1 conference loss and if tennesse wins both games then they will be 9-1 in the conference and georgia will be 8-1 IF they can beat auburn, then tennesse gets it...if tennessee loses one then they will be 8-2 and georgia IF they beat auburn then they will be 8-1, tennessee will once again get it...and if we lose both and auburn beats georgia both teams will be 7-2, but tennessee beating georgia will advance us to the game, and if tennesse loses both and IF Georgia beats Auburn then they will be 8-1 and Tennesse will be 7-2, making it the only way that Georgia can make it into the SECCG. SO lets hope that we can get there and give our payback to the tigers

Originally posted by TennesseeVols317@Nov 6, 2004 10:56 PM
... if tennessee loses one then they will be 8-2 and georgia IF they beat auburn then they will be 8-1, tennessee will once again get it...

I think If we have 2 SEC losses and Georgia has 1 SEC loss at the end of the season, then there is no tie and the dawgs go to the SECCG.

:blink:

I feel your pain 6. I just got a headache reading that. Let me break that post down in 1 line:

GA and TN both have 1 SEC loss-Tie goes to us-we have 2 SEC games left, GA has 1.

Originally posted by TennesseeVols317@Nov 6, 2004 11:17 PM
my bad i didnt do the math someone else did and i posted it hesitantly... :unsure:

No prob - I was just trying to keep Otis's head from exploding. :D

Originally posted by GAVol@Nov 6, 2004 11:18 PM

No prob - I was just trying to keep Otis's head from exploding. :D

well after i read it over my head hurt too...i did do the math and figured it all out adn we still do have a good chance.

From the SEC's website: http://www.secsports.com/index.php?well_id...h_channel_id=40

"In the event of a tie for the division championship, the following procedures will be used to break all ties to determine the SEC Football Championship Game representative. All Conference versus Conference Games (both division and non-division) will be counted in the Conference Standings."

I think this means it doesn't matter if you lose to a team from the SEC East or SEC West. I wondered about this recently, and finally looked it up.

Here's my analysis:
UT in SECCG:
If we beat UK and Vandy, then we go no matter what UGA does.
If we lose one of the games and UGA loses to Auburn, then we go.
UGA in SECCG
If we lose both games, then UGA goes.
If we lose one of the games and UGA wins out, then UGA goes.

I think we do have a really good chance with either Clausen or Ainge.

I'm not going to hate on UT but I have to say "if" we get beat by a mediocre Vanderbilt team or one of the worst teams in College Football in Kentucky I don't know if I want to see us in the SECCG. My thinking is that if UK/Vandy can beat us then Auburn would kill us a second time. Playing Vandy in two weeks will be a bigger challenge than UK for sure but they aren't a great football team by any means. It don't matter if we've got Clausen in there or not because we should be able to handle Vandy/UK with him for sure. He's not a bad QB as he made one big mistake yesterday but made some great passes too when his O-Line actually gave him more than 2 seconds to throw it. They have to work on their O-Line though.

I think we'll beat Vandy and UK and go into the SECCG with at least Schaffer healthy. If we can sort out some of the issues we have then we should at least give Auburn a good game. I'm just not too thrilled with some of the play calling on offense, nor ever have been with Sanders calling the plays. I didn't like the call on 4th and 1, anything would have been better than that. I know Clausen isn't exactly fast but I think I would have done a bootleg with him having a couple of options to throw to and if not running for the first down. Anyway, there's alot of if's coming out of the game yesterday. If they would have ruled that pass a catch, if CJ Fayton wouldn't have dropped a wide open pass that would have surely got him 30-40 yards, if we would have done something different on 4th and 1, if the center wouldn't have had another bad snap the last drive, etc. But the fact is ND won, don't matter how, and now we just have to play for the SEC Championship. Even if we don't have a chance for a NC this year it would be great for UT to go to possibly knock Auburn out of the title game and go to a BCS Bowl. I could see us playing Virginia or Utah. I'd love to see us butt heads with the Utes if they stay undefeated and us knocking off two unbeaten teams the last two games of the year.

DD

Tough lose, but it's easy to second guess the coachs and players after a lose. Don't forget about the great play calling and great plays, cut the coachs and players some slack.

We will win out and hopefully we will be healthy enough to kick Auburns butt. This has been a great year, don't let a few injuries get us down.

GO VOLS!

VN Store

Back