Why we should move Vols back to Neyland East Side

Vfl2407

I can’t remember what year we changed From Vols being on East side to the West side.
But I do remember the reason given was that it’s hotter on the East side and cooler on the West during day games.
I don’t believe that’s a good enough reason to stay there now especially with the big fans and access to water and ice.

Here is why we should move the Vols back to the East side Of Neyland.
It gives our administration a good “out” of the current controversy by saying having the home team in front of the student section would stop or lessen such situations of fans throwing things onto the field. If fans did throw things, they’d be hitting our team so there’s no complaining of opposing teams getting hit by anything. Plus, our players and coaches could exhort our fans to stop throwing things.

In normal game situations, It would put more attention on our sideline and our coaching staff. Most of the cameras 🎥 of the network carrying the game live are set up on the West sideline Shooting directing across to the East sideline.
Therefore, during our home games there are tons of shots of the visiting teams sideline and very few of ours. (E.G. How many shots were there of Kiffin and how many of Heupel? And that wasn’t just because of Kiffins return to Neyland being the bigger storyline.) Go back and watch any of our home games. The opposing sideline gets much more air time because of where the cameras are located.

just my two cents on the subject.

Reactions: onthehill71
The ironic thing is Kiffin is the one that got the sidelines swapped. He was over there cooking during a 330 game while the visitors were in the shade.

Edit. No way in hell should we switch back.

The ironic thing is Kiffin is the one that got the sidelines swapped. He was over there cooking during a 330 game while the visitors were in the shade.

Edit. No way in hell should we switch back.

interesting that it was Kiffin doing that in his only season. dont remember that.

We put visitors there due to the Sun ☀️ on say games. It wears them out!
Haven’t seen much evidence of opposing teams wilting late in our games.
in fact, we have been a better first half team more often.
both teams have those huge fans on their sidelines now and access to plenty of ice and water.

Haven’t seen much evidence of opposing teams wilting late in our games.
in fact, we have been a better first half team more often.
both teams have those huge fans on their sidelines now and access to plenty of ice and water.
As a fan I hate sitting on that side during games. Burn baby 🔥

I can’t remember what year we changed From Vols being on East side to the West side.
But I do remember the reason given was that it’s hotter on the East side and cooler on the West during day games.
I don’t believe that’s a good enough reason to stay there now especially with the big fans and access to water and ice.

Here is why we should move the Vols back to the East side Of Neyland.
It gives our administration a good “out” of the current controversy by saying having the home team in front of the student section would stop or lessen such situations of fans throwing things onto the field. If fans did throw things, they’d be hitting our team so there’s no complaining of opposing teams getting hit by anything. Plus, our players and coaches could exhort our fans to stop throwing things.

In normal game situations, It would put more attention on our sideline and our coaching staff. Most of the cameras 🎥 of the network carrying the game live are set up on the West sideline Shooting directing across to the East sideline.
Therefore, during our home games there are tons of shots of the visiting teams sideline and very few of ours. (E.G. How many shots were there of Kiffin and how many of Heupel? And that wasn’t just because of Kiffins return to Neyland being the bigger storyline.) Go back and watch any of our home games. The opposing sideline gets much more air time because of where the cameras are located.

just my two cents on the subject.

These are both very good points. Making this decision about the east side is something that the AD could do to show that he is listening and responsive to the bad behavior. On the down side, the money seats are on the west side behind the home bench. People pay more to be in the shade and be near their team. So the value of the expensive seats would go down. But maybe this could be a temporary decision for the remainder of the 2021 season only. It would sort of "self-impose" a penalty for what happened.

Why should we penalize the team ? Wtf did they do besides get hosed ? No UT should not move sidelines. Pay the fine and let it be. What happened shouldnt have happened and it is a black eye. However the team weren't the ones throwing crap on the field. Identify who you can and make an example. Pay the fine, issue apologies and get on with the season.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Dumb.

VN Store

Back