Why We Must Do All We Can to Try and Have College Sports

The Texas hospital association is a trade group, they don't have much to do with the day to function of Frontline hospitals. Texas medical center has projected that they will exhaust their surge capacity in two weeks if caseloads continue growing at current rates.View attachment 288718

If this fairy tale you speak of comes to fruition there will be more beds provided. Thank goodness there is only a small segment of the population with this cowardice line of thinking. But in all honesty if you are fearful that you possibility have a previous underlying condition then by all means do what you have to do to protect yourself. Cowering in our homes will not make this go away. Building immunities will

Not a cure? What happened to Polio? Planned? This has sucked for everyone.

I'll be first in line for the vaccine if my doctor supports it.
How many people get the flu after taking the vaccine....... ?? Polio wasn't a "virus"

I agree with your post however a vaccine is not a cure! Also dont take that vaccine...... this has all played out wayyyyy to well for it to have not been planned. Something wicked this way comes

The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry.

Just because a conspiracy theory happens to fit certain facts, doesn’t mean it is true.

After half a career spent trying to figure out the messes of others, I remain convinced that incompetence and happenstance accomplish WAY more than strategy in most cases.

Reactions: 37620VOL
How many people get the flu after taking the vaccine....... ?? Polio wasn't a "virus"

Polio is a virus.

Meals

Mumps

Rubella

Whooping cough

Tetanus

Diptheria

Meningitis

All these vaccines are effective and more, it seems like you're picking on the one outlier, the flu vaccine, which mutates rapidly and has several strains. Covid-19 mutates much more slowly than flu, therefore it should be more effective than the flu vaccine. I think the one concern is how long immunization will last.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
If this fairy tale you speak of comes to fruition there will be more beds provided. Thank goodness there is only a small segment of the population with this cowardice line of thinking. But in all honesty if you are fearful that you possibility have a previous underlying condition then by all means do what you have to do to protect yourself. Cowering in our homes will not make this go away. Building immunities will
Self-isolating does not equal "cowering".

Reactions: GoVolunteers
I don’t see it happening.

The virus continuously spreads across the country at a more rapid pace due to people gathering in public beaches, bars, hell..... some people are still traveling from state to state. Even though a vaccine is being tested, it’ll be months before it’s available to the American people.

Like one poster mentioned, even if they started the season, they’d shut it down due to more players coming in close contact with each other along with coaches.

Cases will spike.

Last edited:
Safety data is assessed in phase 2 of trials which are underway as we speak for several vaccines. Some are scheduled for phase 3 as early as later this summer. Not inconceivable that early Spring 2021 we could have one available for front line healthcare workers then the general population shortly after

So, you're saying we have a chance to attend a Vols football game in person?? I mean, a chance to attend the 2021 UT Spring Game.....??

if you think the quality of care you'd receive in Vanderbilt Medical Center's parking garage is the same that you'd receive in Vanderbilt's ICU unit, I've got a bridge to sell you. Voluntary medical procedures in Texas were again suspended yesterday. People who are injured or sick with stuff other than Covid-19 will be unable to access the care they need. Every other developed country is getting this virus under control. Why can't we? Its honestly embarrassing.Annotation 2020-06-26 095607.png

Last edited:
if you think the quality of care you'd receive in Vanderbilt Medical Center's parking garage is the same that you'd receive in Vanderbilt's ICU unit, I've got a bridge to sell you. Voluntary medical procedures in Texas were again suspended yesterday. People who are injured or sick with stuff other than Covid-19 will be unable to access the care they need. Every other developed country is getting this virus under control. Why can't we? Its honestly embarrassing.View attachment 288925

Continue with your misleading lies. If a procedure is necessary you will still be able.

Perhaps you should move to Europe

Gov. Abbott issues order that suspends elective surgeries in Harris, Bexar, Dallas, Travis counties

Reactions: norrislakevol
My son’s HS football team has been practicing (unsanctioned, drills, QBs and WRs - he’s a QB) all spring, without coaches. They officially started conditioning with coaches (social distancing, masks, no balls) 2 weeks ago. This week officials shut it all down until late July. Guess what they’re doing today..
and tomorrow..

You're wrong. I work for a community health system in South Carolina. Our percentage of positive cases began spiking about two weeks after Memorial Day. Now, hospitalizations are spiking. We had three COVID-19-positive patients Thursday of last week. On Friday, we had nine. Yesterday, we had 20. Today, we have 27. Our ICUs are at 84% occupancy. And the cases keep increasing -- another record day of positive cases diagnosed statewide today.

SC has 10,464 hospital beds.
2,579 (24.6%) are empty.
7,885 (75.4%) are in use.
906 (8.7% of total, 11.5% of used beds) are patients that either tested positive or are suspect of COVID.

Reactions: norrislakevol
Seth Emerson from The Athletic sums it up nicely, IMO.

"College athletics faces a bad choice and a worse choice. The bad choice is trying to play through a pandemic. The worse choice is giving up before trying to have a season.

It’s easy — and wrong — to simply write off the motivation to play as financial. That gives it a nefarious undertone. But there are real-life implications to those financials. Jobs and livelihoods that would be lost without a season. They don’t trump the health of the participants. It just means that it’s worth trying to see if you can thread that needle."
Another non scietntific person trying to alter scientific data and models. Those models are sound and have been correct during this Pandemic. We are now having more disease than we had before the politicians ignored the guidelines. and reopened prematurely If we continue to ignore the guidelines, we will continue to have elevated disease and it's sequelae as well as lose of life. Listen to the scientists and be safe rather than refuse to do what is needed Wear a msak, wash your hands and stay 6 feet away from people you do not know or people who invite themslve to become spreaders of this disease. I think a vaccine will be developed and treatments will be found in the future, I think it is folly to expect either of these to be available before the scientists have had enough time to throughly investigate and develope these interventions. Not to do so is sign insecuriety and is criminal. I am tired of hearing politicians and others who are uninforem simply lie and ignore facts about where we stand in controlling this pandemic.

Self-isolating does not equal "cowering".

Get out and get exposed if you are healthy so you can build your immunity. Hiding from the microscopic boogeyman out there only means delaying getting your immunities, and makes you a risk to others as a potential carrier for a longer period of time.

SC has 10,464 hospital beds.
2,579 (24.6%) are empty.
7,885 (75.4%) are in use.
906 (8.7% of total, 11.5% of used beds) are patients that either tested positive or are suspect of COVID.

The ones that wish to see everything shut down again hate to see facts like these that you just posted.

Reactions: tnvols72
Yes, those stats are from SC DHEC. I look at them daily in my professional capacity. Two weeks earlier, on June 12, the “total number of hospital beds used for patients that either tested positive or were suspect of COVID” was 512. That’s an 80 percent increase in just two weeks.

The statewide numbers also don’t reflect disparity by region. We live along the coast. Our cases and hospitalizations have skyrocketed since Memorial Day.

Every day, my colleagues and I on our organization’s command center response team are working to plan for the care of our community. Every day, our front line professionals are providing that care. And yesterday, 100 of us worked 10 hours in 90-degree heat standing on asphalt - the clinical team in full PPE - at a massive free outdoor testing clinic so we could test 2,500 people in our region as a way to identify, contain and slow spread. That’s the seventh outdoor clinic we’ve done in the past month, and we’ll be doing at least four more in July.

You’re entitled to your opinion, whatever it may be. I know the reality I’m living every day.

I didn't share an opinion; I listed statistics. I'm not saying they're good or bad, but they are pertinent to the subject, especially when words like "skyrocketed" are being thrown around. That being said, I do find it interesting that you saw the statistics and felt the need to get defensive.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back