Why we don't have a Playoff.....

I think that Jim Delaney is the last part of the horse over the fence!

Sometimes you have to put what's best personally for what's best as a whole. I still hold a grudge against Nebraska from 1994 - it should have been at least been a split title, but we got absolutely no support from the Big 10 (after our first year in it).:banghead2:

The coaches blame the media, the media blame the college presidents, and the college presidents say that the coaches tell them it would be too much for the student athletes. Unwrap that warped scenario.

The coaches blame the media, the media blame the college presidents, and the college presidents say that the coaches tell them it would be too much for the student athletes. Unwrap that warped scenario.
That gives me a headache.

I think a lot of coaches who proclaim support for a playoff do so only because there's no chance of it actually happening. As it is now, they can blame polls, strength and depth of their conferences, etc. for not reaching the grand prize. A playoff would remove all excuses.

I think a lot of coaches who proclaim support for a playoff do so only because there's no chance of it actually happening. As it is now, they can blame polls, strength and depth of their conferences, etc. for not reaching the grand prize. A playoff would remove all excuses.

I've felt the same way for a long time. Fulmer has said he wants a playoff. Given his postseason success rate, I don't think he could guide the AFC Pro Bowl team through a college playoff. I think he knows it, too.

Only way they'll all agree is if it was a +1 system with the top 4 teams. you wont get all parties to agree to anything else.

The Delaney freak with all of his power is crowing that the Big 10 has increased their average attendance from 58,000 to 71,000. While I realize that the Big House and Beaver Stadium consistently fill up their stadiums at 100 grand plus, apparently the rest of the schools are bringing down their figures considerably. There's something seriously wrong if one of the top dogs holding back a playoff system is so seriously full of crap.

The Delaney freak with all of his power is crowing that the Big 10 has increased their average attendance from 58,000 to 71,000. While I realize that the Big House and Beaver Stadium consistently fill up their stadiums at 100 grand plus, apparently the rest of the schools are bringing down their figures considerably. There's something seriously wrong if one of the top dogs holding back a playoff system is so seriously full of crap.
100,000 at Michigan, PSU, and OSU + 40,000 at Indiana, Illinois, and Northwesten = 70,000 average.

100,000 at Michigan, PSU, and OSU + 40,000 at Indiana, Illinois, and Northwesten = 70,000 average.
I rest my case. So what's the average attendance for SEC football games? Just saying how did the Delaney dude get so damn powerful with such weak stuff to bring? Too bad Cramer got too old...

I rest my case. So what's the average attendance for SEC football games? Just saying how did the Delaney dude get so damn powerful with such weak stuff to bring? Too bad Cramer got too old...
Delaney, in due fairness, really knows basketball. Football isn't his primary field of expertise. My guess is, they're just rotating the BCS chair among the various conferences.

Delaney, in due fairness, really knows basketball. Football isn't his primary field of expertise. My guess is, they're just rotating the BCS chair among the various conferences.
Fair enough. I'm just saying that absolute power corrupts absolutely. That's why we can't get a Div. 1 playoff system.

Fair enough. I'm just saying that absolute power corrupts absolutely. That's why we can't get a Div. 1 playoff system.
True, especially when you rotate the absolute power in a manner that means all interested parties get their turn.

True, especially when you rotate the absolute power in a manner that means all interested parties get their turn.
And thus we have the truth to why there is no playoff system in major college football. Well said Mr. hat...

Well said Mr. hat...

"....and with that post Hatvol was permanently stuck with a new nickname." :birgits_giggle:

mrhat3oh.jpg

"....and with that post Hatvol was permanently stuck with a new nickname." :birgits_giggle:

mrhat3oh.jpg
I always wondered, did Mr. Hat steal his signature fashion style from Fat Albert stalwart Mushmouth?

mrhat3oh.jpg
OMG, have I punctured the VN time and space continuum? Please let this South Park reference be released!! By the way, Mr. hat in my reference began with a lower case h. Halleleujah, I am reconfirmed!!!

VN Store

Back