Why Nathan Peterman is the worst starting quarterback in NFL history

VolFaninFla

In Buffalo's 41-9 loss to the Bears on Sunday afternoon, Peterman completed 31 of 49 passes for 189 yards, no touchdowns and three interceptions. Those three picks increased his career total to 12, against 130 total attempts, which gives him a career interception percentage of 9.23%.
So, when you run through the eras, and superimpose performance over the decades, and adjust for the automatic elements of efficiency gifted to today's quarterback, it's entirely reasonable to conclude that Nathan Peterman, who has been given several different opportunities to start NFL games, is the worst quarterback in NFL history. And for the Bills-or any other team-to run this kind of horrid quarterbacking out there week after week borders on the inexcusable.

Alvin Kamara and Cordarrelle Patterson had a good Sunday. Unfortunately, things did not go well for Nathan Peterman. It must be hard to have a terrible day at work with millions of eyes on you.
I wish him future success whether it is in or out of the NFL.

In Buffalo's 41-9 loss to the Bears on Sunday afternoon, Peterman completed 31 of 49 passes for 189 yards, no touchdowns and three interceptions. Those three picks increased his career total to 12, against 130 total attempts, which gives him a career interception percentage of 9.23%.
So, when you run through the eras, and superimpose performance over the decades, and adjust for the automatic elements of efficiency gifted to today's quarterback, it's entirely reasonable to conclude that Nathan Peterman, who has been given several different opportunities to start NFL games, is the worst quarterback in NFL history. And for the Bills-or any other team-to run this kind of horrid quarterbacking out there week after week borders on the inexcusable.

Alvin Kamara and Cordarrelle Patterson had a good Sunday. Unfortunately, things did not go well for Nathan Peterman. It must be hard to have a terrible day at work with millions of eyes on you.

I think that NP has had more than ONE bad day at work. He has had several bad days at work. But hey, he still has a job....can't be mad at him about that. Somewhere Johnny Football and others are like...WTF?!

The fact that he evolved to a starting QB in the NFL is a miracle without even considering his performance. I thought when he got his shot with Tennessee his career as a QB was over. Transferring was the salvation of his career he wasn't gonna advance to where he now is here.

Reactions: VolNavy01
So
I think that NP has had more than ONE bad day at work. He has had several bad days at work. But hey, he still has a job....can't be mad at him about that. Somewhere Johnny Football and others are like...WTF?!

Sometimes it just doesn't pay to be a petulant, coke snorting, asswhipe like Johnny "football".

I think it's unfortunate for Peterman. He's clearly not ready to play quarterback in live games but because his coach forced him to start once last season looking to replace Tyrod, and had to start this season due to multiple injuries.

It is what it is, looks like he will be going pro in something other than sports very soon.

The fact that he evolved to a starting QB in the NFL is a miracle without even considering his performance. I thought when he got his shot with Tennessee his career as a QB was over. Transferring was the salvation of his career he wasn't gonna advance to where he now is here.

Couldn't help but see these immortal words from one of our previous defunct coaches. It triggered something... lol

Attachments

• nowhere.jpg
    nowhere.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: bpalmer28

Well he actually had coaching at Pittsburgh.

Time to merge all the Nathan Peterman Is The Worst threads. 😎

As bad as he might be............he will always be able to say he was an NFL starting QB. In the grand scheme of it, not many can say that. Good for him and I wish him the best, and most of all......better stats.

As bad as he might be............he will always be able to say he was an NFL starting QB. In the grand scheme of it, not many can say that. Good for him and I wish him the best, and most of all......better stats.

Wish him a new coaching staff and team lmao.

Wish him a new coaching staff and team lmao.

Then he wouldn’t be the starter. Maybe not even on the roster.......but like Fade mentioned, financially he’ll be just fine. That’ll help take the sting out of any terrible stat.

But, wait, Peterman is so much better than Dobbs. Remember all of that drivel on here.

Peterman might have a job now, but I wouldn’t expect him on any NFL roster next season.

The Florida game wasn’t a fluke. Pitt was able to hide him behind a running game and defense. But, when he needs to lead from the position, this is who he really is.

But, wait, Peterman is so much better than Dobbs. Remember all of that drivel on here.

Peterman might have a job now, but I wouldn’t expect him on any NFL roster next season.

The Florida game wasn’t a fluke. Pitt was able to hide him behind a running game and defense. But, when he needs to lead from the position, this is who he really is.

He's a game manager....nothing wrong with that. If he were in the right situation, he would more than likely be successful.

He won’t be on a roster next season. Watching him is like watching us.

No but I could see him playing a while in the AAFL or XFL....well as long as they exist. I mean it would parallel his college career: couldn't make it as a starter in the SEC so so took a step down to a middle of the pack ACC team and was able to have a pretty decent career. Leave the NFL and go have a decent career in a minor league.

Then he wouldn’t be the starter. Maybe not even on the roster.......but like Fade mentioned, financially he’ll be just fine. That’ll help take the sting out of any terrible stat.
Any qb with the right staff can find success. I'm in DC and Fox just happened to be showing the game up here and figured I would watch the first half. It is crazy the amount of interceptions he has, but in that first half, the 3 turnovers were on the receivers. Like maybe the kid just has bad luck on top of bad skill, but the fact he is still able to waltz out there under his own confidence is crazy. Like his 2 picks in the first half hit the receivers hands and they just bobble the ball up in the air. Like crazy that after that he hasn't retired.....

Peterman is not a VFL.

He's a game manager....nothing wrong with that. If he were in the right situation, he would more than likely be successful.
If he were in a DIFFERENT situation, he prolly ain’t on a roster. Buffalo’s head coach is a stubborn one.

We all saw it when he was here. Even when he Was at Pitt he had one really good game against Clemson where he caught lightning in a bottle. Peterman was always a mediocre QB.

VN Store

Back