Why is it the basketball and baseball program way ahead of football ?

volfan2024

“Wanna play ball scarecrow “
You’d think after so many years so much success we’d be learning something getting a new direction. It seems the same thing are so redundant. Everyone else is stepping forward or backwards. To me we step forward for three quarters last night then the last quarter rolled around we fizzle out again. Penalties, rushing qbs, failure to make risky 4-1 calls, third and long our defense just falls apart . I’m not sure what direction we are headed after last nights showing I thought it was the forward but now I have doubts.

Not being able to have much run production whether line running backs whatever is costing us .

Cause we are and have been a basketball school since we hired Bruce Pearl and our football program went into the toilet

It just seems we have been making excuses since 2006 and that’s the truth. Meanwhile we continue to be mediocre at best.

Reactions: oz615
A logical explanation is that it takes a lot more people to make football successful. Football has 30 players or so that are vital to success, then you need depth behind that. You have a ton of coaches contributing to that as well. When you play other schools that already have stability in football, it's hard. And our past coaches have made horrible decisions that have gutted the program.

This coaching staff is finally doing more with less though, and that's super encouraging. That's the sign that the program is on the way up.

Phillip-Fulmer-New-Acting-Director-Tennessee-Cover.png

You’d think after so many years so much success we’d be learning something getting a new direction. It seems the same thing are so redundant. Everyone else is stepping forward or backwards. To me we step forward for three quarters last night then the last quarter rolled around we fizzle out again. Penalties, rushing qbs, failure to make risky 4-1 calls, third and long our defense just falls apart . I’m not sure what direction we are headed after last nights showing I thought it was the forward but now I have doubts.
Easier to rebuild in basketball with 2-3 players

Let's see: Barnes is in year 7, Vitello year 5, and Heupel year 0.66667. What do you think the reason is?

The difference is years of competent coaching, good recruiting, and establishing a winning identity.

Don’t be down yet brother. We saw fight last night. We saw some good play calls, and areas that can actually be fixed with talent.

The last few coaches weren’t close. This guy MAY be a quality HC.

Spurrier, per your avatar pic, would be very frustrated with the last 15 years of our football program if he were a UT guy.

We hired an all time great in basketball, and we made a no brainer hire in baseball. Football is a lot harder, but I think we might have finally got that right. Everybody puts all of their resources in football, and there is a lot of gambling for whatever reason. In every program, football is trial and error.

VN Store

Back