Why is Dale Jones Never Mentioned....

Volnation eats their own. Why would any VFL put his legacy at risk is beyond me. Read any Tee, Graham, Chuck Smith or Terry Fair threads and get back to me. Or John Majors or Phil Fulmer. We always kick them to the curb unceremoniously in the end. Always.

.....when a defensive coach or coordinator is needed? He has a stellar resume, as a walk-on he made one of the most memorable plays in Tennessee history and I'm sure most Vol fans would welcome him with open arms.
That’s the Tennessee fan base frame of mind. He made an interception against Bama in 1985 so this makes him the greatest coach in waiting ever in 2021, REALLY. This is the exact training of thought that has allowed us to go through this same scenario 5 times in 13 years.

No DC experience.
App State LB Coach.
But could help recruit Carolina.
knows our program and loves it.
most importantly, he would say Yes.

No DC experience.
App State LB Coach.
But could help recruit Carolina.
knows our program and loves it.
most importantly, he would say Yes.
I have heard he was loyal to Majors and still has issues with the university over Fulmer taking the HC position from Johnny.

Lets evaluate his 2 options:

1. I can continue to live my upscale life in NC doing what I want to do with no stress
or
2. I can join the TN FB $hi! show, spend half my life on the road recruiting trying to convince 17 yr olds that TN is place for them, never mind the NCAA sanctions, and hey you may get to go to a bowl game once during your 4 yrs.

Such a tough choice. Some of you need to take off the orange colored glasses every now and then. May help your vision.

.....when a defensive coach or coordinator is needed? He has a stellar resume, as a walk-on he made one of the most memorable plays in Tennessee history and I'm sure most Vol fans would welcome him with open arms.
Just a nit, but I don’t think he was a walk-on.

That’s the Tennessee fan base frame of mind. He made an interception against Bama in 1985 so this makes him the greatest coach in waiting ever in 2021, REALLY. This is the exact training of thought that has allowed us to go through this same scenario 5 times in 13 years.
How old are you sonny? Yes that play stands out but he was't just a one play wonder. He was an undersized walk-on who became a team leader throughout his career. Does that make him a great coach? Obviously not. But he's earned his stripes as a coach and there's no reason he should not be considered for a position at his alma mater.
Is there some reason you think former players should not be coaching at Tennessee. How about Peyton Manning if he wanted to coach for QBs for a year or two?

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
How old are you sonny? Yes that play stands out but he was't just a one play wonder. He was an undersized walk-on who became a team leader throughout his career. Does that make him a great coach? Obviously not. But he's earned his stripes as a coach and there's no reason he should not be considered for a position at his alma mater.
Is there some reason you think former players should not be coaching at Tennessee. How about Peyton Manning if he wanted to coach for QBs for a year or two?
I’m 62 and been in Neyland Stadium since 1967. Worked in stadium as a youngster, went to school there, and had season tickets for 33 years (until health kept me from attending). I have supported the team with my fan support and financial support. Yet I’m not blinded by my orange colored glasses enough to realize that a VFL tag is not a great “coach in waiting”, SONNY! News alert SONNY, Peyton has no desire to coach, but fans like you bring his name up daily for positions. Let’s allow our team to move into 2021 with a new coaching staff and hopefully a new result than the past 13 years, SONNY!

Dale went back to App State for a reason. He’s very happy and I don’t think he has any desire to coach at this level.

VN Store

Back