Why having a good QB/OC and scoring points matter

Rickyvol77

UT Coaches record when scoring:
0-9 pts - Pruitt (0-2), Jones (0-8), Dooley (0-4), Kiffin (None)
10-19 pts - Pruitt (2-8), Jones (2-8), Dooley (0-8), Kiffin (0-5)
20-29 pts - Pruitt (6-5), Jones (9-8), Dooley (2-5), Kiffin (0-1)
30+ points - Pruitt (7-1), Jones (24-4), Dooley (12-4), Kiffin (7-0)

The lack of QB play/Great OC playcallling since Fulmer left is what highlights our main struggles. The only success we have had has been when Dobbs/Bray were able to overcome terrible defensive performances

The HC MUST fix that before anything else in order to succeed

I honestly feel that if we just had an average offense things would be a lot different this season.

We still wouldn't best the big dogs, but we would probably have done better against Arky and Kentucky.
The offense had issues during the 1st two games up thru the 1st half at UGA, but was playing well enough to manage the games.

After JG's turnover frenzy against UGA in 2nd half, whatever momentum we had crumbled, and the follow up pick sixes in UK doomed that game from the get-go.

Arkansas, our lack of offense again cost us that game.

Maybe HB and playcalling at Auburn will be a difference maker

How much do yall think Chip Long is helping with QB or OC duties? Any chance he becomes OC next season when Chaney is gone? He was a high scoring OC at ND.

So what this analytical effort has revealed is that if you score more points, you have a better chance of winning!

Brilliant. Maybe one day I will figure out this game.
The point wasn't just the scoring points, but that UT's issues the past decade has been caused mostly by our lack of production at the QB position

Reactions: MikeTheVol
I honestly feel that if we just had an average offense things would be a lot different this season.

We still wouldn't best the big dogs, but we would probably have done better against Arky and Kentucky.
If we had a MEDIOCRE QB, we beat Kensucky and the Hogs. Plus we probably play a lot better 2nd half against UGA. JG is not even close to being an SEC QB.

The point wasn't just the scoring points, but that UT's issues the past decade has been caused mostly by our lack of production at the QB position

No worries Rickyvol, there are smart @sses in every bunch.

Reactions: Rickyvol77

Dobbs was a super star college player, on a team full of future NFL starters. Butch Jones was just a piss poor coach that wasted talent.

UT Coaches record when scoring:
0-9 pts - Pruitt (0-2), Jones (0-8), Dooley (0-4), Kiffin (None)
10-19 pts - Pruitt (2-8), Jones (2-8), Dooley (0-8), Kiffin (0-5)
20-29 pts - Pruitt (6-5), Jones (9-8), Dooley (2-5), Kiffin (0-1)
30+ points - Pruitt (7-1), Jones (24-4), Dooley (12-4), Kiffin (7-0)

The lack of QB play/Great OC playcallling since Fulmer left is what highlights our main struggles. The only success we have had has been when Dobbs/Bray were able to overcome terrible defensive performances

The HC MUST fix that before anything else in order to succeed
Shouldn’t we fix the terrible defensive performances first so that qbs don’t have to constantly overcome the poor defense ?

Okay, I get it ... it's another angle on the bash JG threads.
Or ... Or .... It's another way to look at Pruitt failing.

Cool, count me in ... gave you a like.
I hope either Bailey starts the rest of the season, or we hire another coach soon ... or both.

Truly, the best thing about UT football right now ... is VolNation!

Sure but how about lacking great defenses too?

Mcelwain won back to back East titles while averaging a miserable 23.5 ppg. No better than what we've had the last 3 years.

You need at least one side of the ball really great.

VN Store

Back