Why Geno outdid Pat.

She got dementia and left this world way too soon. She got diagnosed in May 2011 which means she more than likely coached the 2010-2011 season in addition to her last season with that horrible disease. She had that disease and was still kicking butt. She went 34-3 that year and 27-9 the last year. That was a miracle. Pat Summitt was transcendent for women’s basketball and put the sport on the map. Geno is just a grade A douche compared to that woman.

None of us ever got that Ice cold stare and it shows. Ask her players tho and they’ll tell you it wasn’t because you did something good.

S

So Auriemma’s coaching didn’t prepare Rizzotti to overcome financial adversities she might face coaching at a Div. I school?

Auriemma didn’t prepare her to coach at a Power 5 school within the first 15 years of her profession?

He failed.

Sound ridiculous? It is.

That’s not the point in this thread.
1. She never coached at a P5 school
2. She’s not Geno like none of Pat’s coaching tree is Pat
3. Like I said the poster you responded to with your Rizzoti crack was talking about style of play.

Maybe Harper was away long enough to establish her own coaching identity but Warlick? She tried to be Pat without the stare and talent.

I think she would have hated the no touch defense in vogue today. Offense gets all the breaks. Sad!

1. She never coached at a P5 school
2. She’s not Geno like none of Pat’s coaching tree is Pat
3. Like I said the poster you responded to with your Rizzoti crack was talking about style of play.

Maybe Harper was away long enough to establish her own coaching identity but Warlick? She tried to be Pat without the stare and talent.

Even style of play is a faulty attribution! The approaches aren’t reflective! That’s why I made the sarcastic analogous remark!

And “Warlick tried to be Pat without the stare and talent”??? Really? That’s propaganda. Maybe she developed her approach when she assisted at Va Tech and it remained dormant....

But you are missing the point here. You are trying to pick a fight when you squabble over the insignificant in this thread.

Does anyone else find it lame we have a thread like this on Volnation? One of the greatest coaches of all time, any sport imo

Finally......sanity!

The word "Volnation" is even in the URL and the border on my screen above is orange!

Damn pandemic!

Last edited:
Opens beer, sits back into captains chair. “Take us out there, Mr Sulu.”

If you hire Harry Paretta as a consultant for Offense I think you are acknowledging your offensive schemes are lacking and in need of an overhaul.

If you hire an offensive coach whose m.o. is a 3 ball offense, period, did you hire the correct consultant?

Opens beer, sits back into captains chair. “Take us out there, Mr Sulu.”

SpotlessWavyCoati-small.gif

Reactions: Prophet1
If you hire Harry Paretta as a consultant for Offense I think you are acknowledging your offensive schemes are lacking and in need of an overhaul.

If you hire an offensive coach whose m.o. is a 3 ball offense, period, did you hire the correct consultant?

If you can manipulate a keyboard and name yourself PointGuard, do you think Volnation is the appropriate message board to dupe members into believing emotion-driven propaganda?

Auriemma will never have the Baden's that Summitt had.

Did Gino ever win anything when he didn’t have the best players?
You say that as though having the best players diminishes what he's won.

Did Geno, or Pat, or any great coach in any sport win consistently with a bunch of bums? Did they have anything to do with acquiring and developing the best players?

I get it! These guys are pranking, people. It's an early April Fool's joke. They will come on here Wednesday and post, "April Fool's!"
Funny, funny, funny! How did you plan this? Ah, to have time on your hands!....

VN Store

Back