Why does the left hate people that make money?

This pretty much sums it up:
“There are far too many people in this country who work full-time only to struggle, and it's unethical for that to be the case while billionaires exist.”

Reactions: FLVOL_79
This pretty much sums it up:
“There are far too many people in this country who work full-time only to struggle, and it's unethical for that to be the case while billionaires exist.”
Bill Gates sends money to Africa to keep people from dying from mosquito bites. So the people here complaining about what’s fair can piss off.

That's just another one of those things the Right says over and over again hoping to convince each other that it's true. That's a few of them below:

200.gif

Ultimately, they believe what they believe because they are economic illiterates. A lot of it is emotional and feelings-based rather than fact and reality-based. Billionaires should be taxed more because they don't "need" or "deserve" that much money. Who gets to determine that? Well they do, of course. Before you know it, nearly everyone is paying this additional tax that at one point only billionaires were paying. Just like the AMT and the income tax itself.

Many of them have a false or childlike understanding of money or just simply how the world works. I've seen multiple places on social media where a leftist has said something like "Bill Gates retired from Microsoft in 2006, yet since then he's gotten even richer. That shouldn't be able to happen. How is that possible? Any additional money he makes while not working should just be taxed." It's as if they've never heard of the concept of ownership in a company, compound interest, or anything having to do with capital and investing.

A lot of what it boils down to is that many on the left see economics as a zero-sum game. There's a belief that for somebody to be rich, then somebody else (maybe even a ton of somebody elses) must be poor. In order for Bill Gates to have a $100b net worth, then 10 million people must be poor. Therefore we should change how the pie is sliced so it is more "fair," not try and make the pie bigger.

The fact that he doesn’t buy all those bobbles and trinkets is why he has that accumulated wealth . He dropped out of college , started his own business and invented something the world wanted . Give this superficial , crying chick just a million of his dollars and I’ll bet she’d be back broke and screeching in 3 years .

The fact that he doesn’t buy all those bobbles and trinkets is why he has that accumulated wealth . He dropped out of college , started his own business and invented something the world wanted . Give this superficial , crying chick just a million of his dollars and I’ll bet she’d be back broke and screeching in 3 years .
Exactly. The greedy lefty's like @Hunerwadel and @evillawyer seem to think if you just give everyone the same amount of money it should stay that way not realizing within a certain amount of time people will be poor and others rich because of the decisions they make with what they have.....but apparently that is everyone else's fault that I save money.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Are we to complain about anything that separates one person from another now?

It's not fair that black people get all the melanin, they should be made to share. Tan people too, it's not fair they should have so much while pasty gingers struggle with the sun.

Reactions: 0nelilreb and Bigun
Why is a tax cut viewed by the left as “taking from the poor and giving to the rich”?
Because the government is broke and poor so taking away from the government and giving it back to the rich middle class is wrong.

Exactly. The greedy lefty's like @Hunerwadel and @evillawyer seem to think if you just give everyone the same amount of money it should stay that way not realizing within a certain amount of time people will be poor and others rich because of the decisions they make with what they have.....but apparently that is everyone else's fault that I save money.

That is just a bald faced bull**** lie. Show me where I ever said anything remotely close to that. I doubt @evillawyer did either.

That is just a bald faced bull**** lie. Show me where I ever said anything remotely close to that. I doubt @evillawyer did either.
Just to clarify, you disagree with the idiotic and stupid ramblings of greedy economic illiterates like Robert Reich and Paul what's his face from the NYT, Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, and 99.9% of all Democrats who say people don't "deserve" their wealth?

VN Store

Back