Why can't we get any offensive commitments?

The real old Nebraska system.
giphy.gif

They still grow corn in Nebraska but they dont grown beasts. That left when 'roid testing started......do the math.

Just picked up the # 1 TE in the Nation. I am not at all worried about the offense and really welcome the list of defensive players we are adding at positions of need. There should some way to remove all these negative people who populate this board and send them back to their Georgia or Florida boards I know, we can put the on ignore but why can’t we make it simple and keep them from posting. It will only get worse as we start beating them again

Thanks. TE isn't coming until 2024 though so it is kind of confusing. They could also flip between now and then.

We are getting some decent defensive players. I am surprised WRs are not lining up to be in Heupel's system, however.

This is no knock on Heupel and staff at this point. There is a recruiting ceiling that this program is up against until it DOES SOMETHING ON THE FIELD. Gotta start winning some games (emphasis on plural) it isn't expected to win.

I never said it was but some angry posters came at me about it. I am just shocked we are not getting more attention on that space. I think our bad reputation from the past and NIL is hurting us.

I never said it was but some angry posters came at me about it. I am just shocked we are not getting more attention on that space. I think our bad reputation from the past and NIL is hurting us.
We currently got the number 8 class that should rise tommorrow when seldon commits… I’m not sure if people truly understand where we are as a program… we gonna have to win with classes ranked in the 6-15 range until we show a little more stability and consistency… we have a really good class forming… I am truly confused when posters take this sky is falling attitude… this coaching staff in one year has shown to be better developers of talent than we have had in a long time and that was without a full offseason season… the class rankings are often overrated and skewed to the teams who are already good… if UGA or Bama or OSU are interested in the guy the sites will rank them high that’s fact… just give this staff time to show what they can do and Tennessee will recruit itself… we have the best player in the nation after going 3-7 and 7-6 the past 2 years just relax please…

Thanks. TE isn't coming until 2024 though so it is kind of confusing. They could also flip between now and then.

We are getting some decent defensive players. I am surprised WRs are not lining up to be in Heupel's system, however.
Some of the ones for this year will/can also flip to Tennessee as they did last year.

We currently got the number 8 class that should rise tommorrow when seldon commits… I’m not sure if people truly understand where we are as a program… we gonna have to win with classes ranked in the 6-15 range until we show a little more stability and consistency… we have a really good class forming… I am truly confused when posters take this sky is falling attitude… this coaching staff in one year has shown to be better developers of talent than we have had in a long time and that was without a full offseason season… the class rankings are often overrated and skewed to the teams who are already good… if UGA or Bama or OSU are interested in the guy the sites will rank them high that’s fact… just give this staff time to show what they can do and Tennessee will recruit itself… we have the best player in the nation after going 3-7 and 7-6 the past 2 years just relax please…

True but Alabama was in same spot and Saban came in and brought in top classes. Same with Texas A&M and Fisher. You do have to come in and make a splash early to get things turned around.

I am probably worrying about nothing. Apologies to everyone.

This is no knock on Heupel and staff at this point. There is a recruiting ceiling that this program is up against until it DOES SOMETHING ON THE FIELD. Gotta start winning some games (emphasis on plural) it isn't expected to win.
Just to play devils advocate, what has Miami won lately? What has Texas won lately? What has Texas A&M won lately? What has Mizzou and Kentucky won lately? All of which are currently ranked ahead of us in recruiting.

True but Alabama was in same spot and Saban came in and brought in top classes. Same with Texas A&M and Fisher. You do have to come in and make a splash early to get things turned around.

I am probably worrying about nothing. Apologies to everyone.
Saban and Fisher were also both national championship winning coaches and known as dynamic recruiters when they took over those programs. They carried a little more clout behind them than CJH currently does. If you want a more accurate comparison, look at Saban's early years at Michigan State. He was 6-5-1, 6-6, and 7-5 his first 3 years there. This I think is the kind of slow progress we can expect if we want to get this program built back to where it can be.

Whoever wins here, whether it be CJH or somebody else, its not going to be a meteoric rise. Thats NEVER been who we are as a program. We hired a national championship winning coach in Majors and it still took him 9 years just win a conference title here and never won a natty. It took Fulmer 5 years to win a conference title and 6 to win a natty.

The main difference I see between CJH and the 3 previous head coaches we've had is CJH possesses a much higher football IQ and a level of emotional intelligence that the previous coaches did not posses. That is why I'm much more confident and optimistic in his ability to build this program back to where it should be, IF we can just be patient enough to let it happen.

Last edited:
Just lost O-lineman today. You would think with Nico and Heupel, we could land some of these guys. Doing great on defense though.

When are we going to land a good WR? We missed on Carnell Tate already and there isn't a major standout on the radar.

1657226947356.gif

Reactions: DaddyChad
Just lost O-lineman today. You would think with Nico and Heupel, we could land some of these guys. Doing great on defense though.

When are we going to land a good WR? We missed on Carnell Tate already and there isn't a major standout on the radar.
You were saying?

UT may have just gotten the best non-QB player in this class. He will probably line up in the slot most of the time but could really help at any skill position or any spot in the defensive back 7.

Seldon is essentially a faster, more athletic version of Tate.

Saban and Fisher were also both national championship winning coaches and known as dynamic recruiters when they took over those programs. They carried a little more clout behind them than CJH currently does. If you want a more accurate comparison, look at Saban's early years at Michigan State. He was 6-5-1, 6-6, and 7-5 his first 3 years there. This I think is the kind of slow progress we can expect if we want to get this program built back to where it can be.

Whoever wins here, whether it be CJH or somebody else, its not going to be a meteoric rise. Thats NEVER been who we are as a program. We hired a national championship winning coach in Majors and it still took him 9 years just win a conference title here and never won a natty. It took Fulmer 5 years to win a conference title and 6 to win a natty.

The main difference I see between CJH and the 3 previous head coaches we've had is CJH possesses a much higher football IQ and a level of emotional intelligence that the previous coaches did not posses. That is why I'm much more confident and optimistic in his ability to build this program back to where it should be, IF we can just be patient enough to let it happen.

Agree with bolded area.

You were saying?

UT may have just gotten the best non-QB player in this class. He will probably line up in the slot most of the time but could really help at any skill position or any spot in the defensive back 7.

Seldon is essentially a faster, more athletic version of Tate.
If he had the same exposure as Tate, he'd be ranked higher.

Probably whenever we get a coach who knows offense

VN Store

Back