Why are so many Vol fans against Coach Pruitt all of the sudden?

Well... It's because this team is ten times worse than last years team. May not win another game this year. Are people suppose to get on board with that? It's year 3 after all and this may be the worst Tennessee offense i've ever witnessed.. I don't think Pruitt's time at Tennessee will ultimately have a happy ending , too many red flags have already popped up.

I’m not following your logic. You seem to be saying that Weinke, Friend, and some unnamed defensive coach(-es) need to be held accountable for the poor play of the team, but that the man ultimately responsible for the final product, who serves as his own de facto defensive coordinator and DL coach, should not be held accountable? He just needs to hire better coaches (which is the number one responsibility of a manager/coach)?
Our back up QB's are not ready to play and some have been in the system for 2 years. They are not ready to play. That is on the QB coach if he is coaching the QB's. The O line is under performing in a big way. Some of that has to be on the O line coach. Pruitt has made a change on the D side of the ball but we are having trouble lining up correctly and we are not all on the same page. That has to fall on coaches on the defensive side of the ball. Pruitt is accountable for the Coaches. He can not be everything all the time. No coach can. He is responsible for the finished product and it leaves a lot to be desired. But, it is not all Pruitt's fault.

Because he does not even know what asparagus is. Seriously though, my biggest reason is the fact that Hugh Freeze is hirable again. My second biggest reason is the QB situation.

It’s not about being for it against. That’s like saying who’s for JG. All my fans are. But like jg, Pruitt is not very good at his job. In fact...Pruitt will almost certainly go down as the worst coaching hire of the last 3 cycles. Butch and Dooley were better at this juncture.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
I imagine it’s largely due to on the field results in his third year. An anemic offense led by a clueless QB, an underperforming OLine, a defense that can’t defend a pass (especially a slant), a digressing punter, and several blowout losses, one being to Kentucky. Idk
I'm sorry. But are you really blaming Pruitt for issues that fall squarely on his veteran OCs shoulders. Also the punter??

I obviously wasn’t there and hate to post what I heard From another source But something happened between Trey Smith and Riley Locklear.

How's this been glossed over by so many without 100 questions of what happened?

And how is it that a conflict between a couple of players led to the demise of an entire season? (as so many have alluded to halftime of the UGA game being the turning point, a though that I don't personally prescribe to)

I have always liked Pruitt, and I still do. But the arguments against him are strong. The Vols have underperformed in almost every single phase of the game. He needs to turn things around now.

Reactions: Remy and NcVolfan24
It’s the losses for me. There’s this inexplicable consistency of failure. If guys aren’t executing. Okay the guys who will. If nobody on your roster can execute then that says a lot out the coach.

Being the vast majority of the Vol-faithful grew up in the Bible-belt; I believe they are looking for their Lord and Savior of Tennessee Football. The one who will redeem their beaten and bruised football program and carry their team and fanbase through to the promised land but with the expectation that they have to be there within 3 seasons; otherwise mutiny.

I disagree - it will take more than 3 years to compete with those teams...but we should be beating Kentucky, Arkansas and similar programs...

Did I not just see Lane Kiffin's Ole Miss Rebels compete with Bama? In year one? In the third game? With no spring ball? OK Then.

Being the vast majority of the Vol-faithful grew up in the Bible-belt; I believe they are looking for their Lord and Savior of Tennessee Football. The one who will redeem their beaten and bruised football program and carry their team and fanbase through to the promised land but with the expectation that they have to be there within 3 seasons; otherwise mutiny.

That is the most ridiculous statement ever. How you associated the Bible Belt with Tennessee's football woes is asinine. Don't know your agenda, but you are way off the mark.

Reactions: Steve_Smith89

VN Store

Back