Why all-in on Pruitt now???

I don't understand all the optimism you blokes have now. All of the sudden, Pruitt is definitely the right coach. The Vols are 2-5 this year with losses to BYU and Georgia St. Now coming off a blowout loss to an Alabama team without Tua for most of the game, the Vols have turned the corner?
Butch Jones had two 9-4 seasons and 3 bowl wins, and you jimmies wanted him fired the whole time he was here.

While not totally on board that CJP is THE guy, there is little doubt this team is far more prepared each Saturday than earlier in the season. That is progress.

Now he needs to lead this team to.more wins. If he can get 4 more this season, im bought in.

However, CDM in Florida is going to be tough to beat unless we get a top 10 or higher class in here for the next 2 seasons.

Our NCAA football discussion group met last night at the Oak Ridge Applebee's. I had mentioned it and invited everyone to attend a little earlier in the thread, so I thought I'd share the highlights from last night. We had 3 other couples in attendance. One from Adamsville, one from Oak Ridge, and one from Cleveland. All are regular attenders, so no new couples. We all had the riblets (can't go wrong there). As usual, my wife created a highlight video from Saturday's game, and we all watched it after we finished eating. The video always gets the conversational juices flowing so to speak. We then ordered several pitchers of Blue Moon and we got down to the business of discussing Saturday's game. There were some heated discussions on several points. Don't want to bore you, so I'll just hit the high points.
1. The majority of us were disgusted with Coach Pruitt's handling of JG after the fumble. Feel that Coach Pruitt needs more "social awareness" if he is the face of the program. National television was not the place to dress JG down for that. Could have been pulled out immediately, and he could have gotten his scolding in private. A couple of the guys were in tears while speaking of this situation.
2. All felt our offensive line play was pretty impressive. After doing much study on the physics and technique of blocking this summer, my wife and I now feel pretty well educated when discussing line play.
3. All of us also agreed that our defense looks much more prepared than it did earlier in the season. Clint (guy in our group) has a motto that he always uses when discussing defense, "Alignment, Assignment, Attack". And he feels the Vols were pretty solid with this Saturday. He had a few to many Blue Moons, and he kept screaming that motto over and over. Manager had to ask him to stop. Bloke can't hold his suds......
4. Had some good discussion on maybe moving Jennings to QB. Maurer may be injured still, and we don't think Pruitt will play Guarantano anymore. However, at this point, most of us still believe Guarantano gives us the best shot at winning.
Again new couples are welcomed. Join us.......
Lol.

Why all-in on Pruitt now?

(a) He's our head coach.
(b) We'd like to get back to winning ways.
(c) He is the quickest path to get there.

Now, that's all it should really take. We are fans. We are fanatic. About our team. About wanting it to succeed.

So we should fanatically support and encourage and cheer on those coaches and players who have the best chance to get us to our goal.

I mean...is this rocket science? It doesn't seem complicated to me. It doesn't seem hard.

I've been all-in on Pruitt since he was hired. I'll stay all-in on him as long as he's wearing orange.

I'm not sure if he's the guy who will get us back to championships, but I really, really want him to be.

So, sure. All-in.

The only question that remains is: why wouldn't you be?

Our NCAA football discussion group met last night at the Oak Ridge Applebee's. I had mentioned it and invited everyone to attend a little earlier in the thread, so I thought I'd share the highlights from last night. We had 3 other couples in attendance. One from Adamsville, one from Oak Ridge, and one from Cleveland. All are regular attenders, so no new couples. We all had the riblets (can't go wrong there). As usual, my wife created a highlight video from Saturday's game, and we all watched it after we finished eating. The video always gets the conversational juices flowing so to speak. We then ordered several pitchers of Blue Moon and we got down to the business of discussing Saturday's game. There were some heated discussions on several points. Don't want to bore you, so I'll just hit the high points.
1. The majority of us were disgusted with Coach Pruitt's handling of JG after the fumble. Feel that Coach Pruitt needs more "social awareness" if he is the face of the program. National television was not the place to dress JG down for that. Could have been pulled out immediately, and he could have gotten his scolding in private. A couple of the guys were in tears while speaking of this situation.
2. All felt our offensive line play was pretty impressive. After doing much study on the physics and technique of blocking this summer, my wife and I now feel pretty well educated when discussing line play.
3. All of us also agreed that our defense looks much more prepared than it did earlier in the season. Clint (guy in our group) has a motto that he always uses when discussing defense, "Alignment, Assignment, Attack". And he feels the Vols were pretty solid with this Saturday. He had a few to many Blue Moons, and he kept screaming that motto over and over. Manager had to ask him to stop. Bloke can't hold his suds......
4. Had some good discussion on maybe moving Jennings to QB. Maurer may be injured still, and we don't think Pruitt will play Guarantano anymore. However, at this point, most of us still believe Guarantano gives us the best shot at winning.
Again new couples are welcomed. Join us.......

A couple of the guys were in tears while speaking of this situation.

You might need to do a package check the next time you meet.

Reactions: jlawso21
BS. We have better talent than the majority of the teams on our schedule.
If that were all it took to win then Jones would still be around.

Talent yes. Development no. They're getting better on the OL and DL. Pruitt's mistake by investing in JG has turned out to be huge.

Reactions: 12 Monkeys
Dang if Jones or Dooley had just thought to jerk a players face mask on national tv they would have kept their jobs! I am sure both are kicking their own butts knowing that’s all they needed to do! 🤷‍♂️ Let’s not forget our new hero coach Pruitt truly believed and probably still does that JG is the best QB! 6 wins and a bowl is improvement!

Yeah really crazy for a HC to think that the most experienced QB on the roster, who helped the team to wins over 2 ranked teams just a season ago, might be his best chance at winning. Imagine that.

Reactions: Rooster1
Yeah really crazy for a HC to think that the most experienced QB on the roster, who helped the team to wins over 2 ranked teams just a season ago, might be his best chance at winning. Imagine that.
Good to know you agree with Pruitt that JG is the best QB option we have.

Good to know you agree with Pruitt that JG is the best QB option we have.

Read my post again. Show me exactly where I said that. My post is me saying that perhaps the HC believed an experienced QB would be the best option over 2 dudes who hadn’t taken a snap in college.

Or are you saying that you knew, without ever having seen a UT practice (I admit this is an assumption), that BM was going to be a gamer and was the best QB on the roster?

Much appreciated if you’d not put words in my mouth in the future.

You dont understand Freshmen 5* and 4* can not be counted on and you are basically rolling the dice on the kids you sign and hope 70% of them work out. Even alabama can have a positions group not really pan out to elite like they are used too. This Bama team is very very good but it is nowhere near the great they have been. Florida, Lsu and Auburn would give them a game any weekend.
You don’t understand that they are 3-4 deep at most any position in 4 and 5 star talent. If one doesn’t work out, the next will. Saban and the coaching staff may be having an off year in motivating them, but talent isn’t an issue. If a freshman starts at bama it’s because he is exceptionally gifted.

That Alabama team is NOT a normal bama squad. They will lose 2 before the season its over. WE played with heart but still a loooooooooooooooong way to go. Pruitts recruiting is not good enough ...yet
The “normal Bama squad” is loaded with talent, is coached by the greatest head coach in college football history and is ranked #1 in the country.

The Bama squad we play Saturday is loaded with talent, is coached by the greatest head coach in college football history and is ranked #1 in the country.

Reactions: GoVols64
I don't understand all the optimism you blokes have now. All of the sudden, Pruitt is definitely the right coach. The Vols are 2-5 this year with losses to BYU and Georgia St. Now coming off a blowout loss to an Alabama team without Tua for most of the game, the Vols have turned the corner?
Butch Jones had two 9-4 seasons and 3 bowl wins, and you jimmies wanted him fired the whole time he was here.

I’m one of those guys that doesn’t know what to think yet of Pruitt, don’t care for his personality personally, but everyone can see improvement happening the past 3 weeks, probably need to wait until end of the season to see if it continues. I doubt the team caves in the last 2-3 weeks this year like last season, quite the opposite is what I would bet on. I’m thinking when he has 4 classes of his recruits trained under him UT will be a handful. Doubtful after this season that UT will be scratching to make a bowl, in a couple of years I think his team will prob be capable of beating anyone in the SEC on a given Saturday.

This is just ridiculous. Some of y’all are trying to rewrite history.
Only because of the 2015 game when we played them hard and had em on the ropes primarily because we were coming off a bye while Bama was playing their 8th game in a row. Alabama that day didn’t look like Alabama until it was time to win the game late, when they turned it up and dominated the last couple of series to win 19-14.

Other than that, the collective score of Alabama vs Tennessee was 173-47 during the butch years.

No, you didn't clarify anything. You just made an indefensible excuse.
Facts don't lie....neither do bones.....the dregs are gone. The young and inexperience are getting better.

We do have several older players, playing but for a majority of the roster the younger players are carrying the load. JG is a talented 4*-5* but he plays like a 1 -2*....Does not live up to hype....

If UT does not beat Vandy and Ky down the stretch I think the questions linger, but right now the UT team is showing growth. Ky is playing a WR at QB and Vandy should never be in a game with UT based upon talent alone, not even close, don’t care what anyone says about UT being down, the dores have way less talent still, if they win UT was out coached plain and simple.

If UT does not beat Vandy and Ky down the stretch I think the questions linger, but right now the UT team is showing growth. Ky is playing a WR at QB and Vandy should never be in a game with UT based upon talent alone, not even close, don’t care what anyone says about UT being down, the dores have way less talent still, if they win UT was out coached plain and simple.

If we lose to UK and Mizzu questions linger. If we lose to Vandy or UAB all questions have been answered.

Reactions: VolArmy74

VN Store

Back