Why all-in on Pruitt now???

Granted, I haven't lived in the states long enough to see the Vols during their best years under Fulmer. However, Mississippi St. is one of the worst teams in the SEC. And Alabama was playing very conservative with their backup QB. I was hoping for a Tennessee win for sure, but you have to watch the game of football objectively chap.
As far as being on the wrong board, my wife and I have intently studied NCAA football since moving to the US, we have a thriving couples NCAA football discussion group that meets at Applebee's each Monday night during the season. We welcome you to come tonight to the Applebee's in Oak Ridge. Discussion will be welcomed and the Blue Moon will be flowing.

We beat a God-awful Mississippi State team on what may have been their worst day of the season. Moorhead may be gone because of that game. We didn't have an offensive TD against Bama and they slowed down their own offense after Tua went out. It was a slow grind of a game that produced a low score and the only thin most national commentators are talking about is Pruitt manhandling a player and whining about officiating in a game we lost by three TDs. There is nothing good about any if this other than the fact that we put 1 SEC game in the W column. If we beat SC, I'll assume that we've improved somewhere along the line. If not, I'll look for the knob gobblers to put a sock in it and start having some serious conversations about replacement options. Go Vols

Reactions: Thorp32
Granted, I haven't lived in the states long enough to see the Vols during their best years under Fulmer. However, Mississippi St. is one of the worst teams in the SEC. And Alabama was playing very conservative with their backup QB. I was hoping for a Tennessee win for sure, but you have to watch the game of football objectively chap.
As far as being on the wrong board, my wife and I have intently studied NCAA football since moving to the US, we have a thriving couples NCAA football discussion group that meets at Applebee's each Monday night during the season. We welcome you to come tonight to the Applebee's in Oak Ridge. Discussion will be welcomed and the Blue Moon will be flowing.
giphy-4.gif
Applebees??? Study??? I've played this game for over 15 years at the university your cheering for, buddy you need to go back to studying if you can't see improvement. It was always going to be an up hill battle but we're slowly but surely getting to where we need to be.

We beat a God-awful Mississippi State team on what may have been their worst day of the season. Moorhead may be gone because of that game. We didn't have an offensive TD against Bama and they slowed down their own offense after Tua went out. It was a slow grind of a game that produced a low score and the only thin most national commentators are talking about is Pruitt manhandling a player and whining about officiating in a game we lost by three TDs. There is nothing good about any if this other than the fact that we put 1 SEC game in the W column. If we beat SC, I'll assume that we've improved somewhere along the line. If not, I'll look for the knob gobblers to put a sock in it and start having some serious conversations about replacement options. Go Vols
No offensive touchdown against bama??? Then how the hell did we score 13 points??

I'll wait on actual wins vs the bad teams we are about to start playing before making any statements other than that yes, we look better than we did earlier in the season. One of the big factors in that is that we could not have looked any worse than we did early in the season. We looked like a JV middle school squad trying to figure out how to play vs Georgia State. In JV middle school the coaches often stand on the field and put people in place, we needed that earlier this year. It makes me, at the very least, hope Pruitt re-evaluates what he's been doing in spring and fall practice because something did not work at all there.

I've not trolled ever. I'm just an optimistic realist and most posters are low information fans in dire need of something, anything to grab on to.
By degree I'm more Vol (2 graduate degrees, a son residing in Hess Hall and 32 year tax resident) than Gator (one undergrad degree and 22 years of foolishness). What does blue font mean btw?
Tongue in cheek answer. You must not pay attention to this board very well.

Odd how so many posters use the same 'you're blind' messaging in their rubuttals. Working off a script?
No, we just all see the same mindless posts from you and your ilk. You don't like the Head Coach, You wanted someone else. We are useless, we need to fire everyone and hire <blank>. Blah blah blah. Blind is being very nice rather than insult whatever intelligence you might have.

That Alabama team is NOT a normal bama squad. They will lose 2 before the season its over. WE played with heart but still a loooooooooooooooong way to go. Pruitts recruiting is not good enough ...yet
Because he’s only signed one full class

I read this whole thing in Archie Bunker's voice.

Reactions: VolDave53
Wrong they played just as hard or harder for Butch in 2015 and only lost by 5. Bama had to drive 80 yards with 5 minutes to win the game.
Butch lost 8 games in his FIFTH season, most losses in the history of Tennessee in one year. He also left a depleted roster.

Tongue in cheek answer. You must not pay attention to this board very well.
I've read both VN and a Gators msg board for twenty plus years but rarely post because because of all the in fighting and attacks couple with the reality that someone always opines my very thoughts.

I don't understand all the optimism you blokes have now. All of the sudden, Pruitt is definitely the right coach. The Vols are 2-5 this year with losses to BYU and Georgia St. Now coming off a blowout loss to an Alabama team without Tua for most of the game, the Vols have turned the corner?
Butch Jones had two 9-4 seasons and 3 bowl wins, and you jimmies wanted him fired the whole time he was here.

I have been sold since before Pruitt got here.... give it time..... he will get it done

I've been as down on Pruitt as anyone, but we've looked much better the past 2 weeks. We're improving, the team (for the most part) is clearly bought in. Best thing we can do for now is keep this in place and see where it goes.

I've read both VN and a Gators msg board for twenty plus years but rarely post because because of all the in fighting and attacks couple with the reality that someone always opines my very thoughts.
I greatly apologize for fitting the stereotypical response. This is not a site to get on if you are sensitive to opinionated responses to posts. I have been worse than normal this season myself, but there are those that love nothing more than to interject their opinions into every thread and any post that doesn't fit their particular world view.

Happy Hour at the VFW today I see.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
View attachment 232734
Applebees??? Study??? I've played this game for over 15 years at the university your cheering for, buddy you need to go back to studying if you can't see improvement. It was always going to be an up hill battle but we're slowly but surely getting to where we need to be.

You played college football for 15 years?

I'm taking this on a week by week basis. The Vols have South Carolina this week and this is a MUST WIN game. Tennessee is 2-5 and HAS to go 4-1 the rest of the way to be bowl eligible. The rest of the schedule is not easy in any way.

As for Pruitt. If this team finishes 6-6 or 7-5 this season then that will show improvement was made. Simple as that.

Kinda hard to take you seriously when you admit you didn't watch the game with the offensive touchdown comment.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Their effort was great. Not sure you can say "at anytime during his tenure." Very generic assertion.
As a coach Butch is a joke. He had Dobbs, Jaylen & Jamara. As soon as they left the real Butch was left exposed. He is a used car salesman at best. If we had a Dobbs at QB now we would be 4-2 or 5-1.

VN Store

Back