Why all-in on Pruitt now???

I'll be super happy. I just don't see CP getting it done. The gumps are a rivalry game. Records mean little when to heated rivals face off.
Are you serious about that? People said the same thing in 2009 when Kiffin had us a FG away.

Since then we've got our boots smoked every single game but one leading up to yesterday.

Bama players have admitted they don't even see it as a rivalry any more.

And what about your other favorite team? Virtually the same story.

Saying things like you're saying is akin to just pretending the last 10 years didn't happen.

For almost 20 yrs now! Yes tenn hasnt shown it can win against any top team. When you lose 13 yrs in a row to Alabama 24 out of 30 to FLORIDA and cant beat a GA ST. Team. Yes i do have resevations on this team and pruitt. Wins are what counts . close works when horseshoes and handgrinades are used
And spelling, apparently.

I'm not ready to jump on the Pruitt wagon yet. But this team is finally starting to show a mean physical style. I'm still a little perplexed as to why it took this late in the season to show up.

That Alabama team is NOT a normal bama squad. They will lose 2 before the season its over. WE played with heart but still a loooooooooooooooong way to go. Pruitts recruiting is not good enough ...yet
Without Tua, they lose more than 2. Everyone going after that ankle now

I don't understand all the optimism you blokes have now. All of the sudden, Pruitt is definitely the right coach. The Vols are 2-5 this year with losses to BYU and Georgia St. Now coming off a blowout loss to an Alabama team without Tua for most of the game, the Vols have turned the corner?
Butch Jones had two 9-4 seasons and 3 bowl wins, and you jimmies wanted him fired the whole time he was here.
So, what is your point? Welcome to southern fried football

I've been as down on Pruitt as anyone on this board. I'm positive about that.

But it's impossible not to notice how he had a bunch of freshmen out there giving the #1 team in the country all they wanted for four quarters. Hell, if one particular freshman didn't get hurt we may have come away with a win.

If we finish this season how we finished last season, prepare y'alls self because I'm
gonna be on the fire Pruitt train all off-season.

If we get 5 wins I'll be neutral and cautiously optimistic moving forward. If we get to 6 I'll be back on the Pruitt train.

Fair, IMO.

If we finish like last year its possible I might think he needs to go too, but he'll get next year and nothing I can do about it. So even if I agree with you, Ill disagree with the constant whining about it. So, if that does indeed happen, prepare yourself for me whining about your whining all off season. Yay!!

Lol, let's hope we go bowling!! Best scenario for everyone.

I've seen nothing to go all in on Pruitt over so far.

If you can't get a Tennessee football team fired up to play Alabama then you kinda suck as a motivator.

This QB situation is setting up to be an ongoing problem into next season unless Maurer can stay 100 percent healthy and Bailey is as good or better than advertised. Any head coach knows that is the most important position on the field to get settled and it is still a huge question mark.

Did they look better Saturday than against GA ST?

Sure.

But they couldn't have possibly looked much worse than that first week.

I don't understand all the optimism you blokes have now. All of the sudden, Pruitt is definitely the right coach. The Vols are 2-5 this year with losses to BYU and Georgia St. Now coming off a blowout loss to an Alabama team without Tua for most of the game, the Vols have turned the corner?
Butch Jones had two 9-4 seasons and 3 bowl wins, and you jimmies wanted him fired the whole time he was here.

I never gave up on Pruitt, but have never fully endorsed him either. The reason for the optimism is that the team has improved steadily from the Florida game. Not enough, but a lot, and if it continues we might just be decent by the end of the season.

I am not all in. Still evaluating. Ga State game was a huge set back, dug himself a big hole, and is now digging out. These last five games will reveal a whole lot more than the last one. I think and hope we see more of the MSU game performance and win quite a few of them.

Butch Jones wasn’t left a mess created by.... Butch Jones.

Not me. He’s “coached” against Auburn LY & Alabama this year. The other games have been poor-average for a Tennessee coach

Fair, IMO.

If we finish like last year its possible I might think he needs to go too, but he'll get next year and nothing I can do about it. So even if I agree with you, Ill disagree with the constant whining about it. So, if that does indeed happen, prepare yourself for me whining about your whining all off season. Yay!!

Lol, let's hope we go bowling!! Best scenario for everyone.

Hopefully it doesn't come to that!

Reactions: Behr
All you can say is that this team has improved last two weeks. The next 5 games could tell us alot. For example 2-5 and Pruitt will have to have next year a 7 or 8 win season to get see the next season. 3-2- this year is a solid improvement and Pruitt gets a couple of more years. 4-1 give him an extension (not really).

Great scott........ you have to be kidding with that logic. Maurer was injured, but SO WAS TUA. And one thing I have learned in my sporting life, it doesn't matter if it's cricket, soccer, or NCAA football, when it is a rivalry game, you can throw the records out the window. It is going to be close. And it was for a while. Granted, I was gobsmacked by that fumble at the goal line that Alabama ran back for the touchdown. But, you could almost feel that nothing good was going to happen once it was 3rd and goal anyway.
I hope the best for Pruitt, don't want to see anyone fail. But I cannot feel bloody chuffed about a 35-13 loss
I pretty much knew that UT wasn't going to win as soon as JG entered the game. They have to "manage" him. They can't play to win with him... and that's not good enough to beat Bama regardless of who their QB is.

This was a real opportunity that was lost because Maurer got hurt and JG can't get the job done.

Reactions: Pride85
Then stop watching until we get better. If this was blue font intended, I apologize, if not get a life. Oh, wait. Just realized I am feeding a fool gator troll. The latter part of my statement applies.
I've not trolled ever. I'm just an optimistic realist and most posters are low information fans in dire need of something, anything to grab on to.
By degree I'm more Vol (2 graduate degrees, a son residing in Hess Hall and 32 year tax resident) than Gator (one undergrad degree and 22 years of foolishness). What does blue font mean btw?

You must not have been watching. The team is playing hard and if we had a better a qb, we destroy Georgia state and BYU. I agree, we should have beaten them anyway but the team looks like they are improving on a weekly basis. If we finish strong then that’s a big reason to be optimistic. As of right now, it looks like we are poised to finish strong

Nine games should always have been the measuring stick for this season (exclude Fla, Ga and Ala). Pruitt is 2-2 so far in those game with...as you pointed out...two horrendous losses. The last five games are very important for his evaluation. I’m not saying they should be wins, but they are all winnable games.

He desperately needs some success down the stretch.

You must not have been watching. The team is playing hard and if we had a better a qb, we destroy Georgia state and BYU. I agree, we should have beaten them anyway but the team looks like they are improving on a weekly basis. If we finish strong then that’s a big reason to be optimistic. As of right now, it looks like we are poised to finish strong

Who picked the d@mn starting QB?

Reactions: Shakinthefat
giphy-5.gif

Reactions: preacherwebb

VN Store

Back