Who's the next Vol

k-sny-vol

k-sny-vol
I could see us getting up to 3 more commitments. maximum. There's D. Jones, M. Austin, S. Corley, and R. Sykes.
Which one of these prospects do we have the greatest shot at and which ones do you think well actually sign..

Honestly i dont believe we will sign any of these guys, but if we do then it will probably be Austin because that's the only position where an incoming freshman as talented as him can start at right now especially if Melancon de=commits... Jones wants to go somewhere where he can be the man right away and i believe with the ATH we have signed will take some of the spotlight off of him so he will probably stay with UNC or go to Clemson... Sykes will more than likely go JUCO and Corley is Fla bound

Corley is def. not Fla. bound. He is pissed at them for the way they treated him. He will decide between UT, Alababa, and LSU.. I would say his top 2 are UT and ALabama.
Dwight Jones has been not as high on UNC lately. One rivals article said that UT or clemson has a really good shot at landing him.. I just dont know why he'd rather go to Clemson than UT. OUr fan base is way bigger, bigger stadium, on TV every week, and were super unexperienced at WR.. If D. Jones came here then he could be the man, but I just hope that since we got another possible WR in D. moore, that he wont slip away from us.

This has to be UT's best recruiting class ever. Only time will tell if they become some of UT's best players ever but I would be happy if they didn't get another player and keep the guys they have now.

I think Moore will be a Corner at UT.

Here is our remaining targets that I think we will make room for. Any other commitments will have to greyshirt...
Rae Sykes - FSU or UT - Sign and Place
Sidell Corley- UT or LSU or Bama We may have backed off of him. LSU might pick him up.
Dwight Jones - Clemson or UT - I have a feeling he comes to UT
Marvin Austin - FSU or UT A toss up between the two
Ahmad Paige - Florida or UT If florida runs out of room he's ours.
Marquis Maze - Miami or Bama or UT
Stefoin Francois - LSU or FSU or UT - Probably LSU, but he is visiting us this weekend so you never know...

If Corley is pissed at Fla wouldn't he want to come to UT to play them for 4-5 years? I think we get Dwight and possibly Austin as well, but you never know.

the most hopeful position is WR
1. I just can't imagine D. Jones picks up UNC or Tigers cuz they both suck so much.
2. UF will get one more 5* WR (maybe two). If they can't hold anymore WR, then we will be Paige's first choice.

Has Austin indicated that UT is a top two choice for him? I'm just wondering because Scout and Rivals both have UT behind at least three schools.

i would say sykes as a sign and place, and maybe jorden brooks. the rest of the guys i don't think we get, we also may lose melacon.

dont believe any more rumors on Austin because he will confuse u, he is playing the game perfect and dont be surprised if he signs with Boise State....

I hate how rivals will speculate and put Austin as a high interest for FSU and UNC and only have UT and USC as a medium interest when he is telling people that UT is equal on his list. Come to Knoxville Marvin, you won't be disappointed!!!!

Since we are at 30 commits right now, assuming they all sign, how many do we get this year? Will next year be a smaller number? I'm sure losing Morley opened up a spot but 30 seems like a big class.

Yeah the guy who cuts my hair's brothers wifes cousins dog walkers boyfriends sister got a text and said he was def. going to be in Idaho next season.

yep, thats the same thing i heard... and i also heard he's gonna go into business with Ian Johnson and make Beanie hats

i couldn't see us taking many more unless it was big name guys such as: dwight jones, ahmad paige, francois, austin.. Whats the latest on Corley?? have we backed off a bit on him

I hear Nick Saban had some nice word for the cajun people of Louisiana. What a loser, and a liar. How could any recruit trust this guy?

yea,UT is basically just going after Austin and Jones and then Sykes is a sign and place guy, but we are still goin after Paige because FLA may get another 5 star reciever and we may not get Jones so we wont know until Wednesday

I think Moore will be a Corner at UT.

Here is our remaining targets that I think we will make room for. Any other commitments will have to greyshirt...

The UT coaches can ask another prior commitment to greyshirt, it doesn't have to be any other commitments before signing day. Also, Rogan and G. Williams will likely not qualify, so that leaves upen 2 spots.

They need to focus on Austin and the guys they already have and let D. Jones and the rest go elsewhere. There is going to be a chemistry problem and a log jam at WR with this much talent. A few of those guys will wind up transferring when they don't get on the field enough. Not a bad problem to have though.

They need to focus on Austin and the guys they already have and let D. Jones and the rest go elsewhere. There is going to be a chemistry problem and a log jam at WR with this much talent. A few of those guys will wind up transferring when they don't get on the field enough. Not a bad problem to have though.

No, they need to focus on Marvin Austin AND Dwight Jones. Do you not understand how good D. Jones is? There won't be a problem with too much talent at WR. Most of these WR commits could play CB or S if needed. Vinson and O'Neal could be great at CB, and Maples could play S. You can never have enough pure athletes on a team, and that is exactly what all these guys are.

No, they need to focus on Marvin Austin AND Dwight Jones. Do you not understand how good D. Jones is? There won't be a problem with too much talent at WR. Most of these WR commits could play CB or S if needed. Vinson and O'Neal could be great at CB, and Maples could play S. You can never have enough pure athletes on a team, and that is exactly what all these guys are.

Do you really think Vinson or O'Neal will be playing defense? Come on! That's part of the reason why D.J. is looking at schools like Clemson because he doesn't want to arrive on campus and find out he has just become a DB. My point is we already have an awesome class and because Austin is a DT he is a bigger need than another WR when we have some great recruits.

VN Store

Back