Who'll be the next Paul Bain?

I really think it could be Elijah Simmons, although I'd love for Simmons to be a much more productive player than Bain was. I'd love for Simmons to have that Paul Bain mythical, folk hero status about him, but also be a consistent contributor.

Simmons is a scholarship player, but he wasn't highly recruited at all. His only other FBS offers were from Memphis and Mizzou.

Hey, these things have to just happen naturally. Wilks and Bain both had organic origin stories that developed on their own. You can't go manufacturing folk heroes — that's a dark art best left in the realm of soulless marketing people.

it true when Rob Wilks left we thought he would never be replaced and we were right.. instead we got Paul Bain who was a whole nother type of awesome. Lets be real Rod Wilks was awesome but he was too awesome to ever show it on the field. Sir Bain took this to the next level by showing flashes of his glory on the actual field. So whats next? the next entity will have to be truly awesome to show the restraint and grace Wilks and Bain showed.

random side note did anyone know that the only reason Jerry Rice played WR is it was deemed it was the only position he was comparably terrible at. so to promote fairness in the NFL thats all he was allowed to play.

I’d much rather know who’s gonna be the next Reggie White, John Henderson or Shaun Ellis. No offense to Paul, who a GREAT kid to be praised and admired. But with all due respect, I’d rather know who’s gonna be the next dominant All-American and first round pick than who’s gonna be the next walk-on backup DT.

Reactions: SpookyAction
it true when Rob Wilks left we thought he would never be replaced and we were right.. instead we got Paul Bain who was a whole nother type of awesome. Lets be real Rod Wilks was awesome but he was too awesome to ever show it on the field. Sir Bain took this to the next level by showing flashes of his glory on the actual field. So whats next? the next entity will have to be truly awesome to show the restraint and grace Wilks and Bain showed.

random side note did anyone know that the only reason Jerry Rice played WR is it was deemed it was the only position he was comparably terrible at. so to promote fairness in the NFL thats all he was allowed to play.
Wilks got a lot of playing time the last half of 2012. Played well too. Best six weeks of @utfantilidie ’s life.

Paul Bain will decide his own replacement. Until then there is only one Paul Bain!
Paul Bain is much to modest. Paul Bain will not bestow such an honor! As said above, it will occur on its own! It will happen and we will never know that Mr. Bain approves......

Wilks got a lot of playing time the last half of 2012. Played well too. Best six weeks of @utfantilidie ’s life.
Never heard said he didn't play I said he never showed it on the feild. In all seriousness Bain made sports center...Wilks did not..why u making me be serious in a fun thread?

Reactions: MoodyVol
I’d much rather know who’s gonna be the next Reggie White, John Henderson or Shaun Ellis. No offense to Paul, who a GREAT kid to be praised and admired. But with all due respect, I’d rather know who’s gonna be the next dominant All-American and first round pick than who’s gonna be the next walk-on backup DT.

Paul Bain is particular niche. Those other guys weren't walk-ons and we all want to find the next of their ilk.
You are missing the purpose of this thread in finding the next cult status walk-on.
Our Rudy.
The guy who works his butt off for one chance to play at a place he loves instead of starting for some D-II school.

Reactions: MoodyVol
Paul Bain is particular niche. Those other guys weren't walk-ons and we all want to find the next of their ilk.
You are missing the purpose of this thread in finding the next cult status walk-on.
Our Rudy.
The guy who works his butt off for one chance to play at a place he loves instead of starting for some D-II school.

Rod Wilkes wasn't a walk-on. He was 'All World' at Smyrna High School.

Reactions: volfanbill

VN Store

Back