Who you got?

Lot of optimism in this thread. Hoping it goes well, but I think Gonzaga is a team built to give us struggles. With that said, this team is resilient and doesn't quit.

85-79 Zags is my pick (Hope the Vols prove me wrong big time)

Refs calling it tight hurts us IMO.

It will if the wrong guys get in foul trouble. We'd probably be at an advantage if Walker and Fulkerson plus any 2 from Gonzaga foul out. But if Williams or Schofield or Alexander foul out and any 2 Zags, TN loses.

It will if the wrong guys get in foul trouble. We'd probably be at an advantage if Walker and Fulkerson plus any 2 from Gonzaga foul out. But if Williams or Schofield or Alexander foul out and any 2 Zags, TN loses.
Yeah I’m just speaking generally. Hurts the flow of our offense and we haven’t shot well enough from the line to make up for it. Gonzaga on the other hand does.

I think that Gonzaga is too well coached to get in foul trouble unless the refs suck. Surely the NCAA rolls out one of their best crews for a top 10 matchup on a Sunday afternoon.

I think that Gonzaga is too well coached to get in foul trouble unless the refs suck. Surely the NCAA rolls out one of their best crews for a top 10 matchup on a Sunday afternoon.
That’s the other thing. We tend to foul at a higher rate than they do.

But if there’s one thing thing I’ve learned about college sports is to never overestimate the quality of officiating

Gonzaga is without Tillie. UT should win. If not, it will be a big disappointment. Hopefully, UT wins by double digits!!!
Whoa man slow the expectations, Zaga is the #1 team in the country. It seems like they score 90+ every time they play, without Tillie. To get the win Schofield and Williams have to play FULL games, Bone stay consistent and Bowden or Turner hit timely shots. Its a tough matchup guy!

Reactions: VolsGrad1989
Awesome if we pull it off, we're still a very good squad even if we don't. GBO

Last year Bone and Turner were at the top or very near; now they are at 20 and 22%.
If you thought Bone was one of our top 2 three point shooters last year I’m not sure what to tell you...similarly Lamonte Turner isn’t currently playing so I’m not sure why you’d include him when discussing tomorrow’s game.

Alexander will need quicker feet, Bone needs to think pass first, Grant just lead as usual, Bowden energy w/o emotion, I pray Schofields fader falls all day, and everyone quit jumping onto their heads w/every pump fake, refs will make it a long game also. Zags by 10. Not sure this team’s head and rotation is right yet.

I think we can keep it close but I don't think we can win in the end. We had Kansas beat but didn't have the ability to finish and I don't see a reason to think we have overcome that hurdle.
Glad to be wrong on this one. I now have a reason to believe that we can beat a good team at the end.

Reactions: VolNExile

VN Store

Back