Who would you prefer Coach Pruitt or Coach Gundy

Who would you prefer Pruitt or Gundy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pride85

Sorry guys, couldn't resist. Public poll. Comment about your choice if you wish.

Last edited:
I think Pruitt is a better risk vs reward hire for sure. Gundy would’ve been expensive.

Let's reimagine this situation.

Imagine, instead, that we'd hired Gundy rather than Pruitt. Then today, with Gundy being our coach, Pride85 asks the exact same question.

Is your answer still Pruitt? Of course not.

You don't know that. Good grief. I'd bet most of us don't even know how we would feel. I do know in reality I'd rather have Pruitt.

Imagine, instead, that we'd hired Gundy rather than Pruitt. Then today, with Gundy being our coach, Pride85 asks the exact same question.

Who knows?

If Gundy went 3-9 his first season here and his recruiting sucked, imagine that.......

I can see by the poll I’m definitely in the minority here, but at this point I’ve got to say Gundy. While obviously Pruitt has the potential to be better, he’s not yet had a winning season as a head coach, so I would rather have the guy who I KNOW is an aboveboard average coach vs the guy who I don’t know if he’s even decent, even if I want to BELIEVE he’ll be great

I can see by the poll I’m definitely in the minority here, but at this point I’ve got to say Gundy. While obviously Pruitt has the potential to be better, he’s not yet had a winning season as a head coach, so I would rather have the guy who I KNOW is an aboveboard average coach vs the guy who I don’t know if he’s even decent, even if I want to BELIEVE he’ll be great

Gundy might not be above average in THE SEC.

Would have preferred Gundy at the time, or just about any experienced and proven head coach. But it doesn't matter now. Pruitt's the guy, so he was always my first choice -- DUH!

Reactions: Seattle Hillbilly

If Gundy went 5-7 and Pruitt got another title with Bama, I doubt you are correct.

To be clear if I didn’t care much about how many we won or lost: Mike Leach

His interviews are some of the best ever

I’m happy to have Pruitt I think he’ll be exactly what Tennessee needs

Matt Campbell, Chris Petersen or Gary Patterson

In that order.
Again, proof that reading comprehension is not high on some people's list of talents on this board. Especially from the person that elicited this poll in the first place.

Reactions: Behr

VN Store

Back