Who would win?

VolFreakJosh

“Don’t you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby!”
2010 Elite 8 Team?

Or

This years current team?

I think the 2010 team had better individual talent but this years team seems to be better coached and more fundamentally sound.

I could see it go either way.

Reactions: germantown902
2010 Elite 8 Team?

Or

This years current team?

I think the 2010 team had better individual talent but this years team seems to be better coached and more fundamentally sound.

I could see it go either way.

This team has better team leadership, better communication on the floor, and has a hunger and sense of urgency that I never saw in Pearl's teams. And that is not meant to be a knock on Pearl or those earlier teams, just that the players on this team all seem to be totally invested in one mission, and that is rare in any sport.

Reactions: BigOrangeArsenal
I never thought I'd say this around this time last year, but this current team is the best Tennessee team I've ever seen (25 years old). The togetherness, unselfishness.. just incredible. Last night our two big guns do nothing in the first half, we're down 9 on the road in conference, come back to stomp them up 10 at the half and win by 25..

This team is deeper then that Elite 8 team, although I think that Elite 8 team probably had slightly more punch in terms of talent among the starting 5 or so.

Not going to get into a Bruce vs Barnes argument.. will always love Bruce, totally different coaches with different styles.. and the teams have kind of been shaped in their molds.

Hopefully this is the team that can break our SEC Tournament curse and take us to the Final 4

It was successful, but I don't miss the helter skelter approach to the game I felt under Pearl. I think over the course of a game this team's consent pressure on both ends of the court would win out.
We will see which type approach "wins out" over the next couple of months.

That Elite 8 team wasn’t better than the 2007-2008 team that went 31-5. We just ran into a very good Louisville team that knew how to play defense in the Sweet 16. This year’s team is on pace to fly right past that team and I think we finish the regular season 28-3. Win the SEC tournament and finish 31-3 before the NCAA Tournament. Get at least 3 more wins there and we’ll be at minimum 34-4 for the entire season with an Eite 8 appearance. Once you get to the Elite 8, any of those teams are worthy of winning it all so it’s a toss up from there.

This team has better team leadership, better communication on the floor, and has a hunger and sense of urgency that I never saw in Pearl's teams. And that is not meant to be a knock on Pearl or those earlier teams, just that the players on this team all seem to be totally invested in one mission, and that is rare in any sport.

What none of Pearls teams had was lock down half court defense. These guys can shut you down for 4 or 5 minutes when they need to.

At the start of the season you could have made a better case for leaning towards Pearls teams. But with the emergence of Bone and now Alexander (and Bowden - whoa)...this is the best team I've witnessed at my alma mater and I go back to early Mears.

VN Store

Back